Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plo

HELP !!! Going on week 2 of the Regimen and still breaking out

Well this week is my 2nd week on Dan's Regimen.

I'm breaking out more and the breaks out I already had are still not going away.

Yesterday I noticed a nodule coming out on each side of my cheeks. And I know they are going to get bigger and painful and be there forever. I do ice my lesions for a few minutes to help w/ the inflammation.

I'm following the directions. I'm pretty gentle w/ the cleanser, I don't leave it on for a long time. Just a few seconds like in the video. I wait a few minutes before applying the BP and I also wait a few minutes after to apply to mosturizer.

I also started using the spironolactone a week ago and also started the bc pill a week ago. I know that takes time.

I've also been on Doxycycline 100 mg for over a week.

But how long did it take for you guys to see improvement on Dan's Regime?

I know it may take time but I just want to hear it from you.

I've battle moderate to mostly severe acne for about 13 years. I've got the scars all over my face to prove it. :cry:

I'm 23 years old and it's embarrasing to still have acne.

This is something new that I'm trying and I have hope because I'm new on this website and I saw everyone else stories and how this worked for them.

I just don't want to be disappointed again. I've wasted and spent so much money just because I have acne.

I really want this to work.

So if I could just get a few opinions on this? Thanks

You have several factors here that could be confusing your results. But typically people have reported a breakout around weeks 2 and 5. Hang in there with it. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html Once you are at the full amount of bp, the clearing usually becomes more pronounced.

Also, it may be very hard for you to tell what may be helping or hurting since you've begun so many new things at the same time.

Generally, when I start on birth control pills, I break out for the first month or two before they help clear up my skin. Also, I was on The Regimen for about two months before my skin completely cleared up. Have patience. Also, like Brandy said, you're starting a lot of new stuff right now, so it might be harder to tell what's working and what's causing your breakouts. I'd say give it all a good three months. By then The Regimen should have kicked in, and any breakouts your birth control might be causing should have died down.

I'm on the 6th week of the regimen and am still having 1 to 3 zits/cynst every now and then. It takes time for the regimen to work. Be patience. :)

It can take a couple of months to see really drastic results...don't worry! Just wanted to hop in here and give you encouragement, it can work! I've been on the DKR for over 3 years now!

I'm on the 6th week of the regimen and am still having 1 to 3 zits/cynst every now and then. It takes time for the regimen to work. Be patience. :)

Six weeks on the regimen and you're still getting cysts? IMHO, that doesn't sound like it's working for you. Have you been following the directions and videos posted?

Six weeks on the regimen and you're still getting cysts? IMHO, that doesn't sound like it's working for you. Have you been following the directions and videos posted?

Yup, I have one on my forehead now. I'm glad there's only 1.

In fact, it's working great for me. From entire face filled with zits and cynst to only 1, I think it's considered a big improvement during this 6 weeks. I'm still waiting until I'm totally cleared though. Maybe in another few weeks? Some people take a longer time for the regimen to kick in, I guess I'm just one of them. :)

well i thank everyone's advice.

i'll just be patience w/ this whole thing yet again.

i've tried a bunch of other things already i guess i was anxious to see resutls right away.

:cry:

It's been a while, but from what I remember I started to see a fair amount of improvement after about 5-6 weeks, much better by 8 weeks, and was basically clear around 10 weeks. This was over 3 years ago, and I couldn't be happier with my skin. I had moderate acne (some cystic) for about 8 years and it's an amazing feeling to look in the mirror and just see "you".

It can be a very trying time during the first few months of this regimen, but if it works for you , I promise it will be worth it in the end. I would do it over again in a heartbeat if I had to!!!

Best of luck! I truly hope this works for you!