Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enmity

Dan's Regimen + Baking Soda?

Now if you went to the Treatment Review pages and searched up baking soda, you will see amazing reviews. I have used baking soda for a while and I really like it. I am planning to start the DKR soon but it is recommended that I only use the suggested products. What I usually do is wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda. Should I use baking soda with the DKR?

Extra details:

I use baking soda during the day and night as a scrub and exfoliator. I use use it to GENTLY remove dead skin and it really helps with the blackheads.

For the DKR I am planning to use

Cleanser - Cetaphil (with baking soda if suggested)

BP - Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturizer - Dan's Moisturizer

Again, my question is: Should I use baking soda with the DKR?

Now if you went to the Treatment Review pages and searched up baking soda, you will see amazing reviews. I have used baking soda for a while and I really like it. I am planning to start the DKR soon but it is recommended that I only use the suggested products. What I usually do is wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda. Should I use baking soda with the DKR?

Extra details:

I use baking soda during the day and night as a scrub and exfoliator. I use use it to GENTLY remove dead skin and it really helps with the blackheads.

For the DKR I am planning to use

Cleanser - Cetaphil (with baking soda if suggested)

BP - Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturizer - Dan's Moisturizer

Again, my question is: Should I use baking soda with the DKR?

[/quot\

You could try baking soda if you want but if you see no improvement than remove it from your regimen

I have used baking soda with the regimen. I wouldn't say it helped with clearing my skin or keeping it clear, but it definitely helps with exfoliating any flakes I may get occasionally. I like how gentle it is and how soft it makes my skin feel. You may want to see how your skin reacts to the BP treatment before you use baking soda (in the first few weeks) because you don't want to irritate your skin further until you adjust to the BP.

I did want to add- when I used Cetaphil my acne was worse. I started using Aveeno Positively Ageless Cleanser and my skin responded sooooo well to it. I haven't had any "relapses" at all since then. My sister was also having problems with her skin (she never gets break outs) and I suggested she stop using the Cetaphil and her skin cleared up right away. Just thought I'd share!! :) Good Luck!