Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanielH

How to use the jojobaoil with the regimen?

Hey there,

I'm having problems with flaky skin since I was about 5 days into the regimen (now 11), and so I bought some jojobaoil some days ago.

Well, I cannot really say it helped, so I wanted to ask how and when I should use it.

After cleansing my face? After using the moisturizer?

Should I rub the flakes off or should I massage it in gently?

I would be happy if anyone could help me.

Hey there,

I'm having problems with flaky skin since I was about 5 days into the regimen (now 11), and so I bought some jojobaoil some days ago.

Well, I cannot really say it helped, so I wanted to ask how and when I should use it.

After cleansing my face? After using the moisturizer?

Should I rub the flakes off or should I massage it in gently?

I would be happy if anyone could help me.

If you have acne I would not suggest you put jojoba oil on your face. I did that and although it made my face incredibly soft it also made it more prone to break out! If your skin is flaky or dry that is due to an interall issue. Instead of jojoba oil I would use aloe vera! Now I don't want you to go to the store and buy aloe vera gel. You will either have to see if any stores around there sell an aloe vera leaf or you can buy the plant. What you do is slice the green sides off and wash the gell(filet) off with water. Then cut maybe half of it in two and put it in your blender with some water. After you blend it pour into a basin or bowl and massage all over your face and body! It is the best thing for your skin and body. It will probably cure your flaky skin and it regenerates skin cells! It also helps prevent wrinkles. Doing this will not leave your skin oily like the jojoba oil. I would use the jojoba oil on the rest of your body, but not your face! Hope that helps you out. :-)

Cleanse your face and dry; pick flakes off carefully with a pair of tweezers; apply Jojoba oil; apply BP; moisturise - DONE!

I think I'll stick with Rakon's idea and see how well it works.

Picking up the flakes will be a real pain since they are very small (but they are many... very many), but if it changes something I'll try it, thanks.

If the flakes don't go away I'll try aloe very, thank you.

try exfoliating with the jojoba oil before you cleanse. it didnt work for me but has worked for a lot of other people. lol and im not sure u can pick all your flakes off wtih tweezers. try tape? lol, it might irritate ur skin a bit tho.

good luck! :)