Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Claire29

Coming up to 6 months on Spiro

Been on Spiro at 200mg a day for nearly six months. My skin is alot better, but I'm still getting spots and there's always loads of bumps on my face. I'll have a week or two with nothing, then start getting a crop of nasties round my chin, neck and cheeks. I thought by this point I'd be completely clear. Used to have a greasy t-zone, but that's gone now. I know people have different reactions and uptake to things, is it just that I'm one of the unlucky ones who have to wait longer? It's really annoying reading the reviews and people have put that they were clear in a few weeks.

The other good news is that I've lost loads of weight. Drinking all this water keeps me filled up and stops me snacking. With a bit of willpower as well, I've lost over 2 stone. Nice one eh?

Is 200mg the highest dose you can take? Would be interested to hear from those who are on higher doses.

Been on Spiro at 200mg a day for nearly six months. My skin is alot better, but I'm still getting spots and there's always loads of bumps on my face. I'll have a week or two with nothing, then start getting a crop of nasties round my chin, neck and cheeks. I thought by this point I'd be completely clear. Used to have a greasy t-zone, but that's gone now. I know people have different reactions and uptake to things, is it just that I'm one of the unlucky ones who have to wait longer? It's really annoying reading the reviews and people have put that they were clear in a few weeks.

The other good news is that I've lost loads of weight. Drinking all this water keeps me filled up and stops me snacking. With a bit of willpower as well, I've lost over 2 stone. Nice one eh?

Is 200mg the highest dose you can take? Would be interested to hear from those who are on higher doses.

I haven't heard of anyone taking more than 200 mg. Have you been taking 200 mg the entire six months? Are you taking anything else? Maybe a bcp or antibiotic could help.

I was on 100mg for the first 2 months. I put zindaclin on the spots that are still coming up and that seems to help with them.

I've been on the Spiro for 4 months now, and that's my fear.... to get to past where it should be working, and have wasted all this time. I hope it starts working for you! Are you on a BCP as well?