Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

Accutane Log and Blog

Well I should be starting accutane on Monday August 18th. I'm very excited! My acne is not sever but it is very persistant. I've dealt with it since I was 11 years old and I'm 22 now. Such a long time :( It's acutally gotten better since starting Loestrin 24fe so hopefully that will help along with the accutane.

I decided to get on accutane now because my boyfriend is in Iraq until the end of January and we're getting married as soon as he gets back so I want to be able to enjoy planning a wedding, and not having to worry about my face. I feel like my acne has affected me so much emotionally and hasn't really allowed me to be this happy care free person because I am always worried whether I have a pimple showing or not :[ I guess it is sorta superficial and shallow of me but I can't help it.

So I guess I just have to pray everyday this will work and not cause me any side effects!

Day 2

Well yesterday I popped my first pills. I take 10mg in the morn and 10mg at night for this first month. And I started it at a time when Im having a pretty bad breakout. For about 5-7 days before I started I didnt have one pimple on my face just 2 redmarks and I started doubting whether I needed to get on it or not. But I got a pimple the morning I was suppose to take it and I thought yup this is what is going to always happen if I don't end up going thru with this so I did it and Im excited and keeping my fingers crossed I dont have any serious side effects!

I will take pics soon...

I am also thinking I am just really really stressed bc my boyfriend is trying to decide whether to re-enlist or not, and it is a huge decision that will affect our lives. Also, Im taking 5 classes this semester! Yikes....along with this accutane.

Hey LATOO! Just wanted to wish you luck on your course. Hopefully you'll be all clear to plan a great wedding! Hope everything works out well with your bf's decision too.

Keep us posted and let us know if u have any questions as you start your course

i'm in the same boat as you, my acne isn't what someone would call severe but it is very persistant, im currently 18 days in and have already seen improvements in my skin. i hope you have nothing but success, good luck!

Thanks Jsully.

Day 3

Well lets see is it too early to be getting the initial breakout??? Cuz I'm getting cysts and they hurt :( Ugh

So depressed. I have insulin resistance and Im wandering if the accutane is making it worse therefore causing me to break out more....anyone know a thing or two about that?

Day 4

I now have 4 active pimples...3 of them hurt! It is weird because the skin around the pimple is peeling. Any my cysts feels rubbery (the skin on top)

I hated going to school today with zits showing :( Hopefully this is my IB.

Hey LATOO,

thanks for your support in my log. I'm sorry you're feeling down... me too. My face looks UGH right now but I know in 2-3 months, things will be soooo much better. I am already seeing subtle improvements already. You'll do great.

And congrats on getting married! By then, your skin will be the least of your worries! Good luck.

Well lets put it this way the day I started I had one pimple.

10 days later I have a disaster on my face. I can't even begin to tell you how my chin feels. It literally hurts, especially when I smile. I have one in the crease where your chin and bottom lip meet and it hurts the worst. I also had one of the side of my cheek that feels like rubber. I'll probably have to get this one injected and unfortuanately I don't see my derm until Sept. 19th!

Ive also realized I need to be on a way higher dosage since Im going to only be on this for 4 months. (I weigh 102lbs)

I am seriously praying my face starts to get clear and this IB dies out because it is awful!!!!

Yeah im in the same boat. Im on day 12 and my face is horriable. idk if i can hold out much longer. my face isnt even dry it just looks like latex or plasic, and its really tight. Is this suppose to happen lol ?

Well guys I have been on in a while because I have been so busy with school.

My side effects have just been dry skin but not too bad, dry scalp ( doc gave me some stuff for it), and I sometimes wake up in the night a little panicky....but i just turn on the TV and I'm fine.

So far so good. I am about to give blood tomorrow and up my dosage to 40mg instead of 20 mg.

I wanted to post a pic 1 wk into accutane so u can see how horrid my IB was....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/che.../jehfjr/007.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/che.../jehfjr/006.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/che...ehfjr/001-1.jpg

7 weeks 1 day.

Well since moving up to 40 mg Ive had another breakout. Its clearing up now but it is in no way clear. :[ Plus Ive been reading where peoples acne get WORSE after accutane and I cannot even imagine that. Especially since Im getting married and moving in with my fiance in January, I just realllllly want to be clear.

Hopefully this was the end of my breakouts and it will only be uphill from here on out.

7 weeks 5 days

Still breaking out. GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This sucks! Im so depressed. I go to the derm tomorrow. Ive been feeling really tired lately. I think im going to start ading in a B Complex vitamin tomorrow. How did u guys look at week 7-8? Were you breaking out still or noticing better results?

7 weeks 5 days

Still breaking out. GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This sucks! Im so depressed. I go to the derm tomorrow. Ive been feeling really tired lately. I think im going to start ading in a B Complex vitamin tomorrow. How did u guys look at week 7-8? Were you breaking out still or noticing better results?

Hey! I am on week 13 and still breaking out. Some people just take longer. You'll clear!

I hope so! :)

8 WEEKS!!! 56th day of accutane.

Well as of now I have 1 cyst and 1 whitehead that popped and about 8 redmarks from left over acne. I had my derm appt. yesterday and he said if I'm not clear next time he sees me hes upping my dosage to 60mg. Yikes! I only weigh 102lbs. I think thats going to be too much so i am praying i clear up. i also think im going to be on it for 5 months instead of 4 just to make sure it wont come back. The doc said we might have to do 6 if im not clear soon :(

Keeping my fingers crossed!

day 68

Well I broke out again. The breakouts seem to be happening slowly this week. Not a new one everyday...which is a good thing but I still don't see the light at the end up the tunnel...its still dark! Ahhhhh this should be working by now!

hi latoo! Don't stress about the break outs, doesn't look bad to me at all!

I hope your clear by the time you move in with your fiance! Awe!

Thanks Rai, I hope so too....but as of now it doesn't look like it! What really aggervates me is the fact that he NEVER gets a pimple. He has beautiful skin....makes me so jealous!

Anyways, still bad. The breakouts are definitely more slowly now but my face looks worse thna the last pics i posted.

I need to stop picking at them bc thats what I think is making me feel like my face is looking worse. So my goal is definitely to stop picking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also started praying every night it will clear so hopefully that will help too. hehe

almost week 12 82nd day....

Had my derm appt today and he said we'll probably need to do 6 months. Grrr. And my dose is being increased to 60 mg this month (start of 4th month) Hopefully with the higher dose I'll start to clear. It's taking forEVER!