Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sk2

severe dryness

I just started the regimen on monday night and I think so far it is working well. I expected redness and irritation, but I have gotten so dry that it hurts to even open my mouth and eat regular food. I moisturize twice a day, right after the BP, and even apply some during the day because it helps for a few minutes. I ordered some jojoba oil from DK and that will come in within a few days, and I am hoping that will work.

Right now my skin is at the point of how skin looks after a sunburn. The skin around my mouth area is somewhat peeling and it still hurts. This morning I did not apply the BP to my mouth area because I think that is the the cause of the dryness. My question is this - is it the BP that makes you dry or the cleanser? I am planning to use BP only once every 24 hrs at night, and in the mornings just cleanse and moisturize, until the jojoba oil comes in.

Does anyone else have this severe dryness when they started the regimen? Did jojoba oil help keep the skin normal and not dry, even when doing the regimen twice a day?

Thanks for future replies :)

what cleanser and BP you're using .? the percentage of your BP is too high? are you using the 2.5% Bp . if it dry out your skin around your mouth area then try to apply less amount there . i have the same problem like yours, but it is around my eyes and it hurts even more ,but after a couple of days my skin is getting use to it now i apply more then i usually do ...just follow the regimen and best of luck ..

I had flakiness and dryness up until about 7 weeks in the regimen, its finally starting to not peel burn at all. The dryness is just a phase you have to work through, your skin will eventually acclimate.

I see you state that you apply moisturizer right after you apply BP. You're supposed to wait 10 minutes so the BP can absorb. If you don't, the moisturizer is practically useless and will just mix.

I do wait until the BP dries until I apply the moisturizer.

I use DK's clenser, BP, and moisturize and only his products.

7 weeks of peeling skin, ouch =/

Im in my second month of the Regimen and I had really flaky skin in some periods. It hurt when making certain "moves with my face"(dont know how else to explain it). Again, it was very flaky at this time as well. Anyways, the part of where it hurt went away eventually, but I kept having flaky skin untill I received my Acne.org AHA and Jojoba oil and now I now I basically dont have a single flake. Before, I had to apply much mousturizer and still after maybe 4-5 hours of my day, the flakes would break through the layer of mousturizer and I'd get comments on it. Some small kids even asked if I had sand in my face. Haha!

Anyways, this is the regimen that is keeping me free of flaky skin right now:

Morning

1. Dan's Cleanser

2. Dan's BP

3. Dan's mousturizer with 2 drops of Dan's Jojoba Oil.

Night

1. Dan's Cleanser

2. Dan's BP

3. Dan's AHA(using a "line of cream" on the lenght of a finger.)

(in other words, I love you Dan)

I hope this will help you.

Ty Benhi that is what I wanted to know. I already ordered the jojoba oil and picked priority shipping, so I should get it something in the midweek. I hoped that when I used it on my face, it would not look so bad with the peeling.

But I also do wonder, would the AHA not dry your skin out more?

I don't know whether AHA dries out my skin more or not, but I know that this combination works for me. Anyways, good luck.