Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

Bad FRaxel Re:pair review

I was searching reviews for fraxel and i came across a verry bad review on Re:pair. This girl even has pics up of evidence. Poor lady

What do you guys think? What went wrong? Is it still worth the risk? From her pics it looks like she had okay skin color to go with treatment i dunno what went wrong?

http://www.realself.com/review/fraxel-laser-horrible

"I had the fraxel repair 3 months ago. It scarred me, caused dramatic pigment issues, and I could not leave the house for 2 months without people's stares.

My settings were normal, the doctor qualified. It is getting better - people don't do double takes anymore,my ruined the color and texture of my skin. To top it all off, the fraxel repair had little effect if any on wrinkles -the reason i went in the first place.

I highly suggest no one do this.

Updated on Aug 11, 2008:

Please see picture below This is almost a month after the fraxel, The promotion is risk free, no pigment risks, etc. I have pictures reflecting scarring, pigment loss, rough skin, hyper pigmentation. People ask if the doctor was to blame, but the settings were normal and fraxel staff was present throughout the entire procedure.

Do not expect changes for the better."

All my scars are related to a laser treatment gone bad, a promise that it would cure my acne only after 3 sessions. If you search this board you will find several members documenting severe skin damage from lasers.

I was searching reviews for fraxel and i came across a verry bad review on Re:pair. This girl even has pics up of evidence. Poor lady

What do you guys think? What went wrong? Is it still worth the risk? From her pics it looks like she had okay skin color to go with treatment i dunno what went wrong?

http://www.realself.com/review/fraxel-laser-horrible

"I had the fraxel repair 3 months ago. It scarred me, caused dramatic pigment issues, and I could not leave the house for 2 months without people's stares.

While this is a very bad experience (the photo is only 4 weeks post fraxel and 3 months later she say she is not as bad ) the RATINGS show 83% THUMBS UP from other Fraxel Repair patients and this includes HER Thumbs DOWN vote factored in. Over all the Fraxel repair is getting spectacular reviews and blows the old fraxel restore out of the water (Restore only gets a 50% thumbs up on the site and expectations are much lower then the Repair) There is NO treatment that is risk FREE

it looks like she has some blistering which is a DISASTER and even Restore and every other type of laser has the potential of causing blisters. I hope she heals well over the next few months

and EVERY ONE thinking of ANY treatment should Always way in the RISKS Envolved

I saw that also. I've read mostly good stuff about Fraxel, but occasional you come across something like what happened to that woman. I guess it comes down to whether or not you are willing to risk something bad happening in order to obtain improvement. I think, from what I've read, Fraxel is safe. But there are risks.

Minimize your risk by only getting the effected area treated, most offices will try to sell you a full face when there is absolutely no need. Get your scars treated only even if its only 2 ice picks, don't let any type of laser anywhere near good healthy skin.

While this is a very bad experience (the photo is only 4 weeks post fraxel and 3 months later she say she is not as bad ) the RATINGS show 83% THUMBS UP from other Fraxel Repair patients and this includes HER Thumbs DOWN vote factored in. Over all the Fraxel repair is getting spectacular reviews and blows the old fraxel restore out of the water (Restore only gets a 50% thumbs up on the site and expectations are much lower then the Repair) There is NO treatment that is risk FREE

it looks like she has some blistering which is a DISASTER and even Restore and every other type of laser has the potential of causing blisters. I hope she heals well over the next few months

and EVERY ONE thinking of ANY treatment should Always way in the RISKS Envolved

The problem with the rating for Fraxel Re:pair is that there's only been 11 reviews. Fraxel Re:store has a little over 130 reviews so it gives a better representative rating. We'd have to wait for a couple dozen more reviews for the Re:Pair before we can use the rating as a measure. I'm speculating though that the % won't drop nearly as much, but I'll just wait and see how it turns out. I'm just hoping there would be more good reviews because I'm almost done saving up for a Re:Pair procedure.

guys take a look again, it lookes like she added more pictures, what concernes me is the week 8 picture, WHAT IS THAT, she went from wrinkles to what looks like a PIT

you know what. her photos - she never showed the right side of the face BEFORE the procedure - who knows how that pit formed, maybe it was there before. I'd be more concerned about the redness 8 weeks in.

also, her update/post is 3 months + 1 month after her treatment but she post pictures from her initial stages + 1 that is 8 weeks in. I would like a CURRENT pic. one dated 11 august - which is when she last updated.

I'm not saying she's lying. It'd be awful for your face to get f***ed up..etc but it seems like one unfortunate case. Her skin on day 6 wasn't even as burnt/damaged as mine was.

She could have easily done something, used a wrong product, smoked, ate bad food..etc