Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

--

.It wouldn't damage, as you can buy rubbing alcohol. It would probably just cause you to break out pretty badly. Alcohol is one of the worst things for acne prone skin.

Alcohols can cause/worsen hyperpigmentation (red marks, brown marks) if you have a darker skin type (asian, hispanic, black)

hmm can they make your skin more prone to scarring...i ALWAYS use to use alcohol sawbs as a means to clean my face well i was travelling sad.gif

well the reason i was asking this question really was not because i wanted to smear rubbing alcohol or vodka accross my face... its more because i have a prescription bottle of clindamycin in an alcohol solution. A family member has actually been prescribing this stuff for my entire family for a long time now. I used it over the summer morning and night with just 10 percent bp at night, no moisturizer no nothing. this is when my skin was at its best, i actually remember getting 2 huge inflamed whiteheads on my cheek and being really pissed off about it because my skin was practically flawless for a few months before this. It took like 3 weeks for the marks to become relatively unnoticable. When i got to school for some reason i started getting more of these types of pimples so i started on the regimen and ditched the clindamycin. Recently ive been trying to tweak what i've been using to find the perfect combination of products for my face. I still have the clindamycin and ive been reading about benzaclin or whatever its called and hwo the combination of the two is supposed to be better than using either alone. Should i use or not? Actually maybe i should post this under prescription acne medications as well...