Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lexii

should i keep buying the acne.org regimen?

so, this is my fifth or sixth week on the DKR. at first i only bought the travel size BP and moisturizer (but the large size in the face wash) and as of now i'm running low on both products. after six weeks my skin is in worse condition than ever before. i started using dan's products in order to clear my light to moderate acne, but instead i've gained moderate to severe acne (which is totally sucking at the moment, haha). i want to keep going and buy more BP and moisturizer, but i'm afraid to shell out more money (poor college student here) just to gain more acne. do y'all think the regimen is working for me and i should buy the larger sizes of BP and moisturizer, or do y'all think i'm having negative side affects due to the BP? (although i used to use zapzyt 10% gel and it worked just fine). hmm, i'm confused :confused: .

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I just received everything I ordered and was about to begin the DKR but now my acne is very minimal with just lots of red marks. So I am a little worried about starting something and then seeing it get worse.

Couple questions for ya. Did you start by using a very small amount of BP and then gradually increase it. Just be sure to be as precise as possible when following the regimen in accordance to how Dan has it laid out in the videos. I have heard and read that when not following that exactly as he says then you may run into problems.

I wish you lots of luck and hope everything clears up soon for ya.

were you using another product to help your acne before you began the dkr? because i think this explains why people sometimes think their acne becomes worse once using bp, its actually because whatever product they were using before was helping keep acne at bay, then when they stop their acne returns to its natural state, but they havent been using the bp long enough for it to help stop that acne yet. so instead of bp making your skin worse, this is just how your skin naturally is.

if this isnt the case, could you outline your routine? because your skin shouldnt be worse six weeks in on the dkr. what cleansers /moisturisers etc are you using? are you using the full amount of bp? and an aha? what severity would you say it was now?

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I just received everything I ordered and was about to begin the DKR but now my acne is very minimal with just lots of red marks. So I am a little worried about starting something and then seeing it get worse.

Couple questions for ya. Did you start by using a very small amount of BP and then gradually increase it. Just be sure to be as precise as possible when following the regimen in accordance to how Dan has it laid out in the videos. I have heard and read that when not following that exactly as he says then you may run into problems.

I wish you lots of luck and hope everything clears up soon for ya.

well i'm a perfectionist, so i've watched all the videos and read everything dan (and others) had to say about the routine. so i did start with a little amout of BP and kept increasing it, and i spend about 15-20 minutes doing the routine each morning and night. i may not have increased it has much as he said in the amount of time he said do increase it, cause my skin was already flaking and itiching on a small amount. when i did finally increase it, my acne got better (this was week four), but a couple days after, it gradually returned to moderate/severe acne. i like what howling bells said below me though. i hope i didn't discourage you, because i know this has worked for many, many people. so please don't stop using it because of my complaining, haha. good luck to you too!

Six weeks is a month and a half, and I know that the advice is three months. If it has been getting progressively worse, though, I'd just keep at it until the end of your products and if you don't see any clearing up, perhaps try something that is not so reliant on BP. Some people's skin just doesn't do well with BP, there is no shame in that!

were you using another product to help your acne before you began the dkr? because i think this explains why people sometimes think their acne becomes worse once using bp, its actually because whatever product they were using before was helping keep acne at bay, then when they stop their acne returns to its natural state, but they havent been using the bp long enough for it to help stop that acne yet. so instead of bp making your skin worse, this is just how your skin naturally is.

if this isnt the case, could you outline your routine? because your skin shouldnt be worse six weeks in on the dkr. what cleansers /moisturisers etc are you using? are you using the full amount of bp? and an aha? what severity would you say it was now?

well, over the span of 5 years, i've used many products to help my light to moderate acne. the most recent one i was on was, AHA face wash, zapzyt 10% BP gel, AHA lotion, and occassionally an aspirin mask and neutrogena stress free scrub. on that routine, my skin was just in between light to moderate. my skin has never been this bad before, but that could be because i've never once (in 5 years) not been on some kind of routine. so, i'm pretty sure you're right. my routine right now is dan's face wash, dan's BP, and dan's lotion. i wash my face twice a day for less than ten seconds and i've never missed a day or a step. i've quit drinking soda and i use mineral makeup (which is said should not cause breakouts). so who knows. i will buy some more because i don't wanna quit this far into it. anyways, thank you for your help and making sense of all this :]

I would give it another 6 weeks, but that's me. Your last regimen was controlling your acne to a point, but when you start DKR it takes some time before the large amounts of 2.5% BP kick in & start preventing new breakouts. Before you were using a stronger BP, but probably a thin layer (right?).

Are you using an AHA moisturizer? It seems you had some success with your last regimen in using BP + AHA. AHA is definitely conducive to DKR, and right about now is a good time to introduce it. Try it once a day and use Dan's the other time of day.

Do you have any of your last AHA moisturizer left? What kind was it? You may be able to use that one.

If the travel kit has lasted you 6 weeks, maybe buy one more for the next 6 weeks, then if you decide to move onto something else, you won't be stuck with the large sizes. If it works out, then you can order more.

BTW, it is not uncommon for people starting DKR to require several months to clear up. I saw no improvement for the first 3 months, and was not clear until the 4th month. After that my skin rapidly got clearer.