Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joshuagor44

Whitehead on the verge of exploding

I have a bad history of popping my whiteheads, so I'm going crazy trying to leave this one alone. Do I have to pop it to get rid of it? It's really big and dry at this point. I read about puncturing whiteheads with a needle and clearing the pus out. Should I try that? If I leave it alone I don't understand where all this pus will go... It'll probably take forever for it to go away.

I have a bad history of popping my whiteheads, so I'm going crazy trying to leave this one alone. Do I have to pop it to get rid of it? It's really big and dry at this point. I read about puncturing whiteheads with a needle and clearing the pus out. Should I try that? If I leave it alone I don't understand where all this pus will go... It'll probably take forever for it to go away.

I don't know if it's alright but I always pop it with a needle and clear it out. Make sure you do it very surgically, making sure no clear liquid, blood, or especially white solid substance gets on any other part of your skin. You can use a shred of tissue to keep it from getting out of hand, and then go ahead and spot treat. I've never actually tried icing or anything before though, so lets see what other people say.

You could try soaking a tea bag in warm/hot water and then pressing it gently onto the whitehead for a few minutes. I've found that doing that helps to draw the nastiness out.

Let's face it, it's hard to leave something like that alone! Be gentle and do not squeeze hard, like others say, but if you can extract the whitehead with minimal pressure, go for it.

Just pop it with a needle. Sterilze it with a flame first though. Face it whiteheads are the nastiest part of acne. I''ve been doing that for years and my face isn't scarred. There is a thing called microdermabrasion that you can get when your acne subsides that will take away most of the scarring.