Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ewok

Spiro and periods

Hi everyone!

I've been on spiro a month now and it seems to have stopped my period. Prior to taking spiro i have been very regular, so this is a little worrisome. I'm not on any birth control and i'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and whether or not this is some sort of adjustment phase.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of input!

hi,

I have been on spiro for about a year now. At first mine stopped as well. they did begin again, but have been VERY light most months and without being too graphic quite dark. Occasionally, (every 3-4 months) I have a slightly heavier more normal period. i have spoke to my derm and gyno and they have both said it is an effect of the medicine but they are not concerned that it will do any harm.

That said. If you have any concerns I would encourage you to talk to your doctors. Though this can be a sensitive subject it is an important one. Especially when dealing with hormonal medications.

Also, I wasn't sure the spiro was going to work fo rme after the first couple of months. It didn't look like I was getting results. After a couple of dosage increases I am EXTATIC to tell you that I am 100% clear. My scars and marks are healing nicely and I get comments weekely about what beautiful skin I have now. (It's about time! I've had severe acne for 17 years!) I hope it works out for you as well.

Stay positive! It's all worth it in the end!

Good Luck!

I just realized... My regime has fallen off quite a bit. i no longer use mimyx, differin or nicomide

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm relieved to hear that i'm not the only one experiencing this.