Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethany Weldridge

HELP! flaky skin; exfoliate?

I have been on the Regimen for a few months and am really thrilled. I had tried so many products, including a "natural approach" and it only got worse. Within a few days I had immense improvement and now I am clear almost all the time. My biggest challenge is with this flaky stuff that I have every day. It looks pretty bad, and I think sometimes it is the benzohl peroxide but is also dry skin. At first I didn't exfoliate it because Dan says it will aggravate the acne, but it got really bad. So, I exfoliate once a week, but it isn't enough to get the dry skin off. I hope someone knows something about this and can help.

Sometimes, I can control the flakiness by putting another layer of benzohl peroxide or moisturizer on ofter the first layer dries, but within a few hours, it is usually terrible looking again. Because of this, I can rub my face a little, and I snow little bits of the Regimen all over. I cannot wear any foundation or pressed powder over the Regimen or it looks even worse.

What can I do?!

well definitely try the jojoba because first off you need to stop how dry your skin is getting, a little flakey is normal on the regimen but after the first few months you should easily be able to wear make up. a few drops of jojoba should be enough to rehydrate your skin so hopefully it wont get so flakey but the way bp works is to peel skin to an extent so you will probably need to exfoliate on top of this as well.

most people on the regimen use an aha to exfoliate as its very gentle and works wonders to get rid of the flakes, so id recommend introducing one of them once a day. in the mean time though you may want to exfoliate off the flakes you already have for a week or so more, until the other stuff kicks in, my fav gentle way to exfoliate is cool as kim deals method of rubbing jojoba on your face and massaging the flakes off.

hope this helps, good luck

I have been on the Regimen for a few months and am really thrilled. I had tried so many products, including a "natural approach" and it only got worse. Within a few days I had immense improvement and now I am clear almost all the time. My biggest challenge is with this flaky stuff that I have every day. It looks pretty bad, and I think sometimes it is the benzohl peroxide but is also dry skin. At first I didn't exfoliate it because Dan says it will aggravate the acne, but it got really bad. So, I exfoliate once a week, but it isn't enough to get the dry skin off. I hope someone knows something about this and can help.

Sometimes, I can control the flakiness by putting another layer of benzohl peroxide or moisturizer on ofter the first layer dries, but within a few hours, it is usually terrible looking again. Because of this, I can rub my face a little, and I snow little bits of the Regimen all over. I cannot wear any foundation or pressed powder over the Regimen or it looks even worse.

What can I do?!

What is AHA? I have never heard of it.