Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{DC}

What face wash to use with Retinoids?

I have been using Differin for about 10 weeks now.

I have been cleaning with Cetaphil Gentle Fash Wash everyday. After I have cleansed and rinse it off when I look in the mirror there is still white bits(not major flaking) but still dead skin that looks like it needs to be rubbed off. Sometimes I gently rub this skin off and frsh skin is underneath.

I was thinking of using an AHA fash wash maybe to rectify this.

What do you guys use to cleanse your skin with when your on retinoids?

And do you get that build up of dry skin that doesnt seem to quite come off after using a gentle cleanser??

I have used the soap free cleanser that comes with Duac, but it burned a lot.

Then I used Aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser for a while... but it still kind of burned.

Last week I started using Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream and I must say that I am VERY impressed so far. I use Retin-A micro and I have a noticed a decrease in flaking (and trust me I have a lot too!) and redness. This stuff is so gental, but it really deep cleans. Plus, it doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, or any other harsh chemicals. It makes your face feel really cool while your cleansing, and smells like citrus. I love it! I don't know how easily you can find it where you live, because this is made in NC and I live in NC. I found it at my local walgreens. Hope this helps!

thankyou very much for your response steffie :)

I have heard of Burts Bees before...but I dont think they sell it here in Australia.

I have done some more research to see if I could find what others on the internet are using when on retinoid therapy. Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cleanser is supposed to very good. Some girl who also uses differin for acne says this cleanser gets rid of the flakey skin and doesnt over dry or irritate her skin. She said she was surprised since her skin was more delicate due to the differin usage.

I may try some of this stuff. Bit pricey though at 30.00.

We will see.

i GENTLY rub a dry washcloth across my face before i wash it. i have been doing it about a week (upgraded to RAM .1% and started peeling again) and it is working for me. the johnsons baby wash is working well for me too cause it isnt drying out my face. i hate when my face feels all tight after washing it!!!

I would not suggest using an AHA cleanser while on retinoids. You had the right idea by using something gentle. Try Purpose if you are unhappy with the cetaphil.

Good luck!