Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here goes nothing...

I hate my life because of my acne. I am butt ugly and I am sorry but I just can't accept that. I am through with people telling me I have to be strong and it will go away. Well that might work if I didn't start crying every time I look in the mirror. I hate the fact that I miss out on fun things, that I can't look people in the eye, that I cant take pictures. Its not fair. I never did anything wrong so why do I have to suffer. I hate my parents because they are the ones who gave me this terrible skin. They should've thought before having children. I know for a fact that I am not going to put another human through this crap. I hate the fact that I am supposed to be going to NYC tomorrow with my two best friends for my 16th birthday and I am begging my mom not to go. I hate that my mom keeps telling me I have to see a psychiatrist because of the way I am acting. They won't help unless they can change my face. I hate how my friends are perfect. I hate how they say they have bad skin when they only have one zit. What do they think of me then?? I hate how I can't go in dressing rooms because I come out crying. I hate how I will never have a boyfriend or get asked to prom because what boy would want to look at my face. I hate that the only place I can express my feelings is on a stupid website because my parents don't want to hear it and my friends would think i'm nuts. I hate that as good as this feels to vent, when i get off the computer I will still have acne.

Here goes nothing...

I hate my life because of my acne. I am butt ugly and I am sorry but I just can't accept that. I am through with people telling me I have to be strong and it will go away. Well that might work if I didn't start crying every time I look in the mirror. I hate the fact that I miss out on fun things, that I can't look people in the eye, that I cant take pictures. Its not fair. I never did anything wrong so why do I have to suffer. I hate my parents because they are the ones who gave me this terrible skin. They should've thought before having children. I know for a fact that I am not going to put another human through this crap. I hate the fact that I am supposed to be going to NYC tomorrow with my two best friends for my 16th birthday and I am begging my mom not to go. I hate that my mom keeps telling me I have to see a psychiatrist because of the way I am acting. They won't help unless they can change my face. I hate how my friends are perfect. I hate how they say they have bad skin when they only have one zit. What do they think of me then?? I hate how I can't go in dressing rooms because I come out crying. I hate how I will never have a boyfriend or get asked to prom because what boy would want to look at my face. I hate that the only place I can express my feelings is on a stupid website because my parents don't want to hear it and my friends would think i'm nuts. I hate that as good as this feels to vent, when i get off the computer I will still have acne.

Try accutane yet?

Guest missyjean130

I hate my life due to the absence of an xbox 360 and gameboy advance DS in my room.

You can't blame your parents...that's not right. They wanted children, they didn't know you would also get acne.

Some days I feel like crap and nothing can make me happy. I am trying to LEARN to be happy though.Someone once told me that happiness is a CHOICE...and at the time I thought she was nuts!

It's true though! You can choose to let acne ruin your life and make you feel miserable, or you can choose to be happy whilst having acne. I'm trying to change into the second option.

I don't know what kind of acne you have and I am not pretending to know exactly how you feel, but I can say that I empathise with you and that I hope you feel better soon and I guess say that you're entitled to feel the way you want to even if your parents, friends, family think you're being irrational and crazy about it. Venting is healthy and you should continue to do it. Acne can severly impact someones life, making them feel abnormal, ugly, and worthless, and you /nor anyone else should have to go through it but it's just the way life is. In the same way some people are born with deformities, develop leukimia at the age of 9, lose a parent, have depression, acne is one more shitty thing life has to offer. Even though most people think acne is not the worst thing that can happen, its emotional toll on you is massive so you have the right to vent and feel the way you are feeling. I really hope you can cure your acne one day, and even if you don't, find confidence within yourself somehow and make the best out of your situation.

just hang in there, we all go thru good and bad days. just keep in mind that u'll still have your friends and family and everyone, acne or not. your friends know its not your fault you have acne, and they still accept you for it. get some accutane maybe, trust me it does get better..

Here goes nothing...

Hello there,

I have to say that I do empathize with you and i'm sure many other people do as well who are on this site because of some type of acne issue, however, getting angry at the issue can make the issue worse. And believe me, I suffer from acne as an adult and it's hard taking kids to school and the other parents looking at you as if your ill due to acne and the scars that they have left on my face. I too look at myself and wonder will it go away, and then I realize that YES!!, if it is possible to treat then it will go away. I was not born with acne therefore I know that there is something I can do to make it better and so can you. You have to be positive, stressing over the issue can only prolong your goal of clear skin. I have also let stress and frustration keep me from dealing with this issue and the issue has at some points dealt with me, however, I am now on the road of believing that I will not have acne much longer and I also believe that somehow, someway I will be clear of all the scars that were left behind. Physical scars and emotional scars. I have had some reallly terrible things said to me and about me because of my acne and I REFUSE to let those words or any other words dictate the way my life will go just because of something that could ultimately be healed. I hope you find some encouragement in this response and please don't let this deal with you, make sure you deal with it.

First off, chill a bit, the only reason your acne is such a big deal is because your making it that, i can tell you now, i have on and off severe acne, it makes me feel pretty bad sometimes but i dont let it destroy me, because at the end of the day personality seems to go a long way in comparion to what you look like. Yeah its horrible to have but, it doesnt need to stop u going out having fun, pulling girls, gettin pissed. And imagine after this, how amazingly tough you are going to be, i believe we choose our own path, and the shit we go through, purely for the fucking experience, lifes supposed to be difficult at our age, ask anyone older how shit there lives were at 16, IT WILL GET BETTER, your skin will clear, you'll be shagging loads of girls and it wnt be a problem. For the next year or so, just try not to think about it, because its not a disease that can stop u enjoying urself. ppl apprecaite charisma a hell of a lot more than looks, and if u become comfortable with ur acne, will be one charismatic bloke

Accutane does work for alot of people, and if you are comfertable with the side effects, then by god, go for it. If I had taken tane is HS it might have helped much more. I can't take tane now (too mild, no insurance, don't want to risk the side effects), but there are lots of treatments available! Do not give up - we're all in this together!