Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuzer

Olympic Athletes = Flawless skin?

With so much pressure to compete, these athletes seem to have really good skin! Has anyone else noticed the same? :dance:

a lot of them look like they have really good skin but all of the girls wear makeup, and the girls that compete in the water--ive seen some pimples on them. but I havent really noticed ANY body acne on any of them..weird.

Most athletes have good skin because they have genes that are physically well-adapted to the current environment. That's why they're athletes.

Well one of those chics on the usa gymnist teams skin did not look too good..I watched late last night, and she had like 4 small pimples, and a larger more inflammed looking one..she was also the one doing the worst... pressure I guess..the one whom was not originally apart of the top 3 or something of that matter.

I'm sure even the most acne prone person would be relatively clear with the lifestyle and physical activity an Olympic level athlete maintains. They probably eat perfectly balanced (or specialized) diets and are at the highest level of fitness.

Especially the Chinese! I just watched them win gold in gymnastics.... they have amazing skin... You would think with all the stress they would have at least a little bit of acne.

Especially the Chinese! I just watched them win gold in gymnastics.... they have amazing skin... You would think with all the stress they would have at least a little bit of acne.

And I think it's not a chance that the Asian diet is still considered the healthiest, even after the influence of fast foods; it is still the healthiest and asian countries remains the ones with the lowest level of overweight, diabetes and tumors. Their only pathological primacy is hypertension because of an excessive use of salt.

Hmmm yeah I bet if I went to China or Japan, it would be rare to see any acne. I thought I read about someone on acne.org going to one of those places and clearing up completely.... maybe we should all move to China hahaha............

Do we even see that many people who live in asian countries on this board? I mostly see Europeans, Americans, Canadians and Australians on here.

Hmmm yeah I bet if I went to China or Japan, it would be rare to see any acne. I thought I read about someone on acne.org going to one of those places and clearing up completely.... maybe we should all move to China hahaha............

You have also the opposite.

The Chinese and Japanese people moving to US and eventually becoming overweight, developing acne and an ugly skin and also diseases that are rare in their native country.

You have also the opposite.

The Chinese and Japanese people moving to US and eventually becoming overweight, developing acne and an ugly skin and also diseases that are rare in their native country.

I know! I notice that some asians who live here will either have really bad skin or flawless skin.... it's weird. I would guess it has something to do with dairy... it's not a part of their original diet.

I know! I notice that some asians who live here will either have really bad skin or flawless skin.... it's weird. I would guess it has something to do with dairy... it's not a part of their original diet.

I have a friend who lives in US and moved from Asia.

He is a young pianist but he cares about healthy eating which means (and he confirmed) that it usually taught as an important aspect of living in that culture. He said to me that fast food for asians is sushi.

His family eats fish almost everyday. Breakfast is usually soup. Veggies are abundant and dressed with various sauces. School meals are the typical bento (lunch boxes filled with veggies, rice, legumes and fish) Typical sweets are bars of sesame and honey. There is also space for fried foods, added sugar and noodles but all in all is 90% times better than anything we have traditionally in the west.

Right.....The chinese girls, look soooo damn young, at like 26 they look like 9 or 10..Their skin looks flawless, and the males as well..

The girl gymnist ,some look like young cute little china dolls, with smooth skin...no wrinkles..or pre age under the eye wrinles...!

It looks as if they are drinking out of a fountain of youth.

kudos , to their diets and healthy living..

I wish I was raised under a more healthy organic diet...and did not have to wait till my early twenties, to know that the benefits of an healthy/organic diet..was waaaaay better for my health and beauty, then a fast food diet..of processed foods..and polenty of bad sugars...

i.e ..the typical" american diet ".. :rolleyes:

a lot of them look like they have really good skin but all of the girls wear makeup, and the girls that compete in the water--ive seen some pimples on them. but I havent really noticed ANY body acne on any of them..weird.

Maybe the reason we never see it is because people with acne don't go to the olympics. If they have acne they are most likely to be insecure about it like all of us here are on this site and don't want to be on tv where the whole world see's what they are most insecure about. Even if you were gifted at a particular sport (like swimming/diving) would you persue it if you had acne/body acne?

...maybe that's the reason we aren't out there swimming. We're all too insecure!

Here's my theory:

in order to achieve the level of fitness that an Olympian has, you have to have a good diet, good digestion, and hormonal balance, or else you might never reach your true potential.

So, anybody who has Olympian fitness must have good digestion, and good digestion usually means good skin.

Edit: Then again, there's Michael Phelps, who eats 2000 calories worth of energy drinks every day, along with three chocolate pancakes with breakfast...

Right.....The chinese girls, look soooo damn young, at like 26 they look like 9 or 10..Their skin looks flawless, and the males as well..

The girl gymnist ,some look like young cute little china dolls, with smooth skin...no wrinkles..or pre age under the eye wrinles...!

The female gymnasts are that damn young. You are washed up in that field before 20. I don't think they should legitimately call it women's gymnastics.

With so much pressure to compete, these athletes seem to have really good skin! Has anyone else noticed the same? :dance:

No I notice that you need to get your eyes checked.

Most of the girls for many sports got mad acne. HD TV FTW!

Almost all the swimmers got bad brown spot issues from all the swimming outside they did or still do.

The boxers have mad bacne, same with the wrestlers.

The gymnasts are somewhat clear although I saw one girl with severe acne for the US team.

Well made physical activity is a fountain of youth.

The other day I saw at a show a 17 year old teengers close to a 39 year old rock climbers.

The teenager looked old and the climber looked as the teenager of the two.

The female gymnasts are that damn young. You are washed up in that field before 20. I don't think they should legitimately call it women's gymnastics.

By woman it is often meant female rather than a specific age.

Most diminutive words like kid or even girl tend to be either friendly or either discriminative as an inferiority label. So where I live little girls are often called women in specific circumstances like they don't say girls bath in schools but women bath, women clothes even when talking about jeans for a 9 year old or when with other females "we women". Young girls rarely identify themselves as girls but as women and for the record practically never identify themselves as kids. So even a competition for only 12 to 14 year old females should still be called "women gymnastic" and not "girl gymnastic". Besides at that age they're fully women not girls. In fact that's the age at which most cultures celebrate the now fully grown male or female.

I wish I was raised under a more healthy organic diet...and did not have to wait till my early twenties, to know that the benefits of an healthy/organic diet..was waaaaay better for my health and beauty, then a fast food diet..of processed foods..and polenty of bad sugars...

thats because the chinese gymnasts are like 12 years old

the chinese make them fake birth cirtificates so that they can compete

Well made physical activity is a fountain of youth.

The other day I saw at a show a 17 year old teengers close to a 39 year old rock climbers.

The teenager looked old and the climber looked as the teenager of the two.

That is freaky!! :surprised:

I hope I won't age that way. lol

thats because the chinese gymnasts are like 12 years old

the chinese make them fake birth cirtificates so that they can compete

And the Chinese singers lip sync like earlier today with better but far uglier singers in the background FTW! :D

Michael Phelps is 23 or something right? He looks way older than me! Way older! The difference is really big! I look like a little kid and im 22. Just take a look at my pictures! He may have a more matured body, but I definately look healthier and younger. Just because these people are in the olympics and train really hard does not mean they are healthy! I can run up mountains and stay up for hours.. I wonder if Michael Phelps can do that? Anyways the athletes might have stronger bodies.. might look bigger.. might be stronger.. might have alot of things.. but are they really healthy inside? Some of them probably are if they eat good food.. but alot of them eat no better than the standard american..I am sure alot of them are malnourished even if there blood tests do come back positive because there basing that on standards that the government has set.

Although we should never compare ourselves to anyone else! Yet if you look at me who is at the age of 22 I do not even come close to looking like most people my age! It is not because im lucky or my genetics.. it is just because I have chose to eat healthy foods and do not overeat!

Most of the people of okinawa eat about 1500 calories a day and when there 100 look like young 70 or 80 year olds.. Sure they might not be as healthy as some others who eat a ton of fruit and veggies.. but still they are remarkable!

Not to mention all that high intensity training on the body can wear you out!!