Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bstanley

Aquaphor useful as a moisturizer?

Hello,

I'm just starting my second week of Accutane. So far, there have been minimal side effects, so that's good, but I've had an initial breakout and my face is very dry. Some of the skin is peeling and my face is pretty itchy. (My skin is usually pretty oily.) I guess I need some advice on a moisturizer. I have tried Aveeno Ultra Calming and Dan's moisturizer, but I don't think they are optimal. I have Aquaphor, and I was wondering if I could use it as a moisturizer on my whole face. It's not something I would normally put on my face (as it seems a bit.. well, greasy), but would it be ok? Do you think it would just aggravate the acne? Eucerin says that it's non-comodegenic, but I'm not sure if that means that much...

Thanks for any information.

Ben

No I would definitely use it as a moisturizer, but only at night because it is so greasy. During the day I would use something like a cream. I use Cerave cream and it works well for during the day and the aquaphor works well at night to smooth everything out.

i personally wouldn't do it. it's way too thick and hard to wash off. what exactly is the problem with the other moisturizers you've used? i use olay complete spf 15 and i like it a lot.

I'm using Cerave, and I really like it. It's heavy enough to nourish the skin, but it sinks in completely and leaves a nice matte finish - no grease or oil residue. Aquaphor seems a little greasy in comparison.

For that matter, I start tane now and I was wondering what the difference is between aquaphor and standard vasaline? Cause the one is 13 bucks and the other is only 3, but they both list petroleum jelly as the only active ingredient.

Ideas?

For that matter, I start tane now and I was wondering what the difference is between aquaphor and standard vasaline? Cause the one is 13 bucks and the other is only 3, but they both list petroleum jelly as the only active ingredient.

Ideas?

get the CVS brand of aquaphor, i've used both and it is very similar.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_pro...&navCount=3

Where do you guys purchase the cerave lotion? Ive been seeing how good that lotion is a lot on here.

I totally recommend using Aquaphor as a nighttime moisturizer--when I was on Accutane, my skin got so dull-looking and impossibly dry and flaky during the day, even when I put on heavy night cream (like Aveeno night cream) and good moisturizer in the morning. But then I tried slathering Aquaphor at night and my skin was TONS better. Glowy, soft, smooth, much more radiant, and way more moisturized. It didn't clog pores either, totally awesome.

i just put some on the inner sides of my nose. it actually works really good. im not sure about putting it all over your face but it'd be better as a spot treatment type thing. you think it can have any interference with the tane?

I had to stop using the CeraVe cleanser because I had a severe allergic reaction and had to stop using any new products that were introduced when I started using accutane. It wasn't from the accutane because I had stopped taking the medicine because of the headaches (as per my derm) so that they would stop and had the allergic reaction while not popping any accutane pills (hope I made some sense there).