Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm definitely going to stop by whole foods this afternoon to pick up some Braggs ACV. Right now, I'm drinking 2 Tsp. in the morning and 2 Tsp. at night with some water - I'm using a straw and I'll probably rinse my mouth immediately after drinking it, just in case. Hopefully, this works. ACV seems to have so many other health 'remedies' - I guess its worth a shot!

As for the B5, I've been reading the message boards all day, and initially, I was convinced that it was a 'miracle' cure, but as I researched more and more, it seems less promising. Yeah, the side effects don't seem that serious, but I'm contemplating whether its worth it. I guess I haven't read too many success stories from credible users (ie people who have logs, blogs, and pictures) - I'm not trying to discredit those who have experienced positive results - I just need more evidence of its effectiveness. I may just purchase the pills and take the normal recommended dosage (1 or 2 pills) on a daily basis - if it doesn't improve my acne, at least I'll be healthy! I don't feel comfortable taking 20 pills in one day hah. I'll probably take this in conjunction with some B-Complex, and Fish Oil.

Let me know how your regimen works! Maybe I'll stack!

How is the B5 and ACV Treatment going? I started doing the apple cider vinegar thing yesterday. I read reviews and it seems to be worth a shot, especially because it is all natural and cheap! Anyways, I'm drinking it in the morning and night with some apple juice / V8 juice. And I'm also using it as a topical in the morning and night. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

The treatment is going alright but nothing spectacular. Some have said it takes 2-3 months to work properly. I have seen some improvements. But for it to work properly you MUST use the organic, raw and unfiltered ACV. I had to buy it off Bragg's site because I couldn't find it in stores. If you're just using regular ACV it won't work because it's not strong enough. You should really try stacking it with B5 and see how it goes. A lot of people are claiming it works wonders so maybe you could be one of them.

I'm definitely going to stop by whole foods this afternoon to pick up some Braggs ACV. Right now, I'm drinking 2 Tsp. in the morning and 2 Tsp. at night with some water - I'm using a straw and I'll probably rinse my mouth immediately after drinking it, just in case. Hopefully, this works. ACV seems to have so many other health 'remedies' - I guess its worth a shot!

As for the B5, I've been reading the message boards all day, and initially, I was convinced that it was a 'miracle' cure, but as I researched more and more, it seems less promising. Yeah, the side effects don't seem that serious, but I'm contemplating whether its worth it. I guess I haven't read too many success stories from credible users (ie people who have logs, blogs, and pictures) - I'm not trying to discredit those who have experienced positive results - I just need more evidence of its effectiveness. I may just purchase the pills and take the normal recommended dosage (1 or 2 pills) on a daily basis - if it doesn't improve my acne, at least I'll be healthy! I don't feel comfortable taking 20 pills in one day hah. I'll probably take this in conjunction with some B-Complex, and Fish Oil.

Braggs ACV is definitely the healthiest. It does have a lot of other positive side effects besides clear skin. I take 3 tablespoons a day and just drink it straight; no water, no mixing. I've heard some people can't do it and mix it with a ton of apple juice.

I'm sure you're right about B5. IMO there is no 'miracle' for acne besides Accutane. Everything else, at best, just kind of keeps your acne at bay but won't eliminate it forever. Then again it may also depend on the person. Like I said I know people who swear by my stack and even have pictures to prove it. I use the powdered form and heard the pills are a waste. Basically I just went with exactly what other people I know did. So basically I do 3 tablespoons of ACV and 3 teaspoons of B5 followed by a large glass of water.

I really hope this works for you. But I'm convinced nothing will ever work for me. Every single thing that people have sworn by has never worked for me. Some things have worked temporarily but nothing has ever completely eliminated my acne and left me 100% clear. Man even just talking about this gets me so depressed. I can't believe I'm turning 27 and still dealing with this. It really is so tough to cope with. It started two weeks before I turned 21 and has been there ever since. It's so sad but I've never had a where I've been completely happen. It's really tough always being so miserable :(

Braggs ACV is definitely the healthiest. It does have a lot of other positive side effects besides clear skin. I take 3 tablespoons a day and just drink it straight; no water, no mixing. I've heard some people can't do it and mix it with a ton of apple juice.

I'm sure you're right about B5. IMO there is no 'miracle' for acne besides Accutane. Everything else, at best, just kind of keeps your acne at bay but won't eliminate it forever. Then again it may also depend on the person. Like I said I know people who swear by my stack and even have pictures to prove it. I use the powdered form and heard the pills are a waste. Basically I just went with exactly what other people I know did. So basically I do 3 tablespoons of ACV and 3 teaspoons of B5 followed by a large glass of water.

I really hope this works for you. But I'm convinced nothing will ever work for me. Every single thing that people have sworn by has never worked for me. Some things have worked temporarily but nothing has ever completely eliminated my acne and left me 100% clear. Man even just talking about this gets me so depressed. I can't believe I'm turning 27 and still dealing with this. It really is so tough to cope with. It started two weeks before I turned 21 and has been there ever since. It's so sad but I've never had a where I've been completely happen. It's really tough always being so miserable :(

Yeah man - I wish you the best of luck too. I know how miserable this whole thing can be. Even if I am 100% clear, I don't think I'll ever regain the confidence I once had. THe pimples I've been getting recently have left terrible scars and marks on my face. I had a huge cyst that left a bump in my nose. Several other cysts left ice pick scars on my face. The pimples I'm getting now leave hyperpigmented marks on my cheeks because I have dark skin. So even if the pimples went away, the marks left on my face are permanent :(. I've explored all types of scar removal treatments but none seem to be reliable, especially for people who have darker skin. I'm willing to dish out any amounts of money to restore my face - but unfortunately, the reliable technology doesn't exist at the moment. ::sigh::

King,

For some reason I'm having difficulty replying to your latest post- the website doesn't open up the entire thread.

But anyway, I totally know what you mean. This acne business is depressing the hell out of me. I don't have TERRIBLE acne, but with each tiny break out I have, my face gets worse and worse - each time, I get another hyperpigmented scar that will take forever to fade. That's why I'm trying my hardest to prevent any kind of break out. But nothing seems to be working - which sucks. I think about the person I was last year, and I'm totally different. I'm so lame nowadays! I just want to stay at home!

The ACV was going well for like 3 weeks, but now I'm getting tiny bumps on my cheeks, which may (or may not) turn into tiny cysts or white heads. Regardless, they are going to leave marks :(. I'm still drinking it in the morning and night, and now I'm applying a true 1:1 mixture on to my face - leaving it on for the rest of the day. Before, I used to rinse it, but now I just let the smell eminate from my face the entire day. I guess the only benefit with this treatment is that my face isn't dry, flakey and disgusting.

After my reaction to tetracyclines, I was adamantly against Accutane - as it is a last resort. But each day, I'm beginning to want accutane more and more. I want to stop the acne before it can cause any more damage, and then I want to concentrate on taking out the blemishes. unfortunately, none of the doctor's i've seen will prescribe it to me.

How is the B5 and ACV Treatment going? I started doing the apple cider vinegar thing yesterday. I read reviews and it seems to be worth a shot, especially because it is all natural and cheap! Anyways, I'm drinking it in the morning and night with some apple juice / V8 juice. And I'm also using it as a topical in the morning and night. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

If you are really going the B5 route you have to give it three months. I had a pretty bad IB and it took 3 months for my face to clear up.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will continue this for 90 days and see how it goes. It's odd because I know people who have noticed results within a week but I guess it all depends on the person.

haha your back! i quit dans reg too and i am on wexler products now as well as b5. Its annoying taking 20 pills a day but i seem to be improving. Then again i have only been on it a week.

Hey Eyes! It's great to see ya. I hope you're doing okay. Dan's regimen wasn't horrible; I did experience good results. But for the time it takes and the money it costs it just did not seem worth it. It kept me mostly clear but always having to worry about flakes and redness was just too stressful. It was a no win really. Your face would be pretty clear but now instead of worrying about acne you're worrying about redness and flakes. I'm still using his cleanser.

Hey King,

What is this B5 and ACV Regimen? Like you, I suffer from moderate adult acne and its making me crazy. My acne isn't terrible, but I'll get a few a week. I've tried all types of topical creams, but the dryness and flake are unbearable. I would get dark pigmentation along my neck and red rashes on my face - so I have given up on any type of intense regimen. Right now, I'm just using BP (sometimes) and cleansing my face.

I'm interested in this B5 and ACV regimen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It seems to be pretty rigorous, with some serious side effects. How is it working out? have you experienced anything serious?