Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

By the way, do you faces pores issue? i mean have large pores that are visible?

If so, you should notice remarkable results after a period with AHA..

I am using neutrogena AHA toner at the moment and it has been almost 3 weeks plus and i notice my pores are tightening.

Good luck to you pal!

hey pika, my pores aren't really that bad..once in a while they seem a little large but the for the most part they are okay..

DAY 34

Sorry for no real update. I just hate the way I look today, red marks are glaring and just got really down. I didn't even do the regimen this morning..

no no dont feel like that! cheer up! at least you have no active acne! continue on the reg you were doing so well!

yeah..no active acne is a good start. If you are quite sure that acne has been under controlled, you may wish to reduce more on BP and start using more AHA. Somehow i feel AHA is doing a great job in reducing pores as well as redness

red marks are temporary...

don feel down.

hey King -

I'm considering going to using AHA at night and BP during the day..have you experienced any new breakouts since going to this regimen alteration? I just still have some dryness and it's annoying me even though I'm 99% clear after almost 3 months...

hey pandora, glad to hear your 99% clear, that's awesome!

I didn't notice any breakouts while using Dan's AHA. I've tried both methods (AHA at night w/o BP & AHA at night w/ BP). Start by using a small amount of AHA and see how you react. The best way to start out is by making a thin line from the top of your finger to the bottom. Then you can gradually increase the amount. Hope this helps and good luck!

Sorry guys for the lack of daily updates but there just hasn't been much to report.

I quit the regimen about a little over a month ago. The time spent and the results I was getting just made it not worth it. Plus, I hated having to always worry about flakes and a red face. Right now I am still doing some type of regimen but not exactly Dan's. In the morning I just cleanse and nothing else. At night, I cleanse, use AHA, and then moisturize. I've been doing this for almost a month now. I haven't noticed any real difference from this regimen or from Dan's. I tried being optimistic going into this whole deal months ago but unfortunately I knew the truth that this would not work, nor would anything for that matter. I will continue for a few more weeks with this regimen and will update. I am still hoping for the best but I dunno, red marks have yet to fade and still get about a zit a week but no real breakouts.

Unfortunately I have nothing really to report. Still continuing the regimen I laid out in the last post. However, I am seeing no improvement. Still getting a little new acne here and there and red marks have not lightened. I'm thinking of just completely quitting everything and just going back to what I was doing months ago (just cleanse morning & night). Sadly I am just not getting any better. The bad thing about the AHA is my face seems to look a little greasy as well. I'd rather just stick with the cleanser. Of course I'll still have acne (probably have acne forever :() but at least I won't have to worry about flakes, red face, or greasiness.

hey king whyd you go?

i was reading your post and i hoped it would have a good ending. sorry it didnt work out for ya. how long were you on it?

hey king whyd you go?

i was reading your post and i hoped it would have a good ending. sorry it didnt work out for ya. how long were you on it?

Sorry for not coming around much but I've too depressed, really upset actually. At my age now this is just horrible. The regimen itself wasn't too bad. Kept my face under control but never kept it perfect. I tried AHA for months and never noticed the red marks fading.

I was on the regimen for a couple months. If you check my log you can see that it did work for the most part. My feelings are the regimen will definitely keep you under control but that's it. It basically keeps you from the major breakouts but does not prevent the small ones. The entire time on the regimen I never had one major breakout. However, it does not prevent those weekly spots. I still got those.

Here's the other problem. If the regimen would have worked perfectly I'd stay on it. But I just felt it was time to get off. It wasn't working perfectly and it took approx 30 mins morning and night. Also, I never knew if I was gonna flake or have a bright red face. On the other hand I knew my face would be under control in terms of acne.

So now that I'm off I'm exactly where I was before the regimen. Not looking good and really really depressed. I get even more depressed after I shave cause it's back to looking like crap! I dunno what to do. I can go back on the regimen I guess, I dunno..tonight is really one of the saddest nights..dunno why but I'm just big time down :(

I'm thinking about getting back on the regimen. I'm not sure what to do right now, I'm just really down about this crap! I feel like the regimen will again only be a short-term solution. I think I'd rather try to get a low dose of Accutane. I've always been hesitant to do this but at my age now I have nowhere else to turn. I can't keep allowing myself to get this depressed over this stuff; it's definitely taking its toll.

Hey everyone. Well I've been off the regimen for a while and since being off it's safe to say my face has gotten a little worse. The only thing is while on the regimen you never get 100% clear and the time spent, money and worrying about flaking and redness wasn't worth it to me.

While in the gym I ran into a few roid heads who told me their regimen. I've read about this before but they all claim to have great success with it. They do B5 and ACV. They take one TBSP in the morning of ACV. For the B5 they said to take approx 10g a day until you're clear. Then once clear maintain with about 3-5 or even less. I've read all the sides of B5 but at this point in my life I'm just trying to do something works.

I haven't bought any ACV yet as I'm trying to see how B5 works on its own. I'm starting rather low to see how my face reacts. So far in days 1 & 2 I've done about 2-3g/day. I think tomorrow I will up it a little more. I will track my progress here and let everyone know.

Just a quick update for everyone.

7 Days of B5.

No major improvement but also no major side effects. I was told the only way for this to work was stack it with ACV. I ordered it but haven't received it yet so instead of waiting I just started the B5 on its own. I should be receiving the ACV by Monday and then I can let everyone know how it works. Also, I am still using Acne.org cleanser (twice a day) and taking two fish oil caps with lunch. The B5 I take 3x a day totaling approximately 8g.

14 days of B5

4 days of B5 + ACV

I'm still cleansing with Dan's cleanser morning & night. I'm also taking two caps of fish oil with lunch. I'm noticing some improvement. No real breakouts this week. And also the old ones and red marks seem to fade quicker. I take one TBSP of ACV in the morning and one at night. I usually do the same for the B5. If you have oily skin this also seems to do the trick. This week will be very telling because I'll have more time now to assess the regimen. If I have a good week here then I'll be pretty optimistic but if things don't work out then I'm gonna be really disappointed and begin losing hope.

21 days of B5

11 days of B5 + ACV

As always I can NOT say I'm 100% clear and hate to say it but don't think I ever will be. From a few weeks before my 21st birthday until now (26 nearing 27) I've NEVER been 100% clear. I've tried everything. I must have the most stubborn, persistent acne there is. Anyway, I'd recommend this regimen. I personally know a lot of people who swear by it and their skin looks great.

I don't look horrible but I don't look great either. This regimen seems to help your complexion as well. Also, keep in mind I'm still cleansing morning & night with Dan's Acne.org cleanser. I'm gonna continue this until I run out of supplies and then assess everything from there. I know some people who have even cleared up within a week. I hope to have better news next week but I wouldn't count on it :(. I really can't believe I'm probably gonna be stuck with a horrible face for the rest of my life.

28 days of B5

18 days of B5 + ACV

As usual I'm about the same; no worse but no better. One thing this does is make your skin look really clear in the non-acne areas. It does even out your complexion as well. If somehow this would completely clear you then you'd look amazing. I would still recommend this to all of you. I got 3 other people on this regimen and they all look great. Some even noticed results in less than a week. Keep in mind I have the most stubborn, persistent acne on the planet so sometimes I'm a bad indicator as to how a particular regimen will work. I'm also still cleansing with Dan's Acne.org cleanser. I'm also now using it as shaving cream. I will still continue this regimen until I run out of supplies. If all else fails I may consider going back on Dan's regimen.

28 days of B5

18 days of B5 + ACV

As usual I'm about the same; no worse but no better. One thing this does is make your skin look really clear in the non-acne areas. It does even out your complexion as well. If somehow this would completely clear you then you'd look amazing. I would still recommend this to all of you. I got 3 other people on this regimen and they all look great. Some even noticed results in less than a week. Keep in mind I have the most stubborn, persistent acne on the planet so sometimes I'm a bad indicator as to how a particular regimen will work. I'm also still cleansing with Dan's Acne.org cleanser. I'm also now using it as shaving cream. I will still continue this regimen until I run out of supplies. If all else fails I may consider going back on Dan's regimen.

If you are really going the B5 route you have to give it three months. I had a pretty bad IB and it took 3 months for my face to clear up.

haha your back! i quit dans reg too and i am on wexler products now as well as b5. Its annoying taking 20 pills a day but i seem to be improving. Then again i have only been on it a week.

Hey King,

What is this B5 and ACV Regimen? Like you, I suffer from moderate adult acne and its making me crazy. My acne isn't terrible, but I'll get a few a week. I've tried all types of topical creams, but the dryness and flake are unbearable. I would get dark pigmentation along my neck and red rashes on my face - so I have given up on any type of intense regimen. Right now, I'm just using BP (sometimes) and cleansing my face.

I'm interested in this B5 and ACV regimen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It seems to be pretty rigorous, with some serious side effects. How is it working out? have you experienced anything serious?

Hey everyone. Well I've been off the regimen for a while and since being off it's safe to say my face has gotten a little worse. The only thing is while on the regimen you never get 100% clear and the time spent, money and worrying about flaking and redness wasn't worth it to me.

While in the gym I ran into a few roid heads who told me their regimen. I've read about this before but they all claim to have great success with it. They do B5 and ACV. They take one TBSP in the morning of ACV. For the B5 they said to take approx 10g a day until you're clear. Then once clear maintain with about 3-5 or even less. I've read all the sides of B5 but at this point in my life I'm just trying to do something works.

I haven't bought any ACV yet as I'm trying to see how B5 works on its own. I'm starting rather low to see how my face reacts. So far in days 1 & 2 I've done about 2-3g/day. I think tomorrow I will up it a little more. I will track my progress here and let everyone know.

If you are really going the B5 route you have to give it three months. I had a pretty bad IB and it took 3 months for my face to clear up.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will continue this for 90 days and see how it goes. It's odd because I know people who have noticed results within a week but I guess it all depends on the person.

haha your back! i quit dans reg too and i am on wexler products now as well as b5. Its annoying taking 20 pills a day but i seem to be improving. Then again i have only been on it a week.

Hey Eyes! It's great to see ya. I hope you're doing okay. Dan's regimen wasn't horrible; I did experience good results. But for the time it takes and the money it costs it just did not seem worth it. It kept me mostly clear but always having to worry about flakes and redness was just too stressful. It was a no win really. Your face would be pretty clear but now instead of worrying about acne you're worrying about redness and flakes. I'm still using his cleanser.

Hey King,

What is this B5 and ACV Regimen? Like you, I suffer from moderate adult acne and its making me crazy. My acne isn't terrible, but I'll get a few a week. I've tried all types of topical creams, but the dryness and flake are unbearable. I would get dark pigmentation along my neck and red rashes on my face - so I have given up on any type of intense regimen. Right now, I'm just using BP (sometimes) and cleansing my face.

I'm interested in this B5 and ACV regimen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It seems to be pretty rigorous, with some serious side effects. How is it working out? have you experienced anything serious?

Hey Hose. I hear ya man. Sometimes I almost wish I had horrible acne so then I could just go on Accutane and get it over with. I feel like I have the worst kind. I'm stuck with the kind that is always there and visible but never bad enough where I could get some serious medication to knock it out. It's horrible being an adult male with this. I hate to sound like a baby or drama queen but it has seriously ruined my life. I'm just not strong enough to be comfortable around anyone anymore.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I've had zero side effects from B5. BTW, B5 is just a powder that you mix with water. I read a lot about it and it seems like you only experience side effects either in rare cases or if you're taking A LOT. I do the average, approximately 10g/day. ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar. Lots of have people have used just this to clear up. It definitely helps your complexion. I take about 2-3 tablespoons per day. I wouldn't worry about any side effects. I think people make it sound worse than it is. I know a few people who've done it with zero issues. Most guys in the gym take B5 to combat bad acne because of their heavy steroid use. That's where I first heard about it. These guys said it even cleared up their bacne.

How is the B5 and ACV Treatment going? I started doing the apple cider vinegar thing yesterday. I read reviews and it seems to be worth a shot, especially because it is all natural and cheap! Anyways, I'm drinking it in the morning and night with some apple juice / V8 juice. And I'm also using it as a topical in the morning and night. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will continue this for 90 days and see how it goes. It's odd because I know people who have noticed results within a week but I guess it all depends on the person.

How is the B5 and ACV Treatment going? I started doing the apple cider vinegar thing yesterday. I read reviews and it seems to be worth a shot, especially because it is all natural and cheap! Anyways, I'm drinking it in the morning and night with some apple juice / V8 juice. And I'm also using it as a topical in the morning and night. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

The treatment is going alright but nothing spectacular. Some have said it takes 2-3 months to work properly. I have seen some improvements. But for it to work properly you MUST use the organic, raw and unfiltered ACV. I had to buy it off Bragg's site because I couldn't find it in stores. If you're just using regular ACV it won't work because it's not strong enough. You should really try stacking it with B5 and see how it goes. A lot of people are claiming it works wonders so maybe you could be one of them.