Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAY 27

Shaved last night and face held up pretty good. I must be doing something wrong with the Olay moisturizer. It gets rave reviews but something isn't right. I have 2 problems. First issue is I am flaking and it has to be b/c of it since I haven't had any flakes in weeks. Also, after I apply it doesn't totally disappear and parts of my face have like this white left over. I'll keep at it since the reviews on it are so stellar and I also need the SPF 15 because I'll be using Dan's AHA soon.

That is too bad about the flaking. Have you tried mixing in a few drops of Jojoba Oil? I hear that really helps? If you weren't having a bad reaction to Dan's Moisturizer then you should be fine with the Jojoba Oil, since Dan's includes it.

I think I remember you saying that you had flaking at the beginning of the regime. Is that correct? How long did that take to subside? I have flaking right now - it just looks like there are little white flakes on my skin after I moisturize - and I am worried that they are going to clog my pores. When you had flaking did you notice any additional acne problems? Just wondering...

Good luck!

Hey Snood,

I have tried mixing Jojoba with the Olay moisturizer but still no luck. I can use more moisturizer and then I won't have flaking but the problem is if I use too much I can't get the white leftover off my face unless I rinse with water. Dan's moisturizer worked fine for me but it's missing SPF15 which is needed when you begin using Dan's AHA.

I did have really bad flaking in the beginning. I can't remember exactly but I'd say it went away in 2 weeks or less. Here's what worked for me. I used about 3/4 pump BP and added about 2 drops of jojoba to it. Then when I applied moisturizer I added about 6-8 drops of jojoba and never had a single flake again.

Hope this helps!

DAY 28

Flaking is insane! I can't imagine having it any worse. Face is just about covered. If I even smile it gets worse. It has to be the change from Dan's to Olay because it happened instantly. This is just horrible, now I'm gonna have to stay in today. I dunno what I'm doing wrong with Olay because the reviews are so good but I gotta switch off now and figure something out. It looks like today is gonna be horrible..

quick update from today

I went back to Dan's moisturizer but mixed a small amount of Olay in with it. Not sure what kind of results this will have but I'm gonna give it a shot. Olay basically ruined me in terms of flaking but it did lighten my red marks and protect me from the sun so I do still need it. Lets hope this works!

another update..don't know what to do, flakes are still going crazy and now red marks are more visible..i'm using jojoba to rid the flakes but that seems to only work for about 30 mins and then they come back..sorry but i am just in a miserable mood today..

Oh I am so sorry about you have a bad day. Believe me, I understand how these kind of things can sorta consume you.

What happens when you just use Dan's Moisturizer? If that prevents you from flaking why don't you continue to use that and then look for a sunscreen to put over it? I hear they have spray sunscreens or powder sunscreen that might work well with DK Moisturizer. Also, I think I remember reading on this board that some people just use a straight up normal sunscreen over the lotion.

Hey, on the upside - are you clear besides the flaking? If so, that is great!

Hey Snood, thanks for the kind and uplifting words.

For weeks I had been using Dan's moisturizer w/ a few drops of jojoba and hadn't experienced any issues. I made the switch to Olay because of the rave reviews it gets and it has the SPF. I like your idea of continuing to use Dan's moisturizer and then put a sunscreen over it. Do you have any recommendations?

DAY 29

Wow I definitely miss Olay. Even though the flaking was insane it really evened out my skin tone and faded red marks in only 2 days! But I just couldn't figure out what the deal with the flaking was so I had to go back to Dan's. I still haven't fully recovered and was flaking this morning. Hopefully in another day or two I'll be back on track. Red marks are back to being visible. Really disappointed because two days ago after using Olay my face looked really good. I wish there was a way to use Olay and not flake.

Bro,

try reducing your BP, if your acne isnt severe. Instead of imediately do a 1 pump of BP, why not increase it to a comfortable level and stop there...

i know from the regimen, you are suppose to slowly increase to 2 pumps...

i was not a Dan's user so i cant comment on how good this product is, but for me, i simply applied a thin layer of neutrogena BP every nite and it stop all my breakouts till now its 3rd week already....and not a single flaking, maybe becos i didnt applied alot...

and i am asking myself this, why is there a need to increase the dosage when i am already fine and comfortable with this bit?

Instead of 3/4pumps of BP, reduce it to just 1/4 or 1/2 and reduce to once a day.....do remember ur objectives as well, you would like to remove your acne and breakouts issue, not flaking issue.

So why increase ur BP usage and uses lots of moisturiser oil etc to control it, than reduce BP issues?

I had much terrible acne issue compared to yours, my zits are often enormous big with cyst...and now its all under controlled...

just my 2 cents..hope it will help u...

Hey pikapig, thanks for the helpful tips. It's funny you wrote this because it's exactly what I did last night. I loved the way my face looked when using Olay (minus the flakes of course) so I really wanted to go back to it. Last night I used a half pump of BP and then applied Olay. When I woke up this morning I had only very minor flaking. And what I like about Olay is just overnight the red marks are less visible and overall my skin tone looks more even again.

DAY 30

Shaved last night and holding up okay. This is good because I have been consistently looking okay after shaving. Prior to the regimen I looked awful.

Last night I went back to Olay. It really is a great product in terms of how it will make your face look. The downside is the flakes. I reduced the amount of BP (down to 1/2 pump) and then applied Olay. Woke up with a little flaking but nothing major. I tried the same thing again this morning so we'll see. I think, either tonight or tomorrow, I will start using Dan's AHA. It is time to finally put an end to these red marks.

Does anyone know if Olay should be applied the same way as Dan's moisturizer as he shows in his videos? Just curious because one other thing I've noticed with Olay is the white color kind of stays on your face for a while unless you wash it off. I would wash it off but then doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of applying it?

Yeah, ermm lets see if just 1/2 a pump will work for u...to be frank...supposingly a thin layer would do the job, i read in some of the log, people are using 2 pump at a go and some even asked how to apply that much on their face? yah thats my question as well, using 2 pumps sounds like applying hand lotions...

And lets try not to use one product but uses more products to cover the side effect...that is incorrect.

Good luck to you and i will be following ur thread.

DAY 31

Last night was the first time I have used Dan's AHA. I was going to do it after the BP but I decided to skip BP instead so we'll see how this works. My regimen at night will be exactly the same but AHA will replace BP. I made 3 thin lines of AHA on my fingers (from top of finger tip to bottom) and that's all I used, so not a huge amount. I figured it would be best to start small like I did with BP. Since it's only one time so far it's hard to say what I think of the AHA. Face did feel a little crusty in the morning but also looked a little better than the night before.

DAY 32

Second day of AHA. Still replacing the BP at night with Dan's AHA. Little worried about today. I guess I somehow must have accidentally got some BP or moisturizer near my eyes. My eyes began watering and burning a little. Now my vision is a little blurry. I'm hoping this just goes away by tomorrow.

How do you know when to use the AHA???

I have been using all of Dan's Products religiously for about 3 1/2 weeks and i have only three or four surface pimples, but red marks everywhere else. (mainly all over my chin). But i can shave easily without cutting any acne up.

Is this a good time to work on red marks?? or should i wait till i have absolutely no zits.

hey bro...

do note AHA has this burning effect if u applied near ur eyes and as such may cause blurry...

to avoid, just don apply too close to your eyes, if not, after applying AHA, close your eyes and let it rest for 5 to 10 mins before re opening.

I had this problem when i am using AHA facial wash. Its not a big problem, just make sure it dont get into your eyes.

Oh no! sorry to hear about your eyes! that happened to me the first week and I had to change my contacts! I got bp in my eye tho not the aha.

How do you know when to use the AHA???

I have been using all of Dan's Products religiously for about 3 1/2 weeks and i have only three or four surface pimples, but red marks everywhere else. (mainly all over my chin). But i can shave easily without cutting any acne up.

Is this a good time to work on red marks?? or should i wait till i have absolutely no zits.

Hey. I would say wait until about day 31, which looks like it's soon, and then start the AHA. At first it will burn a little so don't get discouraged. Also, I would recommend starting with a small amount b/c some people have experienced break outs. I made a very thin layer from the top of my finger to the bottom. I used about 2.5 fingers the first time. Good luck, I know red marks are a pain!!

hey pika, yeah i read that on the FAQ about the AHA. I was glad to see that because then I didn't have to worry. Thanks for advice and I will definitely try to be more careful with AHA and BP near the eyes.

Hey Eyes, glad your back. Yeah I was panicking today when I got a little blurry. It's still kind of weird now so I am hoping by morning everything will be back to normal. I will definitely be even more extra careful from now on.

Hey there. Sorry to hear about the eyes...that can be really scary.

So, how is the 1/2 pump working? I have been tempted to try that as well...although I am not clear, this flaking is just so irritating. When you were flaking so much did you ever use any type of exfoliation technique? Just wondering.

Well, good luck and keep us updated.

Hey snood. Let me give you some pointers..

First I would say make sure you have been gradually increasing the amount of BP. Don't just suddenly go from a half pump to 1 full pump. Also, I noticed that when I started using jojoba the flaking completely stopped. I also never went beyond 1 full pump of BP. I began mixing 2-4 drops of jojoba with BP. I'd then wait 10-15 minutes and then apply Dan's moisturizer. Dan recommends using less moisturizer than BP. I found it better to use a little more. So if you are using roughly 3/4 BP then try 1 full pump of moisturizer. With the moisturizer I would mix 6-8 drops of jojoba and then apply. Now if you wake up in the morning and your face is really flaked then here is what you can do. First rinse your face with warm water and then do the first step, cleanse. After that, you gently pat dry your face then try adding a few drops of jojoba to the flaky areas. You can either try to exfoliate the flakes (which is probably best) or just gently glide the oil over the flaky areas. Then wait maybe 5-7 minutes and apply BP and go from there. I hope I've been of some help, keep me posted..

DAY 33

Not much to report. Still using Dan's AHA at night and BP in the morning. I haven't noticed red marks fading too much but then again it's only day 3 of the AHA and it sounds like red marks really take time to fade. I'm really hoping this works..