Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lappj

Keratosis Pilaris on cheeks!!!

Before accutane, I had keratosis pilaris on my triceps. They are small not inflamed red bumps. I had never had it on my face. I'm on my last month of my 2nd course of Roaccutane now and suddenly I've developed these on my cheeks. Initially it was just 5-6 tiny red bumps near the jawbone, but now it's spreading across my entire cheek!! I'm really worried because this condition absolutely destroyed the skin on my triceps. It now has a permanent reddish/purplish hue. I'm afraid this could be the fate of the skin on my cheek.

When I had it on my triceps, the doctor said that it was hereditary and couldn't be treated. The only thing I found online to help was to intensively moisturize. Does this mean that after I'm off tane it might go away because my skin will be less dry?

Here's a pic of what it looks like. This pic is not of me but it is very very close to my condition:

http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisroot/en/34408/image.htm

http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisroot/en/34387/image.htm

hello, same as me my arms are being controlled by retin a. day and a day off....

but my face is just a mess with the redness and kp bumps.. has anyone had any success? thank you

I had this problem after accutane, on the back of my arms and thighs. It went away after a few months off accutane.

I am just finishing a second round of accutane, and it is coming back again. I hope it will go away after a month or 2 :)

Whoa! I've had these little red bumps on my cheeks since about a month after I came of Accutane (which was in April), and even after researching I couldn't work out what it was! They are on my jawline and have spread to my cheeks a little too, and don't hurt at all. Every now and then one will turn into what looks more like a spot. The only thing that sort of reduces it is exfoliating, but then it just returns to normal. It's quite mild so I don't really mind (nowhere near as bad as acne) but I don't want it to wreck the skin on my face!

I don't really get them on my face. Mostly on the back of my upper arms. After my first course it was extremely severe. But this time, doesn't seem that bad but it's only the beginning since I just got off accutane.