Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Ah CRAP! Red marks starting to turn brown... :(

This is truly depressing. Why am I stuck with asian skin? I am doomed, the other day I was at the supermarket for a job orientation and I noticed how bad my brown marks & scars looked under florescent lights. Not to mention in direct sunlight. WHY?! When doesn't anything good ever happen to me? Why?! Now what can I do? Should I take more vitamin supplements as I see a little difference when taking them. Should I wait a couple of years till I finish high school? I feel like giving up, why did acne have to come to me.. my family have had no history with acne.. NONE. It's just so awkward being in bright lights, when I am.. I try to not draw attention to myself yet that draws even more attention. I fear people coming close to my face, face to face talking. Seriously someone here should know a thing or two about asians and hyperpigmentation?

I understand how ur feeling, i hate the sun and them lights it makes them look so bad, i had a accourance like yours today when i went to the fair i seen how bad it looked .

but hey best thing to do is keep your head up.

haa ha i do the same by not trying to draw attention to my acne but yet it cause me to get more attention.

good luck on getting rid of them. :D im trying to get rid of mine too

I understand how ur feeling, i hate the sun and them lights it makes them look so bad, i had a accourance like yours today when i went to the fair i seen how bad it looked .

but hey best thing to do is keep your head up.

haa ha i do the same by not trying to draw attention to my acne but yet it cause me to get more attention.

good luck on getting rid of them. :D im trying to get rid of mine too

you got tips? anything at all that has helped you? I mean I tried contacting the local scar place here, they said they wouldn't operate on my face because of the risk of more hyper pigmentation of asian skin..

They will go away in time. I promise. I am watching my sons fade little by little

I hope, how old is your son?

patient is something I don't have a lot of right now. I mean I've been waiting for so long now, to get clear that is.. and it's been 6 months since I've been waiting for my red marks to fade.

Have you tried alpha hydroxy lotion? I use Walgreens Alpha hydroxy Lotion 8% AHA of 70% solution. I used this and in two weeks my scars lessend so much.

Sorry so late to reply....

My son just turned 15. He is in his seventh month of accutane. He even got two more cysts this month!! The derm said she was going to keep him on at least eight months. I cant wait till this is over! he never had all these scars/red marks on his jaw line until he went on tane. She said he would have eventually though. It just brought everything out sooner. who knows. The marks on his left side have faded a lot. The right side is going slowly but I can tell. She said once he is off tane they will fade faster. Could be up to a year. If they are still by then I will get him IPL laser treatment. That should take care of it.

Good luck!

I am in the same boat as you with the asian skin. The problem is we get hid hard, not only do we get red marks initially but then we get the brown marks once the redness fades. People with caucasian skin need to realise how lucky they are, you just have redness to deal with (occasionally you may have hyperpigmentation but its generally alot less severe than normal). I have had a red/brown mark for 7 months now which still hasnt faded. The really big problem is we can't undertake any major procedures because of the risk involved. I tried for IPL but got refused and wasted my money on microdermabrasion instead which did nothing! The worst thing about our skin is that its in the middle so its still fairly light making marks more visible then black skin but also dark enough for it to hyperpigment alot more easily.

The only proven thing that will help us is time and a lot of it at that!

I too am cursed with a skin tone that makes hyperpigmentation and red marks linger and look worse...I'm half pakistani half english and I have slightly lighter but tanned skin but it's still in that "inbetween" tone where marks can look really bad compared to if I was lighter or darker...Red/Brown marks are the last problem with my skin....I hate them. I rarely get acne anymore, maybe 1-2 small whiteheads a week and 1 medium sized inflamed one a month(most likely hormonal). But I still have very uneven skin tone from left over marks/spots and I have dry skin which seems to make things more discolored...In certain lighting they aren't even noticeable really but in fluorescent and sun light I see the reality of them and my skin just looks really unhealthy, dull and unattractive.. I've had some marks for almost a year now..

I'm pretty sure I damaged my skin a while ago, it's always dry even with the best moisturizers..Not extremely dry but I do get pretty flaky in certain areas and I think it contributes to my skin tone..I just hope its not permanent damage..I used Proactive 3 step last winter and the combination of the drying effect from it and the cold weather made my skin ridiculously dry and I couldn't even open my mouth without extreme flaking...Luckily I'm passed that point now but I think I've done some minor long term damage because of it...I've been using ACV Toner with some results and I exfoliate every few days which helps a bit. I just hope that they fade within the next year or 2...Now that I'm coming to the ending stages of any kind of serious acne I just want my marks to fade so I can live my life with 1 less worry..

My son is caucasion and VERY fair. He has red marks all over his jaw line and sides of his face. I feel so bad for him. He is only 15. IHe is still on tane-7th month...going to 8. I swear I truely am beginning to think the accutane caused all these red spots. He never had these pre tane. The derm says no but I'm not to sure. I took him to get a hair cut today and there was a facial room there. I had the lady look at him and she said they would go away in time but there is some scarring. The scarring wouldnt look bad if the damn red marks would go away! Some are at a purple stage. They are taking forever!!! I read on here to rub in Neosporin cream (not ointment). I LOVE neosporin. Give it a shot! It heals things twice as fast. Hang in there. Do you ever notice there isnt anyone on this site who has had tons of hyperpigmentation marks and ever said they got rid of them? I swear to ALL when my sons go away I will show pics and tell everyone how long they took and what he did!

Awww man ya im whitish but I have more asainish skin and my red marks are now turning brown =[

but they seem to by healing up pretty fast.

Taking about 6000 mgs of vitamin c and 50 mgs of zinc and it seems to help... scotch tape and acv helps too =].

Their are ALOT of threads in regards to this topic but so I suggest you search some of them, your actual condition is just inflammatory acne subsiding and the remnants being hyperpigmentation but I will suggest some products that have faded my brown marks. Their was always little red/pinkish spots when the brown marks faded indicating that the inflammatory acne was still there. Anywho, here's a list of products to try, that aren't TOO pricey.

• Mama Lotion - Basically contains 10% Malic Acid, 10% Mandelic (gentle AHA's unlike glycolic acid) which faded my brown marks, helped with acne, improved the clarity and pore-size of my skin. Your skin will peel/flake a bit, but this means that the product is working and is nothing a rich moisturiser can't fix.
  • Kligman's formula - This is what I was prescribed by my dermatologist, although the formula's vary, its basically 4% Hydroquinone, 0.025% Tretinoin, 2% Kogic Acid and a hydrocortisone for inflammation. This drastically faded my marks, but be wary of using anything with hydroquinone for long periods.
  • Green Cream/Retinoids - Retinoids simply put are awesome. They've took away years from my young skin (that looked wrinkled and dull) and increase cell turnover thus shedding the layers of skin which will lessen the apperance of brown marks AND will help purge out acne. It needs to be used on a consistent basis to see results, which include firmer more plump skin, less wrinkles, less acne and an even skintone.
  • Lactic Acid Peels - These are one of the more milder AHA peels (in comparison to glycolic and TCA) and the one's from makeupartistschoice contain licorice extract which will also aid in fading hyperpigmentation. There's been alot of great reviews for MUAC's peels, so I suggest if you've tried the other alternatives, giving these a go (starting with the lowest concentration first then working your way up).

Remember these products are subjective to the patient's skin type and how it responds. Hope this helps.

Their are ALOT of threads in regards to this topic but so I suggest you search some of them, your actual condition is just inflammatory acne subsiding and the remnants being hyperpigmentation but I will suggest some products that have faded my brown marks. Their was always little red/pinkish spots when the brown marks faded indicating that the inflammatory acne was still there. Anywho, here's a list of products to try, that aren't TOO pricey.

• Mama Lotion - Basically contains 10% Malic Acid, 10% Mandelic (gentle AHA's unlike glycolic acid) which faded my brown marks, helped with acne, improved the clarity and pore-size of my skin. Your skin will peel/flake a bit, but this means that the product is working and is nothing a rich moisturiser can't fix.
  • Kligman's formula - This is what I was prescribed by my dermatologist, although the formula's vary, its basically 4% Hydroquinone, 0.025% Tretinoin, 2% Kogic Acid and a hydrocortisone for inflammation. This drastically faded my marks, but be wary of using anything with hydroquinone for long periods.
  • Green Cream/Retinoids - Retinoids simply put are awesome. They've took away years from my young skin (that looked wrinkled and dull) and increase cell turnover thus shedding the layers of skin which will lessen the apperance of brown marks AND will help purge out acne. It needs to be used on a consistent basis to see results, which include firmer more plump skin, less wrinkles, less acne and an even skintone.
  • Lactic Acid Peels - These are one of the more milder AHA peels (in comparison to glycolic and TCA) and the one's from makeupartistschoice contain licorice extract which will also aid in fading hyperpigmentation. There's been alot of great reviews for MUAC's peels, so I suggest if you've tried the other alternatives, giving these a go (starting with the lowest concentration first then working your way up).

Remember these products are subjective to the patient's skin type and how it responds. Hope this helps.

Question: out off all the above, which requires the least amount of purging on the skin?

Question: out off all the above, which requires the least amount of purging on the skin?

Not all of them make your skin purge, and it depends what you need it for be it pigmentation/acne problems. If its both I'd go with mama lotion or a lactic acid peel.