Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nstephens

Lactic Acid Questions

couple questions about lactic acid -

1. does anyone know about using lactic acid in conjunction with smoothbeam treatments? I would figure it'd be a good idea to stop a week before, and then maybe wait until a week after smoothbeam to do a peel. So basically if I'm doing one peel per week, I would just skip it on the week I have smoothbeam. Anyone have an opinion on this?

2. I was going to order the 40% peel from makeupartistschoice.com, but was wondering what kind of package it came in. Is it inconspicuous, or is there a big makeupartists.. logo on the front of the package? I live with roommates and would rather not have to explain the package.

Thanks

This is a good question. I was thinking of purchasing the lactic peels too. Does anyone know how it is packaged? I don't want my roomates finding a package at the door adressed to me that has anything involving the word makeup.

Guest Scorpioness

goskins,

Whenever I order anything from makeupartistschoice.com, in the return address, the label reads that it is from 'MUAC.' So... lol, the coast is clear! I like that they respect our confidentiality! :-)

couple questions about lactic acid - 

1. does anyone know about using lactic acid in conjunction with smoothbeam treatments?  I would figure it'd be a good idea to stop a week before, and then maybe wait until a week after smoothbeam to do a peel.  So basically if I'm doing one peel per week, I would just skip it on the week I have smoothbeam.  Anyone have an opinion on this?  ks

I don't think there would be a problem. Non ablative lasers apparently work more efficiently if some exfoliation takes place before. Many have had microdermabrasion (much harsher than lactic) the day before Smoothbeam to prepare the skin.

After Smoothbeam, some have experienced blisters and some redness, I would wait and see how your skin is after the SB to judge when to do the lactic.

i have contacted makeup artist choice for lactic acid peels several times to place an order. They have the worst service possible. Very bad customer care. They don't bother replying and are quite rude.

au contrare mon cher!

when i placed an order twith them, they were with me every wtep of the way. Responded kindly and quickly to every email and even cancelled the order no questions or prblem when i wanted to. smile.gif

I bought mine from TCA complex Julie. But 85% may be too stong (it almost burned a hole through my hand).

Go to ebay and look up Lactic acid. I think there's a company called Loganwood?

Here's some ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=33164

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=29582

Wash your hands immediatley after applying it!