Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiki

What do you guys recommend for small scar and pores?

I was looking at the most beneficial results and less $$$ I have pox marks on the temple area which will most likely be treated via revision excision. Around the normal face i have this little pores that you see in a lot of peoples face and was wondering if Glycolic peels will suffice for this things.

Get a potato Grind it into small pieces, put it on your face. Leave it for 30 min. Works wonders for any type of scars.

Toma :cool:

If you want to put food on ur face, go ahead.

Hahhahaha.........believe it or not natural products work way better that some chemicals, which also harm your skin.

AHA seems to smooth my skin and refine my pores. Its a rapid exfoliater so it takes the first layers of skin off and brings up new skin. it might help and its not expensive like some surgical procedures can be. I'd try it for a couple of months if i were you

Hahhahaha.........believe it or not natural products work way better that some chemicals, which also harm your skin.

Agreed. Potatoes contain potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, and chlorine. I know potassium and sulfur are good for the skin.

Sulfur is an essential component of all living cells. Sulfur is a part of many bacterial defense molecules. For example, though sulfur is not a part of the lactam ring, it is a part of most beta lactam antibiotics, including the penicillins, cephalosporins, and monobactams.

Source

Potassium is also important in allowing muscle contraction and the sending of all nerve impulses in animals through action potentials.

Source

You want to make sure to use raw potato and not something that has been processed. Potatoes also provide live organic atoms to your skin.

Edit: worth a shot, it's dirt cheap and delicious if you cook them.

Get a potato Grind it into small pieces, put it on your face. Leave it for 30 min. Works wonders for any type of scars.

Are you high? brown or red potato? haha come on, what the heck is potato going to do? Apple cider has acidity and i used it for a while and didn't do crap for the scars so what is potaot going to do?

you can try tca cross only on the pores using 100% tca, but be very careful when handling it and if you're not comfortable, find a derm or a plastic surgeon that does it... usually takes about 5-6 treatments to work but it does work

you say eat it but she said put it on your face. so cut brown potato raw and lay it on my scars? if yes for how long etc. more details please

Are you high? brown or red potato? haha come on, what the heck is potato going to do? Apple cider has acidity and i used it for a while and didn't do crap for the scars so what is potaot going to do?

Fine you can insult me all you want, i was just trying to help. But since you dont need any, fine. You can think all you want and live with your scars, without even trying to fix your skin. SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP!!!!! MR. SURELY IF YOU ARE SO SMART WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE EVEN ASKING FOR HELP ABOUT YOUR SCARS?

relax, Beautiful ;-)

Sorry, I thought at first you were being sarcastic but there are other that agree with you. This is the first I heard of it and i tried ACV and virgin COCO OIL as well. Have you tried this regimen and had success? I was already considering excision and dermabrassion but I would always give natural things a atry before dealign with a doctor.

Agreed. Potatoes contain potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, and chlorine. I know potassium and sulfur are good for the skin.

Sulfur is an essential component of all living cells. Sulfur is a part of many bacterial defense molecules. For example, though sulfur is not a part of the lactam ring, it is a part of most beta lactam antibiotics, including the penicillins, cephalosporins, and monobactams.

Source

Potassium is also important in allowing muscle contraction and the sending of all nerve impulses in animals through action potentials.

Source

You want to make sure to use raw potato and not something that has been processed. Potatoes also provide live organic atoms to your skin.

Edit: worth a shot, it's dirt cheap and delicious if you cook them.

I didn't say eat, I meant you "CAN" eat them if it doesn't work, or after you put it on your skin.

You leave it on scars for 10-15 minutes, I've read of people "slicing" them as well. It's not the potato in general you are after it's the juice.

Potatoes apparently are a hostile topic....

People put cucumbers under their eyes to alleviate dark circles all the time and no one cares about that. People put mud and clay on their face and no one feels "swindled" or any animosity. People put lemons on their skin since it is a natural bleaching agent, and no one cares about that. I could go on but I'm sure you get the jist.

Most masks and chemicals that work are derived from plants and natural chemicals that work, but are cheaper to synthetically produce (no pun intended).

Guest delta force operators

does this potatoe thing actually work? im thinking of getting it a try as a matter of fact i already did , i juiced a potatoe and have it one my face right now...i heard aloe was good and cucumbers..first time i heard about a potatoe..

Wiki,

I had three rounds of Levulan plus blu light to activate the drug, and it made my pores smaller by shrinking the sebaceous glands. Levulan also peeled my skin fairly deeply and lots of dings in my skin disappeared. It's worth and shot and it's about $350 a treatment. I am a huge fan of Levulan, but it does not work on everyone and may be less successful with unfamiliar docs. HTH

Joe

you can try tca cross only on the pores using 100% tca, but be very careful when handling it and if you're not comfortable, find a derm or a plastic surgeon that does it... usually takes about 5-6 treatments to work but it does work

I use some natural oil for moisturizers and they are indeed better than commersial cosmetics being noncomedogenic and good moisturizers. But they don't work for enlarged pores or scarring. You haven't said what exactly the potato mask is doing for you? I can imagine it's astringent and gives a temporary tightening effect but don't think that is permanent.