Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on the regimen strictly all summer. Recently, my neck has been really, really scaly. I don't put any of the regimen products on it at all - I've never had acne on my neck, only on my jaw line. I think maybe because it's hot and I'm sweating some, that the products are dripping down into my neck area, causing it to become all red and scaly. Whenever I put moisturizer on it, it stings like crazy.

Does anyone have a solution to get rid of the scaliness? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! :D

I think you may be right about sweating causing the bp to run down your neck, it may also be getting splashed on there during the shower or when you wash your face.

You might try a nice layer of Vaseline on your neck at night. That should help a lot. It's not something you can really use during the day because it is so shiny, but you might be able to put a little on to make a barrier so that even if you do sweat the bp won't irritate your skin.

I'm not the one to have a scaly neck then! I am loving the regimen but my neck is red and scaly and peeling. I don't apply the bp there so I cant work it out. I am using Sorbolene cream on my neck atm but am thinking of trying jojoba oil on my neck only to try and combat the dry ickiness. Please let me know what you try and if it works/makes a difference and I will keep you posted also...

This happened to me, but I have eczema (pops up from time to time), so I attributed it to that. I realized that my hair products were irritating my neck and that is what triggered my eczema to flare up. I kept my hair off of my neck for about two weeks and used hydrocortisone cream every night and in the mornings. It cleared up in about two weeks and hasn't returned since. Now when I wear my hair down I just use less products.

I had the same problem - only worse, actually. My neck was ridiculously dry - so much so that it was difficult to turn my head. It burned constantly.

I thought about it, and though I don't use any of the products on my neck, some of the cleanser does get on there when I'm washing my face. I decided to stop using Dan's cleanser. Now, I use Dove soap instead. (I know you're not supposed to use soap as a cleanser, but it's been working okay for me.) Without using the cleanser, and by applying moisturizer around three times a day, I got my neck back to normal in about a week.