Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AriadnaLoli

Not-so-old red marks. Is early treatment possible?

I had a bad moderate forehead breakout. Just many zits, which are clearing up now. However, they've left red marks. (They're like flat red circles on my skin). There's so many of them! The marks are at most 2-3 weeks old. Is there any treatment to help them not stick around and fade them quickly? I'm using the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel on my marks. I only see very little improvement. :doubt:

I'm just getting over a pretty bad breakout, and I'm in the same boat... I use lemon juice to lessen my red marks and I've found that it helps a lot! I use it in two ways:

#1 Steaming - once a day I put a slice of lemon in a bowl of boiling water, and hold my face over the steam. I do this for about 5 minutes, or as long as I can stand the steam. It feels great and I started noticing the different in 5 days.

#2 Topically - after steaming, I the lemon slice and squeeze the juice out. Then I apply it directly to my red spots. I find there is a mild tingling sensation that goes away pretty quickly. Then I apply 'Polysporin' over the red marks and use that to help rub in the lemon juice. Again, I noticed a difference in days.

Some people find that concentrated lemon juice is too powerful - you'd just have to judge how sensitive your skin is.

That sounds pretty good...using lemon juice. So, ultraviolet, how long have you been doing this?

EDIT: Oh, I'm sorry! I just noticed the "5 days" in your reply. I have a lot on my mind. :( School sucks!