Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyron

forehead looking like an off road track

I've been kinda clean since my roaccutane course- which ended 9 months ago. But I started breaking out on my forehead a month or so ago. Tiny little bumps all around my forehead. I didn't take it too serious but now I have tens of little zits and more than a few whiteheads. Almost every part of my face is clean but my forehead. How can i fix this? I really need help badly :pray:

Same with me! Im pretty much clear everywhere (besides maybe one pimple on my chin), but my forehead looks like a bunch of little hills attacked it. And at the moment, i probably have 2 or 3 huge zits and really little small ones on my forehead.

I feel your pain, Tyron ):

Today I woke up to notice that almost every little zit on my forehead is getting inflamed. This really is the worst breakout i have ever had. Should i pile up BP on my forehead?

For now yea,pile BP on them. When i get any red zit on my skin i load sudocrem on it. its a godsend,really reduces the redness and sometimes brings the spot to a head so u can burst it and begin getting rid. Id recommend investing in some sudocrem if you havnt already got it.

Try not to panic about your breakout,the likelihood of your acne going back to its worst are surely quite slim,so keep the hope up that it is just a minor hitch. Everybody breaks out,and its really annoying. If it continues though,maybe you need to start on some meds again,if you currently arent using any.

Hey everyone!

I used to have the same thing- there wasn't a square centimeter of my forehead that wasn't covered with tiny little bumps and whiteheads. Sometimes they flared red and itched. They never would go away completely.

In my case it turned out that I had pityrosporum folliculitis. It's a yeast overgrowth in the hair follicles- the same that gives you dandruff. It's commonly misdiagnosed as acne.

Check out this thread and see if it sounds like you:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Small-bum...us-t164964.html

Nizoral shampoo and Head and Shoulders shampoo work well. Regular acne medications do not work however, since they target bacteria and not yeast.

Good luck!

I don't understand. Do you put the Head and Shoulders on the face, or just wash with it in your hair? I'm struggling with dandruff so I'm going to buy the H&S anyway, and I have these little bumps on forehead that don't respond to BP, so I might try it.

That's exactly my problem with the itching and redness, thank you very much for the information. But i've already been using Head & Shoulders.Does that mean mine is acne?

Not necessarily, you need to apply the shampoo to the affected area on your forehead and leave it on for at least 3-5 minutes- and preferably twice a day. Personally I found that Nizoral worked a bit better and was less irritating.

If it doesn't work you might have another type of folliculitis. But I noticed improvements after a few days. After two weeks it was almost all gone. I have to keep washing with it though- basically Nizoral is my facial cleanser, and it will probably stay that way unless I find a way to rebalance the yest/bacteria levels in my body.

I checked the other thread and i really think that this is my problem. Starting from tomorrow I'm gonna use my shampoo on my forehead too. What about your acne? Does Nizoral worsen it?

I was worried about that, but I seriously haven't had many breakouts since then, and then it usually isn't on my forehead.

Although in addition to the Nizoral I have been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar every day, and I'm starting to think that it might've helped keep breakouts at bay. But I'm not sure.

I'm going to try H&S for a while. I've never broke out on my forehead before so i think i have PF

My forehead is the last remaining area that is still a disaster. My regime is really helping, and I'm trying to deal witht he permanent scarring that is the part of 10 years of destroying your skin with chemicals.

Please listen to me when I say this, "Do not use any dandruff shampoo on your forhead or any other part of your facial skin." When I used it, it made it WORSE--because your facial skin is MORE sensitive than your scalp, and all those chemicals will make it over react and you will break out even more.

DON'T DO IT.

yeast and gram negative bacteria are almost always the cause of these 'bumps', according to my derm. i used to get them ALL the time, and theyd start on my forehead, work their way down my temples, around my nose, on my nose....everywhere. it was like a giant rash, and no matter how much BP, SA, Retin-A, Differin etc. i slathered on, it just got worse or stayed the same. i wanted to die.

now, after FINALLY finding out what it was, i was given a short term treatment with topical steroids (which, btw, will exacerbate it over time, so its just to quickly resolve symptoms, not treat the cause) and my face cleared dramatically within a day or 2 of using the cream. however, i was not instructed on what to do o maintain free from this condition after, and i would always run back to using the topical steroid cream until i ran out and it wasn't working as well as it once was, anyhow.

so for ages i dealt with it, it would come and go, but when it came, it was awful and stayed around for MONTHS. i was a wreck when i had it.

now, accutane came along, and it got rid of the bumps as well as my true acne, but that was prolly only because the oil the fungus and gram negative bacteria feed on. soon after an accutane course, the bumps would come back. sucks. but i have finally found an effective OTC treatment that works for acne and fungus. sulfur. yeah, it may smell kinda odd and yeah its not easy to find, but its a proven anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, fungicide and kerolytic. and it kills gram negative bacteria, too, not just the normal bacteria that BP and regular antibiotics can kill. its often combined with resorcinol for better efficacy. i would give sulfur/resorcinol a try before washing your face with shampoo. or if you really want to use the active ingredient found in nizoral or H&S, get a cream from your doc....dont put shampoo all over your face...unless you have the roughest skin around, its gonna do a job on your skin.

David- did it make it worse immediately, after a few days, or after a few months? Because I've been using the Nizoral for 10 months now and it never stings or makes my skin red. The head and Shoulders stings a little sometimes, but I don't use it as often. I sure wouldn't want to be causing myself permanent damage. I'll ask my derm the next time I see her.

Maybe I'll try switching to sulfur. What med do you use with sulfur in it fletch?

I'm using H&S 2 times a day for 10 minutes each if I don't see a improvement in a week that I'm gonna order Dans 8oz BP

If I could just give a word of caution, I found the HandS more irritating than the Nizoral, and I think my skin is fairly tough- starting with 10 mins twice a day could burn your skin. I would strongly recommend that you tone it down a bit (5 mins) and give it at least two weeks. If it starts to burn, wash it off. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to go see your derm.

Good luck!

If I could just give a word of caution, I found the HandS more irritating than the Nizoral, and I think my skin is fairly tough- starting with 10 mins twice a day could burn your skin. I would strongly recommend that you tone it down a bit (5 mins) and give it at least two weeks. If it starts to burn, wash it off. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to go see your derm.

Good luck!

Oh cool thanks for the tip so far is going good

i use clearasil adult tinted treatment cream, which unfortunately is tinted, so its best to use it once a day at night unless you dont mind looking like you have foundation on.

acnomel also makes an untinted brand of sulfur/resorcinol, but i've heard that for some reason it's not as effective. another option is grandpa's thylox soap, which is 10% sulfur and has gotten great reviews in the treatment reviews section of OTC products in the sulfur section. check it out...sufur has been my saving grace. and one of the best parts about it is that you see results within 24 hours, not weeks to months like other treatments. good luck!

F