Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
french girl

Spiro and blood pressure

Hi there,

My blood pressure is quite low ( 100/60 ) and today, my generalist gave me a script for 50mg spiro to give it a try...but she told me that it could make my blood pressure go lower and that I might feel really bad and even faint!!! :redface:

Is there anybody here who has tried spiro with an already ''low'' blood pressure???

Sorry for my bad english...

Hi there,

My blood pressure is quite low ( 100/60 ) and today, my generalist gave me a script for 50mg spiro to give it a try...but she told me that it could make my blood pressure go lower and that I might feel really bad and even faint!!! :redface:

Is there anybody here who has tried spiro with an already ''low'' blood pressure???

Sorry for my bad english...

Hi, I have blood pressure that has always been on the low side of normal -- similar to yours. Usually somewhere between 90/60 to 110/70. For several months I took only 50 to 75 mg/day of spiro and had absolutely no side effects at all. But recently (about 2 months ago), I went from 75 to 100 mg and only then did I feel tired, sluggish, and a little run down. This feeling was especially noticable when I was exercising. But after a couple weeks, I felt fine again.

Good luck! I think you will be fine with 50 mg.

Oh, and you're English is great!

Thank you so much for your answer mizzbuddy !

I'm scared to death to take my first pill but I'll give it a try...I have to!

I'm also scared of the potassium thing...I don't know if I should change anything in my diet.

My generalist told me to avoid eating too much bananas and potatoes and that's all....but there's potassium in almost everything we eat!

Thank you so much for your answer mizzbuddy !

I'm scared to death to take my first pill but I'll give it a try...I have to!

I'm also scared of the potassium thing...I don't know if I should change anything in my diet.

My generalist told me to avoid eating too much bananas and potatoes and that's all....but there's potassium in almost everything we eat!

For many years I have been eating a potassium rich diet (bananas, tomatoes, nuts, raisins, cabbage, spinach, etc.) which is quite healthy and therefore I was pretty reluctant to change it when I started spiro. Rather than change my diet, I decided to wait and see what the results were from my bloodwork and let my doctor whether or not I needed to alter my diet. But the results came back perfectly normal. And I've been getting bloodwork done regularly the whole time I've been on spiro (for over a year now) and so far, everything's been totally fine. So try not to worry too much!

There have been quite a few posts on Spiro and Potassium and blood pressure. Use the Search option and type in "Spiro Potassium" or "Spiro blood pressure" and you will see lots of information that has been discussed. Good luck.