Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SHEEKxD

Glycolic Peel Results **new pic inside**

So I got my first feel on July 18 and my second one on July 31st and I just one done 2 days ago on Aug 6

So i basically had 3 peels (:

3 more to go.

Alot of my scars before were really red and STILL noticable with makeup on. I HATED going out.

and i STILL kind of do, but im getting thereee GOAL: WEAR NO MAKEUP!

but through the 3 peeels done so far. i notcied a great deal of improvement. Might not seem like in the picture, but i have recieved compliments saying it looked loads better then in the beginging of summer(:<3!! Hopefully atleast 2 more peels will get me to the point were I have to wear no to VERY minimal makeup!! ( note: i HATE wearing coverup -_-;; takes too much time in the morning)

MORE RECENT PICTURE.

post-79145-1218411996_thumb.jpg

the 3rd one i took in the afternoon on aug 9

JUST DID MY FOURTH PEEL ON WED (:

ugh i went out swimming BAD IDEA -_-;;

OHWELL.

ALITTLE IMPROVEMENT.

post-79145-1219001031_thumb.jpg[

post-79145-1218224749_thumb.jpg

post-79145-1218224749_thumb.jpg

post-79145-1218411996_thumb.jpg

post-79145-1219001031_thumb.jpg

I've been suffering with acne since soph year of hs, now that I'm 20 I get the occasional pimple here and there but I still have really bad hyperpigmentation on the cheeks which makes my face look like it's filled with acne.

I just did my first glycolic peel on thursday, I didn't really notice any change however when I woke up this morning (sat) my face looked 20%~30% better. I REALLY regret not using this amazing product sooner, I was too worried about doing even MORE damage on my face when it's as simple as pouring maple syrup on pancake ;).

If you have bad redmarks / hyperpigmentation and was always interested in using glycolic acid peel but you were scared doing more damage to your skin? BUY IT, seriously if I can do it so can you!!

I've been suffering with acne since soph year of hs, now that I'm 20 I get the occasional pimple here and there but I still have really bad hyperpigmentation on the cheeks which makes my face look like it's filled with acne.

I just did my first glycolic peel on thursday, I didn't really notice any change however when I woke up this morning (sat) my face looked 20%~30% better. I REALLY regret not using this amazing product sooner, I was too worried about doing even MORE damage on my face when it's as simple as pouring maple syrup on pancake ;).

If you have bad redmarks / hyperpigmentation and was always interested in using glycolic acid peel but you were scared doing more damage to your skin? BUY IT, seriously if I can do it so can you!!

what kind of skin type do you have? Are you asian?

Well I'm japanese, so I have that light asian skintone for those who are curious. I purchased the acid on amazon.com found here http://www.amazon.com/Glycolic-Acid-Peel-3...9270&sr=8-1

I've been on tazorac, differin, and used acv topically though they have made some improvement it's nothing to the results I've achieved in a matter of 3 days just off 1 peel. To give an example of how bad my cheeks were because of hyperpigmentation, they looked like they were slapped for 3 days straight. My cheeks were red as a baboon's ass and though it is still red right now I can tell that the redness has died down drastically. Now I just hope I haven't jinxed myself :P

Well I go to an esthician and they put 40% (: Well i took another picture today and It looks really goodd(: but i have tiny dents that look horrible in the sun :[[ but not that noticablee

Honestly i use to break out once a week and get nasty pimples, but i used BP 5% from Jan Marini and BOY those things sure kill pimples away. After the peels i barely got any pimples afterwards, except one or two which is normal cause the peel gets the shit off ur face (: HAHA. but yeah ill upload another picture to show the REAL difference, cause those pictures arn't showing much -_-

TO DUCHAMP:

thank you!! I too around 3 weeks? Cause you can only do ONE peel a week.

Basically right after the peeel your skin would feel kind of stingyy the first time, but for me my skin was VERY tolerable so it wasn't so bad (depends really on ur skin) It can be red to slighty red. ( depends on the PERCENT of Gly. Peel. substance you use.) Over the course of the next couple days ur skin will start to improve. SOME people start to get little flaky. for me people i wasn't so flaky. Only the first time, but MOISTUERZIERS help soo much <333 BTW: you can start to break out vcause the GLYCOLIC gets rid of the nasty stuff, but its normal and GOOD that you do since u know its working. for me i ddin't get HUGE breakouts. just a one or two blemishs. the redness subsides in the a few hours to around 2 days? HOnestly you can go out the next day, but i suggest kind of rest ur face so like do a peel on friday night and stay home on the weekends? somtimes thats what i do (:! and if u wear make up i suggest you put it on like 2 days after the peel. HAHA i once put it right after my peeel which is fine...my makeup was soo thick cause of all the sunscreeen and lotion that was slabbed on my face -_-; HAHA but yeah

well i hope that was enough info! just ask more questions if needed!.

IM GETTIN GMY NEXT peel this WED. (: 4th one! update then!

yhha ur welcome!

i used 40% glyolic acid and im pretty sure 35% would be good to start off with (:

update tommorw!

Your pores looked really clogged, so maybe some mild retinoids could help with unclogging your pores, pushing all the gunk to the surface and maybe even fading some of that hyperpigmentation. When I tried a glycolic peel from DiannaYvonne 35% my face literally scabbed up.

It looked like I had my face cut open and the wounds were scabbing up and healing, they were brown, thick and crusty. I couldn't go out and was extremely depressed, but when they fell off their was not ONE scar/trace of hyperpigmentation in sight so I guess it burnt of the scar tissue. Right after that I was still self-concious about my skin and I reverted to my old habits of packing on the makeup, and what do you know, acne + brown marks were cropping up all over the place but now I've been using mama lotion + retinoids and my skin is amazing.

^ BEFORE i started peel I used FACTOR A plus from JAnMarini that has retinods in it, but during peels its NOT suggested to use retinods so maybe after im done ill go back to it !!!

hahahah

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL NEWW PICS.

AHH i dont know im sitll thinking GLYCOLIC PEEL>>

DIDN"T DO EVERYTHIGN TO CLEAR THINGS UP.

Very tempted to try this as i have mostly acne scars.

However i still do have some spots, so is it not a good idea to use this will still some acne around?

How do i apply it also? Just dab it on a cloth or?

Thanks.

^

^

im not sure how its applied...causeee my esthician applies it so u should check it out...

im not sure what a jessner peel is so why dont u go loko it up to se eee (:!

^

^

im not sure how its applied...causeee my esthician applies it so u should check it out...

im not sure what a jessner peel is so why dont u go loko it up to se eee (:!

Hi there!!!

wow, great improvement there from the pics you're showing. I'm very happy for ya!

I just got my glycolic acid 30% from this site Bravura london

http://www.bravuralondon.co.uk/index.php?m...;products_id=36

Would like to know what do you think about this brand? I'm scared to use it as I'm not sure whether it is like what you guys are using.

Also, do check out my pics from my profile on my red marks. Do you think i should try to use glycolic acid 30% on my face to get rid of them?

Thanks yea...i appreciate any comments there.

Hello SheekXD,

Thanks for your reply. Like you, i'm a fair skinned , however, i have much worse skin condition and scars which i'm not sure what i'm going to do about it. sigh.

Tried the peel tht day, waiting for my next one. But i don't really see much peeling though. is tht suppose to be so for the first peel?

post-73563-1219627155_thumb.jpg

post-73563-1219627155_thumb.jpg

. hang in there. those might take awhile hun (:

this takse patient. did 6 and STILL scars are there. haha just less noticable u know?

if u type in GLYCOLIC PEEL REVIEW on this site, they have amazing reviews.

u REALLY dont notice BIG differenceee until the 2-4th peel.

butt keep updated!

i was wondering if u all think my skin would be good for

the glycolic peel, and if not what should i do for my skin.

straight answers pleeease!

p.s. can u buy glycolic acid at a pharmacy?

P1010506.jpg

here is a pic of my hell

i was wondering if u all think my skin would be good for

the glycolic peel, and if not what should i do for my skin.

straight answers pleeease!

p.s. can u buy glycolic acid at a pharmacy?

P1010506.jpg

here is a pic of my hell

Hi there. From your skin condition, hmm, have you tried dan's regime or his bp?

For me, it really works... (apple cider vinegar can help too)

Personally, i think you need to get rid of the pimples /flare ups first then move on to treating the marks to get clear skin.

I'm not sure if using glycolic peels at this stage is effective for the skin..

not sure...but hang in there !!!

. hang in there. those might take awhile hun (:

this takse patient. did 6 and STILL scars are there. haha just less noticable u know?

if u type in GLYCOLIC PEEL REVIEW on this site, they have amazing reviews.

u REALLY dont notice BIG differenceee until the 2-4th peel.

butt keep updated!

Yep, you're right....i saw amazing reviews indeed..Thanks yea!,

I'll keep an update here about my skin condition on using glycolic acid.

can't wait to notice the "big difference" :D

Here's looking forward to my ----

2nd peel....2nd peel....2nd peeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEl......

How is your skin now?? =) I'm getting my first glycolic peel done next tuesday and I'm super nervous! I hope that my skin will tolerate it, I'm vietnamese!!!! I have a bunch of red marks on my chin after a bad hormonal breakout and hopefully the peel will get rid of them. Do you have any current pics of your skin???