Notifications
Clear all

I think citrus fruits are the cause of the acne I get sometimes on one side of my face....

MemberMember
(@rebeccadewinter)

Posted : 08/08/2008 10:55 am

About a month or so back I was drinking a large glass of lemon juice every morning. I had a horrible horrible cystic breakout on one side of my face. At that time I wasn't sure if it was fish oil or the lemon juice. I stopped the lemon juice and fish oil and cleared up. One week I had pineapple and I got a new cystic zit on that side(I know pineapple isn't a citrus fruit but it is also acidic?) Last week I was on vacation so I didn't have to much choice in what I ate. We had Mexican a lot and I usually got fajitas and salsa (lime or lemon juice in the salsa) and I always had at least one zit on that side. Once I came back home and resumed my normal diet w/o citrus fruit, I had completely clear skin for about 4 days. Then yesterday at work we had to sample supplements, one was vitamin C with orange flavor and citric acid. I have a new cyst today.....Think it was the supplements? I also posted last night wondering is "orange flavor" will affect me. It's the Carlson Orange flavored fish oil I purchased last night.

MemberMember
(@hanzuno)

Posted : 08/08/2008 1:19 pm

Orange juice breaks me out bad. I don't think you would be affected with the orange flavor because I use carlson lemon flavored fish oil, and it hasn't affected me, i dunno

MemberMember
(@sally299)

Posted : 02/07/2014 7:19 am

it happened to me as well. i was searching for ' happy fruits' and i found oranges which i love the taste and does not make me gain weight. it's been one week and i get small breakout all over my forehead. i'm gonna stop it now.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/07/2014 8:18 pm

You can have a citric acid intolerance in which case you need to be careful with many fruits besides citrus. Or you can have an allergy o proteins in various citric fruits. I break out from oranges & a few other citrus and I seems to be an allergic response because even a tiny amount can cause a reaction. Must I don't break out from lemons or Persian limes

MemberMember
(@leooo)

Posted : 02/13/2014 8:44 pm

Same. My skin feels inflammed after I munch on some tangerines. I'm taking them out from my diet for 10 days to see how things go.

MemberMember
(@mondingo)

Posted : 01/13/2022 8:58 am

Yes citrus fruits do cause acne and bumps on your skin! it all can cause a bump or blister in your mouth or tongue, its citrus acidthat cause it, So i suggest you stay away from the fruits thats cause you to break out! Or reduce the amount that you consume at a time! BUT YES CITRUSFRUITS DO CAUSE ACNE AND CITRUSHARD BUMPS ON YOUR FACE !Also be careful withthese HARD BUMPS, sometimesthey just go away on their own, they rearlycome to head! so wait to see if it comes to head and if it do thenjust pick it and squeeze it lighty, dont do heavy squeezing because it can cause ti to get worst! once you clear the pus out let it drain, them dub with cotton with alcohol, and just leave it alone, usually it will go away on its own! DONTTROUBLE IT, OR IT WILL LEAVE A MARK!