Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

Deodorant

Guest missyjean130

Kay,so it's pretty warm in my house...and ever since I switched to Tom's of Maine deodorant I have smelled BO for the first time on me that I can Remember! That stuff sucks.

My problem with my old deodorant before that is,it left white marks on my black tops.

So I need something better that will leave me smelling nice and won't leave white marks on clothes...help please =(

(sorry if this thread is a tad on the gross side lol)

edit: oh and don't give me aluminum free brands...they don't cause much of a health risk(supposedly none at all),and it's better than smelling and sweating lol http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/979079376.html

I use the Secret clear gel- it comes in a lot of nice smells and even if you get it on your clothing, it dries clear. The only downside is that I've noticed that it seems to bleach out certain turquoise/blue-green dyes upon contact. I used the Secret clear solid for a while but it was only clear relative to a white solid.

I use Secret Flawless and it's pretty good, I like just about all of Secret's deoderants though because they have a higher percentage of the deoderizing ingredient than most [i think it's 19%, whereas most have only about 15-16%]. I had been using Secret Clinical Strength too for a while, which worked well but it left the worst white marks I've ever seen so you probably wouldn't like that

certain dri AM stick actually goes on clear which is weird because all the other sticks i have tried have NOT gone on clear. this stuff is amazing! and when combined with certain dri PM your sweating/BO problem should be history!

I have heard that Secret Clinical is really good for sweat control, but it sounds like it may leave marks on your clothes. I'm going to try it anyway when I run out the regular Secret Invisible Solid that I have. I do like Dove a lot, but it's not quite strong enough for me. Smells great though. Oh, and do you let your deodorant dry a bit before you put your shirts on? I find if I get any deodorant, even in the "clear" or "invisible" version, it'll leave marks on my clothes if I don't wait a bit before dressing.

Guest missyjean130

=O I didn't even know they made deodorant for PM.

Does certain dri have any sort of fragrance to it?

Certain Dri PM every other evening and then Mitchum for Women in the morning. until i started using the certain dri i was never able to find something that would stop the excessive sweating. certain dri is the shit...... :D

I use Secret, but I'm looking to kick it up a notch. Can you buy certain dri and mitchum in regular stores or do you ordem them online only?

Secret Clinical is really good, it smells great and helps keep the sweatiness to a minimum. I put in on after I get out of the shower so it is dry by the time I put my clothes on. Also if I get up and don't put on deoderant (If I have not showered or whatever) I don't smell. It works really good!

=O I didn't even know they made deodorant for PM.

Does certain dri have any sort of fragrance to it?

oh yeah - the PM is the shit - the AM is more of a freshener - the PM version does the heavy duty work. there is no fragrance to it. that's why i use the mitchum in the AM for the deodorant benefits.

Certain Dri PM every other evening and then Mitchum for Women in the morning. until i started using the certain dri i was never able to find something that would stop the excessive sweating. certain dri is the shit...... :D

I use Secret, but I'm looking to kick it up a notch. Can you buy certain dri and mitchum in regular stores or do you ordem them online only?

you can get them at any local store - i get mine @ Target....... Mitchum is the same thing as Secret Clinical but waaaay cheaper... if you look @ the active ingredient for both you'll see it's the exact same thing.......strength and all......

I'll be in the USA next week so I'm going to look for Certain Dri PM...couldn't find it here. I did find Mitchum though!

sweet!!!!!