Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurMEOW

Music that affects your mood?

I know a lot of times when I have had a bad day, usually involving stressing out about acne, music can play a big part in affecting my mood. I was just wondering if anyone here has any personal favorite songs that help them forget about everything or just music that puts you in a good mood. On the flip side, do you know of any music that seems to make everything worse?

When I am in a bad mood this CD makes me feel better instantly-DeLoused in the Comatorium by the Mars Volta. Now that I think about it, the story on the CD is very sad but it makes me want to dance and sing my little heart out.

Elliott Smith usually makes me sad. I love his music and listen to it all the time but if I hear it when I am sad it just makes me more sad.

When I am in a bad mood this CD makes me feel better instantly-DeLoused in the Comatorium by the Mars Volta. Now that I think about it, the story on the CD is very sad but it makes me want to dance and sing my little heart out.

Elliott Smith usually makes me sad. I love his music and listen to it all the time but if I hear it when I am sad it just makes me more sad.

Ohh, I have to agree with Elliott Smith. For some reason when I hear Needle in the Hay I get all moody. Haha.

Usually the more passionate prog bands really help me unwind.

Seventh Wonder, Scott Mosher, Tomorrow's Eve, Pathosray, Mind's Eye, Pallas, Dreamscape, earlier Dream Theater, Rush, Winds etc

The same music that makes me feel worse can also make me feel better. Upbeat happy music can be good to distract me, but other times it mocks me and irritates me. Sad music can make me feel good as it provides an outlet of sorts, but then other times it makes me wallow & feel worse.

The Smiths are my favorite for when I feel bad, because no one expresses these feelings as articulately as the Mozzer :cool::D

Guest missyjean130

Any song by Mindless self Indulgence...they're crazy and uppity,you can't stay feeling sad while listening to them.

If I have a bad memory attatched to a certain song,it'll out into a bad mood if I listen to it...Practically every Hoobastank song angers me because of that lol

I tend to listen to really sappy 80's love songs, journey,foriegner, etc. It kind of makes me happy lol. But i can't listen at night otherwise i feel lonely :boohoo::boohoo:

"Good to Sea You" or "Crutch" by Pinback. Pure joy for your ears! "Dashboard" from Modest Mouse is so swinging you can't help but be taken in.

Built to Spill tracks like "Broken Chairs" and "Trains" have a nice mix of sad but peppy. Sometimes a sad mood just demands to be acknowledged though. Then tracks like "Sentimental" and "How is your life today?" from Porcupine Tree are in order.

Paint the silence- South

Polaris- Jimmy eat World.

Two songs that for me are the very expression of beauty.

This is such a cool question! :dance:

Music is such a healer. In general, anything that was produced before I was born or made in the 80's when I was a child makes me feel better. It's because it was music, a human expression, created before I, or any of my problems, existed. Something about listening to music that existed before my problems calms me right down.

Gregorian chant instantly soothes me, so does instrumental (like Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven, Lizst, Rachmaninoff, etc)...

But for more modern, Jack Johnson! He is the man for me, music wise. As for specific songs, Beautiful, Christina Aguilera; I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2; The World I Know, Collective Soul; Bruised But Not Broken, Joss Stone; You Can't Always Get What You Want, Rolling Stones; Miniature Disasters, KT Tunstall; Edge of the Ocean, Ivy...

-- Jess

Mozart, Rachmaninoff

<33333

Love the other composers too, but they are among my favorites. Especially Mozart. You can't be in a bad mood after you listen to Mozart

I like it cause its exactly how I feel, but ends on a hopeful note :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6hmLvaLcQ

I was so unique

Now I feel skin deep

I count on the make-up to cover it all

Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention

I thought I could be strong

But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?

I'm dying for new life

[Chorus]

I want to be beautiful

Make you stand in awe

Look inside my heart,

and be amazed

I want to hear you say

Who I am is quite enough

Just want to be worthy of love

And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me

Fighting to make the mirror happy

Trying to find whatever is missing

Won't you help me back to glory

[Chorus]

You make me beautiful

You make me stand in awe

You step inside my heart, and I am amazed

I love to hear You say

Who I am is quite enough

You make me worthy of love and beautiful

When I'm down and often even when I'm happy I try to listen to lots of soul music, particularly Isley brothers, Otis Redding and Northern Soul. Recently listened to the Duffy album and it sits well alongside songs like these.

When Im feeling a bit inbetween (frequently) its the Verve, the Smiths and acoustic Weller who prod my thinkybits.

Lately I'll pop in a Weezer disc to lift my spirits if I'm feeling down, as they always seem to do the trick. Another all-time fav, Bright Eyes, will either sometimes bring me down further if I'm already depressed (haha) or alternately, strangely enough, console me as I can identify with some of the feelings expressed on his earlier albums. (But to people in general, I'd never recommend him if you're a tad on the depressed side). I like this thread.

Ohh, I have to agree with Elliott Smith. For some reason when I hear Needle in the Hay I get all moody. Haha.

The Smiths are my favorite for when I feel bad, because no one expresses these feelings as articulately as the Mozzer :cool::D

+1

When I'm miserable listening to Moz makes me feel like I'm not alone in my misery.

I listen to techno, goo goo dolls, and all sortsa music that puts me in a good mood. Or at least doesn't make me feel worse.

Pretty much anything by Linkin Park and Three Days Grace makes me feel down though.

Lately I'll pop in a Weezer disc to lift my spirits if I'm feeling down, as they always seem to do the trick. Another all-time fav, Bright Eyes, will either sometimes bring me down further if I'm already depressed (haha) or alternately, strangely enough, console me as I can identify with some of the feelings expressed on his earlier albums. (But to people in general, I'd never recommend him if you're a tad on the depressed side). I like this thread.

Needle in the Hay!!!! Excellent song, totally forgot about that one.

YEAHHH! Bright Eyes!

I like Mineral too. and the Fall of Troy. and Brand New.

+1

When I'm miserable listening to Moz makes me feel like I'm not alone in my misery.

Yep, no one understands self pity like Morrissey :)