Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q_P

How should I dilute 100% Tea Tree Oil?

Today I bought Desert Essence 100% Tea Tree Oil to use instead of the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide I've been using because I'm worried about what putting chemicals on my skin for extended periods of time might be doing. I think my skin has finally had enough of all of the chemicals I've slopped on it for the past eight years! Anyway, I diluted the TTO with water tonight, but I was wondering if diluting it with the Jojoba oil I use as a moisturizer would be better. Does tea tree oil even mix with water at all?

Jojoba should be OK, particularly if you've used it before and it works with your skin type.

Tea tree oil isn't much good with water in my experience, even if you emulsify it with a detergent; you need something oily that it can diffuse through.

I use the Dessert Essence Tea Tree Oil face wash and I love it!! Been using it for a year now and my skin has been clear for a year so..guess it helped?? Might give it a try :surprised:
Where can you buy Dessert Essence Tea Tree Oil? I'm interested in using it as a toner.
I got mine at Trader Joe's, and I think they sell it at Whole Foods. Amazon.com also has it, but it's more expensive.

you can get dessert essence stuff at vitacost.com. I am not familiar with trader joes but vitacost is super cheap for my vitamins and oils. Do a search for 'vitacost.com coupon codes' theres some floating around that get you 8% off your entire order.