Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Will $3000 be enough to pay for accutane?

hmmm lets see...it costed me 100 for derm for each month, 300 for accutane, and 100 for bloodtest...so total for me will cost 600+1800+600=exactly 3000, lol, but thats for me...could be more or less for others...plus im on the generic version of accutane. this is for a 6 month course.

I'm in the US, but with my insurance, derm visits are only $15, and blood tests are free. I haven't gotten Accutane yet, but I think it'll be rather cheap since the insurance covers it. I'm sorry you have to pay so much. =[

$3000 woah man ... it cost me like $130 for 1st visit of derm and i got $117 bak from that, $70 for each visit after that to derm and got back $57 and (ro)accutane cost like $90 and i got like $78 back ....here in austrlaia the Govt. pays for most.. were r u living?

$3000 woah man ... it cost me like $130 for 1st visit of derm and i got $117 bak from that, $70 for each visit after that to derm and got back $57 and (ro)accutane cost like $90 and i got like $78 back ....here in austrlaia the Govt. pays for most.. were r u living?

Yup, I'm in New Zealand and the govt subsidises most things for us as well...accutane is free under dermatologist prescription, even without insurance (I ended up paying about $100 for everything, including derm visits and full accutane prescription). I can't believe the amount some of you have to pay - that really sucks balls :(

it costed me 25 bucks for my whole 6 months get health care its cheaper to have that for 6 months then to spend three grand on pills that may or may not work out for you

Yea I have to pay a lot for my tane too. I am a contractor with my job so I don't get health insurance. Wal Mart is by far the cheapest place to get tane(claravis) It was $300 cheaper than CVS Pharmacy for 40 mg!!

has anyone gotten it from Costco? i'm curious how much accutane is there.

accutane at costco is 127 where im from...but i get it from walmart and its 116 (im taking 20mg of claravis). you can call in and ask them.

im from the uk where it is free on the NHS, i went private as i didnt want to wait 6 months on a waiting list just to see a derm! in total accutane will of cost be arounf £500, so about $1000. USA is a rip off for medical care!

An individual health insurance plan with a low deductible ($500 is low these days), prescription drug coverage, blood test coverage, and derm coverage is going to be insanely expensive. I am from Florida and have never been on an insurance plan that covers derm visits. I am not sure whether it's because this is skin cancer central or what, but it's just accepted that we're not going to get coverage. It does vary by state though so you might be able to find something.

HOLY CRAP!!! $3000?! Where do you guys live? :unsure:

Yea, we pay wayyy too much here in the US, ESPECIALLY if you don't have healthcare. I'd say to look into gettin an insurance. I am sure the premium and the co pays may be cheaper. I wouldn't even have the $3000 to spend...luckily my boss provides insurance...but that's only while I work here. If not I am S.O.L.

Will $3000 be enough to pay for one course of accutane? Also, do you think it will be cheaper to get insurance and pay the deductible?

My insurance was $20 per visit, $8 for blood work, $10 for generic accutane and $10 for birth control pills. $300 yearly copay. Our insurance is through my husband's work and I don't know how much we pay per month and how much the company pays.

Sorry, wish I could be more help.

it costed me 25 bucks for my whole 6 months get health care its cheaper to have that for 6 months then to spend three grand on pills that may or may not work out for you

Hey, Matt! I grew up in Lancaster! On J-4. near El Dorado elementary. I was there for the first space shuttle tests. The 70's and 80's were a great time to be there. Don't know much about it now. I drove to our old home and, sheesh, what a pit. My old neighborhood went to pot, for sure.

has anyone gotten it from Costco? i'm curious how much accutane is there.

accutane at costco is 127 where im from...but i get it from walmart and its 116 (im taking 20mg of claravis). you can call in and ask them.

Which generic do they give at Costco?