Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Homer0001

Any super harsh creams for hypertrophics?

Got some nice little hypertrophic fuckers (;)) on my shoulders and chest, and really would prefer a topical remedy. Is there any harsh topical treatments out there? A cream, acid, anything? Is there a cortisone cream instead of the injections?

These things suck big time and I hate hearing derms say I'm pretty much fucked. I know you guys know more than they do :)

EDIT: Topical cortisone sounds like it might work, but what's wrong with it? I mean, since I don't see any discussion here about it, I assume there's something wrong with it.

I'm in a similar position to you.

I don't know if i should give one of those silicon gels a try (dermatrix..) a try or buy a cortisone gel.

I think I might just give dermatrix a try.

I'm in the same position. However, I think the reason there are no creams is because nothing is effective, especially as a cream.

I don't know if i should give one of those silicon gels a try (dermatrix..) a try or buy a cortisone gel.

I tried silicon pads for about a month. Some good reviews can be found about them...but not from me. I gave them up after a month because 1. They weren't working (I know it takes months, but still) 2. It would be very expensive to maintain for months on end, and 3. Sweat made them fall off, especially on my chest.

I tried silicon pads for about a month. Some good reviews can be found about them...but not from me. I gave them up after a month because 1. They weren't working (I know it takes months, but still) 2. It would be very expensive to maintain for months on end, and 3. Sweat made them fall off, especially on my chest.

What about the gels that you simply rub in?

They are pretty expensive, so I don't if I want to waste my money on it if its not going to work.

I might go to a GP and demand they give me a cortisone injection in the couple that are particularly red/large.

What about the gels that you simply rub in?

They are pretty expensive, so I don't if I want to waste my money on it if its not going to work.

I might go to a GP and demand they give me a cortisone injection in the couple that are particularly red/large.

Silicon gels I'd imagine would be less helpful because I think some of the theory behind the pads is that the constant pressure helps lower the scars. I'm just like you too in terms of money--I have no intention on spending a lot of money especially since nothing is sure to work. For example the injections--even though they are the most popular treatment, I'm not going to do those because 1. i hate needles, 2. i hate needles, 3. expensive, and 4. plenty of people have said the scars just raise back up after a while.

Look at the scarless healing thread and try to locate doctors who are trying out ACell. Look into excisions possibly. Creams just won't cut it if you look anything like me.