Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The King of all Media

I'm finally going to start the regimen!

I've finally decided to begin the DKR regimen. This was something I was going to do back in January but just kept putting it off.

Anyway, I know I need to buy the starter kit but I'm wondering should I also pick up the jojoba oil and the AHA as well?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, I appreciate it.

Good to see your starting the regimen. I would recommend you get Dans BP because of the value and superiority to other 2.5% BP's. Your gonna get alot of different answers on which moisturizers work best, so i recommend you do your research. I personally like Complex 15 moisturizer, and Cetaphil face moisturizer if im going out in the sun. Jojoba oil is very nice, its feels very good and moisturizes nicely, a little goes a long way also. For AHA, I would recommend getting it after all your active acne is gone, it works wonders on red marks and evening skin tone. Imo, Cetaphil gentle cleansing wash is the by far the best cleanser on the market, it doesn't irritate and its great for everyday use.

I'm afraid that the most important thing in this regimen is patience, it will work if you give it time.

Best of luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Well I currently have Cetaphil Cleanser & Moisturizer at home. I wasn't sure if I should first try all of Dan's products to see how they work. Or if I should just use his BP and use my Cetaphil products.

I don't have pics but I would say the best way to describe my acne is mild. It worsens a lot after I shave. I have tried tons of different shaving methods but none have worked. It's so frustrating because my acne and red marks will go down after 3 of 4 days from when I shaved but then of course it is time to shave again and then my face looks like crap for a few days and the cycle just repeats.

I'm hoping the DKR regimen helps and hopefully I can decide by tomorrow which products to buy.

It worsens a lot after I shave. I have tried tons of different shaving methods but none have worked. It's so frustrating because my acne and red marks will go down after 3 of 4 days from when I shaved but then of course it is time to shave again and then my face looks like crap for a few days and the cycle just repeats.

*drumroll* ..... electric shaver!

It worsens a lot after I shave. I have tried tons of different shaving methods but none have worked. It's so frustrating because my acne and red marks will go down after 3 of 4 days from when I shaved but then of course it is time to shave again and then my face looks like crap for a few days and the cycle just repeats.

*drumroll* ..... electric shaver!

I tried that a few years ago and didn't see any improvement but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Is there one in particular that you would recommend. I gotta find something, I dunno how much longer I can take this crap!

Anyway, I think I'm gonna order the starter kit today. I'm also thinking I might as well just get the AHA and jojoba since I will probably need that as well.

Check this link for some advice on shaving: http://www.acne.org/guide-to-shaving.html

I too have bad experiences with electrical shavers. Good luck with the regimen!

Hey thanks for the link. I have checked that out before and unfortunately it didn't work. However, I was not using the Acne.org cleanser as shaving cream so maybe that was an issue. Even after just taking a shower w/o shaving still isn't great. My face definitely comes out looking worse than it was before I went in.

I'm just hoping by following the regimen strictly that I can minimize or eliminate these problems. There is nothing more frustrating than having to time when you shave and take a shower just so you don't have to look like crap!

Maybe desinfecting your blades will help avoid spreading bacteria. Or use disposable blades for a while, see if that helps.

Shaving creams and gels are also important. Maybe you're not using the right one for you.

Also, don't wait too long before shaving. The longer the hairs, the more irritating.

Maybe desinfecting your blades will help avoid spreading bacteria. Or use disposable blades for a while, see if that helps.

Shaving creams and gels are also important. Maybe you're not using the right one for you.

Also, don't wait too long before shaving. The longer the hairs, the more irritating.

Thanks for the tips. Two problems it could be then.

1. I am definitely waiting too long to shave. If I didn't have this problem I would shave normally, 2-3 days. But because of how crappy I look after I shave I always put it off as long as possible, usually 5 days.

2. Also, I am not using a disposables but just using the blade Dan had recommended. I believe it is a two blade Gillette Sensor Excel or something like that.

Prior to shaving, my red marks aren't that visible but after I shave it looks horrible. Plus whatever acne is on my face becomes ten times worse!

I'm also hoping Dan's regimen will help too. I am looking to start that next week so hopefully I'll be clear soon.

The red marks and whatever little active acne just seems to be sensitive to anything. Even when I get out of the shower they are much more visible than before going in.

Well we will see what happens. I guess I will first try shaving more often and see if that helps.

But like I said I will be starting the regimen next week so I am really hoping that helps.

Has anyone noticed if the regimen also helps with the red marks? I was planning on doing the regimen for 4-5 weeks and then begin using the AHA.

In my experience, benzoyl peroxide makes red marks much worse (in terms of both appearance and longevity). I was a very fast healer before I started using the regimen; red marks used to take about two weeks to fade, at the most. However, after three months of applying BP, a lot of my marks are almost as bad as when I started.

I would just start with the starter kit and see how it goes with that. I've heard that you should be on the regimen and clear for a while before you try the AHA. If you're lucky, you won't need the jojoba oil.

Okay, thanks. My acne is not that bad, for the most part, so hopefully the regimen can help finally clear it up. The annoying part is it is never that bad but always consistent, never a day in the last 5 yrs where I have been completely clear.

Hey! I hope you have good luck with the regimen! I'm doing good on it so far, and my acnes are also very persistant, but not too bad. I am planning on using it for at least 3 months then starting AHA to fade my marks and chiz. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the warm wishes. I hope to have the same success.

Sad night. :( Just took a shower and shaved since my family has a bunch of people coming over and as usual I look like crap! I just have to get clear, this feeling for the last few years of being miserable and not wanting to see family and friends has to stop soon. I should be like everyone else, excited and joyed, to be with everyone and instead I'm miserable just at the thought...