Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it OK to use my cleanser after my BP application?

If I apply BP cleanser and then my Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleanser Bar that has moisturizer in it then I won't have an extra layer of extra stuff on my face (if it was the other way around I'd have to apply external moisturizer because BP dries out skin).

Well by doing that aren't you sort of cleansing off the BP? You want that to get absorbed by your skin and stay there. Especially if you're just starting the regimen, you should probably follow it pretty close.. and you'll probably need a lot of moisturizer anyway. :think:

(or have you been on the regimen for a while?)

Guest anonymous

first of all toss the cleanser with moisturizer or put it on the shelf for awhile get a mild non irritating cleanser (regular cetaphil or something similiar) and some kind of bp along with a light moisturizer. or keep using the cleanser you have with the bp in it and get some light moisturizer. finding a good one is tricky people on here like the olay one with spf. i use the biore nourish with moisturizer. there are several others do a search. you can't try to treat your acne with bp and clean your face twice in a row and worst of all wash all of the medicated cleanser off??

first of all toss the cleanser with moisturizer or put it on the shelf for awhile get a mild non irritating cleanser (regular cetaphil or something similiar) and some kind of bp along with a light moisturizer. or keep using the cleanser you have with the bp in it and get some light moisturizer. finding a good one is tricky people on here like the olay one with spf. i use the biore nourish with moisturizer. there are several others do a search. you can't try to treat your acne with bp and clean your face twice in a row and worst of all wash all of the medicated cleanser off??

That bar cleanser was the best idea ever. Its VERY mild and anti-bacterial PLUS it has moisturizer in it. Using it by itself reduced acne and made my skin hydrated (very strong, everything healths so much faster).

BP was I use once a day doesn't dry my skin or make it peel. It works without breaksouts and its the best regimen I ever had.

I just wondered if BP cleansers still work if you wash with regular cleanser afterwards. I figured unlike gels, BP washes only act on skin when you actually use it on face. But I guess it still works after rinsing...