Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Weird feeling in abdomen

Okay... so I was off gluten for 6 months... and my stomach felt awesome... no bloating or cramping. I had to recently go back on it to have a celiac test done... the first two weeks I was on it I felt fine in the stomach area except for a bit more gas... and I was really really tired all the time. But now it is the third week and I am getting that familiar "blocked, knotted" feeling in my lower abdomen. It literally feeling like there is something stuck in my intestine, like something is blocking them. The feeling makes me anxious and I feel like I should be able tp pass gas but I rarely happens and I am stuck with the feeling all day.

The whole point to this, is gluten seems to make me feel this way because before I quit I always had this problem. What if my gluten test comes back negative???? Then I have to face my friends and family and tell them that I still want to be gluten free cause it makes me feel better? They will hate me for it. They get so annoyed that I already wont eat certain things. They are so mean sometimes cause they think I make things up... Like when my mom asked how I was doing eating gluten again, I told her I felt really tired and gasy.... and just when I thought she was actually caring about my problem she says "oh gawd, it's all in your head" and she rolls her eyes... like bullshit. UGH I was was so mad and my whole family and friends treat the situation this way. I feel like if my test comes back negative I will be stuck eating gluten for the rest of my life and feeling like crap because my friends and family dont support me. I HATE it.... SO sick of this.

Aww sweetie! Don't let them control your future! I've been truly gluten free for about 2.5 months now - my parents think I'm crazy, and take every opportunity to say things like 'bread is the staff of life' or 'bread has been around since bible times'

bahhh! Whatever - they don't know my body like I do. I accidentally 'glutened' myself (still don't know with what) - omg I was sick for 2 days. Took two weeks to recover fully. I actually went to the dr because I needed a note for work and told what was up. He actually believed me :lol: Sad that that is heartening, but it was! You get so used to people dismissing everything, the negativity eats it's way in and takes up residence.

At any rate - I feel the same as you when I eat gluten - bloated, tired, cranky - and it took months to feel better - but when it took hold, holy cow! I'm a different person gluten free - energized, happy, outgoing (I've always been an introvert).

You do what you feel is best for you - don't let them determine your happiness. You'll always find support here :D

If the test comes back negative, you might not be celiac, you might just be gluten intolerant.

Around ½% of the world's population is Celiac. This means ~1 in 200 people.

However new evidence shows Non-Celiac Gluten intolerance is around 30 times more prevalent. Up to 15% of people or 1 in 7 are Gluten Sensitive and suffer the same symptoms. These are people who test negative or inconclusive for Celiac Disease. They are known as Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitive (NCGS).

The most accurate and clinically effective way to identify NCGS is the Elimination Diet.

All Gluten sensitive people improve dramatically on a Gluten-free diet.

Aw thanks Ayla! You made me feel better :). Wow you are REALLY affected by gluten hey? Does it help your skin when you dont eat it? It sure didnt help mine, which was odd because it was making me feel better inside.... but I was breaking out more than ever.

Anyway, I'm glad I can find support here :).... your parents do sound like mine.... Lol my mom was like "well you are going to lose even more weight if you are allergic to gluten and you cant eat any wheat!!" i laughed at her and said that if I am celiac I should gain weight being off gluten becuase my intestines can heal properly and absorb more nutrients. And after I say this she looks at me liek I spoke another language and still sticks to her option as if bread is like gold or something. GAH! So annoying lol.

Anyway, I am glad you feel better now that you are healing! Your intestines must be thanking you :).

Aww sweetie! Don't let them control your future! I've been truly gluten free for about 2.5 months now - my parents think I'm crazy, and take every opportunity to say things like 'bread is the staff of life' or 'bread has been around since bible times'

bahhh! Whatever - they don't know my body like I do. I accidentally 'glutened' myself (still don't know with what) - omg I was sick for 2 days. Took two weeks to recover fully. I actually went to the dr because I needed a note for work and told what was up. He actually believed me :lol: Sad that that is heartening, but it was! You get so used to people dismissing everything, the negativity eats it's way in and takes up residence.

At any rate - I feel the same as you when I eat gluten - bloated, tired, cranky - and it took months to feel better - but when it took hold, holy cow! I'm a different person gluten free - energized, happy, outgoing (I've always been an introvert).

You do what you feel is best for you - don't let them determine your happiness. You'll always find support here :D

If the test comes back negative, you might not be celiac, you might just be gluten intolerant.

Around ½% of the world's population is Celiac. This means ~1 in 200 people.

However new evidence shows Non-Celiac Gluten intolerance is around 30 times more prevalent. Up to 15% of people or 1 in 7 are Gluten Sensitive and suffer the same symptoms. These are people who test negative or inconclusive for Celiac Disease. They are known as Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitive (NCGS).

The most accurate and clinically effective way to identify NCGS is the Elimination Diet.

All Gluten sensitive people improve dramatically on a Gluten-free diet.

http://www.foodintol.com/celiac.asp

This is a very real problem. There are a ton of people on the Gluten-Free Forums who say that their celiac tests come back negative, yet they still have a really bad reaction to gluten! So they decide to keep avoiding it.

I don't even know if I'm really celiac because I never had a biopsy done because I'm not willing to go through the gluten dietary challenge. So officially I just tell people I'm gluten intolerant, which is really a more accurate label IMO.

You could consider celiac as the most severe form of gluten intolerance, but there are many other less severe forms of gluten intolerance that are widespread in the world population. Gluten is just a food that many people have poor genetic adaptations to, much like soy and dairy, so it is going to be problematic for a ton of people.

I do believe that for sure.... I just wish othe people would understand. Like my family is so bad about giving me a hard time that I would consider lying about the results of the test LOL... if it comes out negative. I know that sounds bad but I am sick of having to constantly defend myself... And I dont lie very well LOL... I feel awful and I get stressed.... I would have to lie to everyone about it. This is so awful... I shouldnt even have to consider this.... I wish they could just support me.

Personally I would lie about it if it came out negative. Some people need science to believe the truth. Milk has been around forever as well, and there are plenty of people who are intolerant to dairy/ lactose intolerant.

I heard a stand up comic make a joke about something like this.

It was about how people hassle alcoholics and people who don't drink about not drinking, and no one hassles lactose intolerant people for not eating cheese and drinking milk. I think it was Jim Gafaugon (Sp?).

It's a shame your family and friends aren't supportive though. Hopefully a positive test makes them a little more understanding.

I kind of know what your talking about. My family ordered pizza yesterday and they are like "What do you want?" They asked me like 4 times despite me saying, "I am going to make my own dinner." I even was already cooking the last two times they asked me. (I think subconsciously they might be insecure with eating food renowned as unhealthy? Or they are concerned with my weight since I'm slender.)

I think it's ironic in such a capitalist society people are striving for the "best" materialistic things. But they aren't afraid to put a $.99 hamburger into their body. (I don't want to know how they make a double cheese burger for $.99 considering labor / shipping and materials.)

It sounds like your mom is worried about weight and people generally correlate diet and restrictions with weight. I hope you can make them more understanding, good luck!

Hmm, it may be related to eating gluten or maybe you are consuming too much at one time. I notice that if I overeat, I will be bloated and gassy for the rest of the day. Also do you follow food combining?

I agree with Rob. I would probaly just lie too. But they might want to see the paper haha.

I think that some people feel guilty when they see their friends/family eating healthy. They will try to get you to eat junk to make themselves feel better. I'm lucky that my family generally supports my eating habits. They will comment from time to time to lighten up or gain some weight (impossible by the way).

Just do what makes you feel good, eventually the others will stop hassling you ;)

Hahaha thanks guys :) I do feel a bit better now. I am glad I have your support if I have to lie about it hahaha.

I am on the egde of my seat waiting for the results!

Hmm, it may be related to eating gluten or maybe you are consuming too much at one time. I notice that if I overeat, I will be bloated and gassy for the rest of the day. Also do you follow food combining?

I agree with Rob. I would probaly just lie too. But they might want to see the paper haha.

I think that some people feel guilty when they see their friends/family eating healthy. They will try to get you to eat junk to make themselves feel better. I'm lucky that my family generally supports my eating habits. They will comment from time to time to lighten up or gain some weight (impossible by the way).

Just do what makes you feel good, eventually the others will stop hassling you ;)