Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teadrinker

Question about apple fast and diet correlation

Why do people keep saying that diet and acne aren't related if the three-five day apple fast clears people? Sure people say the acne comes right back after they start eating their normal stuff again, but what if someone did the apple fast and then avoided all of their triggers, wouldn't they stay clear? I know that diet does not affect a lot of people on the outside of their bodies, but for the ones that are affected, how can this evidence be refuted?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Apples very good for skin. , i am trying not to eat alot! or i will break out lol

so i eat 2 apples a day.. 3 sometime.

You could give it a try.. going apples only

make sure to drink waters too

Apples very good for skin. , i am trying not to eat alot! or i will break out lol

so i eat 2 apples a day.. 3 sometime.

You could give it a try.. going apples only

make sure to drink waters too

Oh, I am not going to do it, it seems really dangerous. But my question still remains: how can the link between diet and acne be refuted when many many people have had success/eliminated all of their acne with the apple fast? Does anyone have any experience with the apple fast/have eliminated their acne permanently while off the apple fast?

I did a 3 days apple fast.. On the thirdy night No joking I was clear no acne on my face.. I deal with mild inflammatory acne... It was a great feeling but i was tired during it and i lost a few pounds..I now discovered im a protein type its a diet called metabolic typing.. So now i eat alot of high protein foods with veggies and fruit... I still get inflammation and mild acne but I put organic healthy food in my body so Im just going to deal with it and do the best I can.. Maybe I will do a fruit and veggie fast like twice a year..

I did a 3 days apple fast.. On the thirdy night No joking I was clear no acne on my face.. I deal with mild inflammatory acne... It was a great feeling but i was tired during it and i lost a few pounds..I now discovered im a protein type its a diet called metabolic typing.. So now i eat alot of high protein foods with veggies and fruit... I still get inflammation and mild acne but I put organic healthy food in my body so Im just going to deal with it and do the best I can.. Maybe I will do a fruit and veggie fast like twice a year..

did the acne come back right away when you stopped eating apples, or was it when you incorporated other foods into your diet? I guess that is a hard question to answer seeing as how there probably wasnt one day after the fast when you did not eat anything, lol. Thank you for your answers!!!

I dont know how people think its soo hard to do!

I am looooving eating alot of granny smith apples a day..

and on a fast for only 3 days..I can do it, it is easy for me.

The only reason to eat other foods, are to get the nutients from them, but IMO the apple fast for like 1 week a mnth, is not big deal, as far as getting hungry/tired ext..

These apples are a staple in my diet..

I think if you are not dealing with candida, that the apple fast is a good idea..

Also, afterwards if you do become clearer from the fast and you strt to incorporate other foods into ur diet ,it should be easy to determine what foods are breaking you out..especially if you keep a log on the foods you eat after the very next day after the apple fast.

I dont know how people think its soo hard to do!

I am looooving eating alot of granny smith apples a day..

and on a fast for only 3 days..I can do it, it is easy for me.

The only reason to eat other foods, are to get the nutients from them, but IMO the apple fast for like 1 week a mnth, is not big deal, as far as getting hungry/tired ext..

These apples are a staple in my diet..

I think if you are not dealing with candida, that the apple fast is a good idea..

Also, afterwards if you do become clearer from the fast and you strt to incorporate other foods into ur diet ,it should be easy to determine what foods are breaking you out..especially if you keep a log on the foods you eat after the very next day after the apple fast.

hell ya Granny smith apples AREEE the best and healthiest apple ever. :P

i buy the organic one taste great then non organic..

I eat 2 apples a day , sometime 3-4 ... i do skip eating apples sometime

cause eating to much ;D

Salads and apple is what i love eating.. hehe

Theres nothing special about apples at all, its not particularly good for the skin and doesn't even raise antioxidant capacity THAT much. My opinion is it was just the calorie defecit and fiber that caused some people to clear up. If I'm not mistaken, the ebook also recommended a bowel cleanse or something in addition to eating the apples.

But my question still remains: how can the link between diet and acne be refuted when many many people have had success/eliminated all of their acne with the apple fast

Many people have cured or improved many conditions with a good diet, including acne. Yet doctors still push pills, which seems to be what most people want.

so if it is just fiber curing the acne, why don't people just follow a strict all fiber diet for three days and then get rid of acne? It seems pretty simple to me, although I guess it might be dangerous? However people can survive without food for like a month or something, right? So is it actually dangerous to go without nutrients for three days? Isn't this an acne cure that people can follow up with good food? Why don't people realize that extreme amounts of fiber are the answer?

I dont think its the fiber, but more the lack of calories and ease of digesting a fruit mono-diet. I doubt anyone could eat 2,000 calories worth of apples in a day without feeling bloated and sick. Eating the same thing all day is also way easier on your digestion and fruit is one of the easiest things to digest to begin with. There would be no harm in doing this for 3 days in my opinion, but I dont know if the results will last. I consumed nothing but 16 oz of OJ for 3 weeks, and here I am, alive to talk about it so I wouldnt worry about 3 days on apples.

hmm, so if you fast and don't eat apples/don't eat fiber will you get the same results? I thought you had to have fiber to push all of the bad stuff out? Why is this evidence disputed if it clearly works?

How come people don't do this? Is it just too unconventional/ a hassle to deal with???

youre gonna get better results without eating I would say in that it gives your body a total rest from digestion. It still has to work to break down apples. I say give the apple thing a shot though. Its not like its hard to just eat apples for three days. Id just try not going overboard.

youre gonna get better results without eating I would say in that it gives your body a total rest from digestion. It still has to work to break down apples. I say give the apple thing a shot though. Its not like its hard to just eat apples for three days. Id just try not going overboard.

I run three to five miles everyday at around a 7:30 mile minute pace. If I did not consume anything for three days would I be likely to pass out?

hmm, curse you acne!!!

ur body will probably burn ur meat for energy cause u'll have no fat left lol

yep gotta eat meats... is good for you.

Chicken breast , turkey :)

just buy boneless one , pretty sure no hormones.. etc.