Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bbb16

are fruits best consumed right before/after meals?

Hello,

I've been wondering if fruits are best consumed right before/after meals or are we supposed to wait for an hour or so?

I usually eat 2 apples a day hours before and after i have lunch or dinner and i tend to get stomach ache almost everyday.

Will appreciate a reply.

Thanks.

id say about 30 minutes before a meal. I personally dont worry about it, but when you look at food combining stuff it says to eat fruit alone and at least 30 minutes before anything else

Whats wrong with combinding fruits with other foods?

Just curisous?

and would this not be the total opposite of what a green smoothie is?

which is promoted as suuuper healthy?

combinding dark green veggies, and fruit?

I don't have problems combining fruits with other foods and still haven't shown a rationale as to why they should. Fermentation doesn't occur in the stomach so the idea that certain foods leave the stomach earlier and other sit there fermenting is not true. I have noticed that most of these theories are based on the fact that eating a fruit within a meal usually means adding an extra fruit to an already calorically high meal while eating it before tends to created fulness and less eating during the meal. In other words the digestion issue are more a matter of eating too much by considering fruits an extra over a full meal rather than considering what to remove from the meal in other to balance it with the fruits. Most who will try to make sure the calories of "fruit before and meal after" and "meal including a fruit" are identical will notice the disappareance of their digestive issues even when the fruit is consumed with the meal. An exception is water wich is so rich in water that might cause water bloatedness but it's merely an issue of volume.

I usually eat fruit as a dessert (with homemade whipped cream, no less) a few minutes after dinner. Either that, or I eat it independently from everything else as a snack.

I don't do it for any particular reason, this is just how I usually end up doing it.