Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brunettebaby

what do you guys think of not using anything on your face?

Ok so here is the thing, my acne at the moment is the worst that it has been in a long time and i think it has something to do with the fact of all the stuff i am putting on my face i use: BP, Anti bac wash from Dermalogica, Nivea, Jojoba oil and I use make up wipes and then put foundation on top! So im thinking that i just use baby oil to take my makeup off and water and only use concelar and a little powder what do you guys think?

Its just when i was younger i had lovely skin and now that i am messing around with it, its gotton worse.

I start breaking out whenever I use too much stuff because I start freaking out, so it could be the same for your. It could be that you're using too many products that your face doesn't like. I would keep or buy a cleanser that's soft and gentle (no beads or exfoliants or scents) and a moisturizer. I like to use Baby Oil with Aloe and Vitamin E to take out redness and calm down imflamed skin.

For make-up, I use Clinique's Almost Power Make-up and some MAC concealer, that's all and I still get perfect coverage of my hyperpigmentations. Just keep it simple. I started using too much, like Clinique's Pore Perfecting Primer plus the stick concealer and it make me break out horribly, plus the fact that I used to slather on foundation.

I think you're right, it's better for mild-ish acne to keep it simple and clean.

excellent thank you, ill try that foundation becuase at the moment im using primer, concelar, foundation and powder and im sure its breaking me out

I saw many good result about washing face with warm water and sea salt..

add sea salt on a warm water.. use cotton pad and wet.. then apply.

I saw it really works , gotta make sure is 100% all natural.

I do it now ... and i hope it removes oil , my face is kinda oily.

I am usiing nothing on my face now... , just Refining mask i apply it on acne , it DRIEs fast.

and washing face with warm water and sea salt.

Many products are good tho it helps... but then later later it wont work anymore ;/

Ok so here is the thing, my acne at the moment is the worst that it has been in a long time and i think it has something to do with the fact of all the stuff i am putting on my face i use: BP, Anti bac wash from Dermalogica, Nivea, Jojoba oil and I use make up wipes and then put foundation on top! So im thinking that i just use baby oil to take my makeup off and water and only use concelar and a little powder what do you guys think?

Its just when i was younger i had lovely skin and now that i am messing around with it, its gotton worse.

less makeup is better. and the more natural you go with the face products you use is better also.

KEEP IT SIMPLE . don't freak out when you break out just stay cool. and know it will get better. :cool:

excellent thank you, ill try that foundation becuase at the moment im using primer, concelar, foundation and powder and im sure its breaking me out

or u talking about make up?? lmao.. sorry if u only talking about make up

I would search in google , ull find many answer :D

Yeah, and the great thing about the Clinique is that if you accidentally buy the wrong shade, you can return it and trade it for another! (I'm not sure about MAC) Plus, it's pretty hard to make it look caked-on, even if you try. I've happily thrown out my old liquid foundation (which seems to make small pimples stand out more) :]

DOnt USe Baby OIL!!! THats Horrible!!! Use phisoderm face wash or neutrogena with saylic acid like that new grapefruit one. USe the Benzoyl peroxide ...i use dan kerns....start his regimen..it works i swear....then aha lotion...i use healthy skin by neutrogena...and for one month atleast dont wear makeup...you wanna clear up your skin...id rather look horrible for couple months then look like the peeps who cake on makeup for years!!!! Try the regimen...worth a try.....and always smile!!!

Definately dont use so many things on your face. I started using SOOOOO many things on my face and suddenly i just got a red face..it was that bad. Then those red marks cleared up after about 6 months, but worrying about something that isnt very bad can just make it worse. Because back then i had just my forehead covered in acne...and i had a frindge anyway. Now Ive got acne all over my face, shoulders and abit on my chest but the way i keep it under control is by eating healthy and exercising alot. And now it never gets any worse, it can only get better. But i dont put anything on my face at all, and thats what works the best for me!!!

i started a whole thng a few months back , where i cut out all the bp, acne washes all the crap and washed my face with water, and dove soap if i wore makeup

my face has been pretty clear for a while now and execpt when i picked at it like today which looks horrible

but yeah too much stuff is going to irritate your skin

yea i agree, avoid using so many things on your face. you can still wear makeup and all of that just make sure it has no talc, and is noncomedogenic, etc.

back in the day i stopped wearing makeup bc i was really depressed and didn't think it would help. now, i cringe every time i see pictures from then.

& at the same time, i really wish i could be comfortable bare faced, but i've gotten so used to make up, i would rather stay home than go out without it.

anyways, i think whatever you believe will help you feel better about yourself, you should do. whether it be wearing makeup or not.

I have actually tried not using any products on my face for a while. Just water + moisturizer, and I have never felt so disgusting. I have a really oily face, so just water wasnt cutting it. :P I did this for about 3 weeks and my face looked kind of worse. I didnt have any new spots, but my complexion was very dull - almost like I havent slept in weeks.

I used to use Proactiv twice a day, but now only use it at night before i go to bed. In the morning, i just wash my face and put a moisturizer on. I feel the way you do about ruining your skin because of all these different products you're using. My skin was always amazing until i started getting facials every month and using all these topical products. Maybe i shouldn't have started! UGH