Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've read the directions of the Refining Mask... "apply to dampened skin, leave on for 10 minutes, wash off", easy enough. But I've seen commercials with Jessica Simpson making it sound like you should apply the Refining Mask to an individual pimple and leave it on all night. I tried this once and I wasn't entirely sure what to think... it probably just made it worse. So basically, my question is does the Refining Mask get rid of pimples and stuff if you leave it on overnight? As the commercial makes it seem? Or is it better to just follow the directions on the container which is usually the best course of action?

Good question! I love the Proactiv Solution Refining mask. However, i have noticed that if i put it on just individual pimples overnight it doesn't really do anything. So i just use it as a mask 3 times per week. I would say to just use it as the directions say. I have noticed that using AHA as a spot treatment works well. I use Dan's AHA+ on individual pimples overnight and have seen far better results than the Proactiv mask. Hope this helps! Good luck to you! :)

I have actually had the opposite experience. I spot treat with the proactiv mask and it works great for me. If I feel a pimple coming and start to see some inflamation I put the mask on it at night and by morning it is gone. I tried to spot treat with AHA but it does nothing for me. AHA has worked well for my overall complexion (lightens dark marks), but it does nothing when I try to spot treat with it.

The refining mask, or so the instructions say, should be applied about three to fours times a week over the entire face and you leave it on for about ten minutes, overnight is not recommended, before washing it off with warm water. The spot-treatment part is the one you can leave overnight and it's supposed to help you with individual pimples. Spot treatment is what this mask seems to be so good at ( according to proactive ), but I think AHA is better in that domain than sulfur.

I disagree, i think the proactiv mask as a spot treatment is very effective. It helps dry the pimple up over night and it decreases the redness immediately.

I love refining mask , i apply on acne and leave it for the night..

IT dries my acne quickly

Love my diet too keeps my skin nice.. it glows