Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stillhere

My tips for preventing acne and cysts.

I totally agree with your post. This post should be very helpful from someone who has a lot of experience with acne problems. All of your tips are what helps my 20 yr old daughter stay mostly clear. Her acne is from an imbalance in her digestive system, dysbiosis. Stress affects her the worst and red meat. Digestive enzymes help when I can get her to take them, and if not digestive enzymes then lemon juice after her meals. And her meals should be small so her system can digest her food better. Just a few more tips.

Red meat sparingly. I try and avoid hamburgers unless I don't care if I get a pimple or not. Believe me my skin will stay almost completely clear if, and I can't always resist the red meat.

If you have a healing blemish or cyst, YOU MUST LET THE SCAB REMAIN ON FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. YOU MUST RESIST PICKING OFF THE SCAB AT ALL COSTS TO PREVENT SCARRING.

I learned this the hard way and was left with an ugly shallow scar from prematurely picking off a scab. Luckily, a dermabrasion, yes ouch a dermabrasion got rid of it.

I once had a huge cyst on my chin for at least a few months. I tried popping and even got a cortisone shot which eventually made it go away. I felt like a recluse and extremely horrible while I had the cyst. I got it from a tiny pimple which I popped, it imploded and caused a cyst nightmare for me. I think it is very important that if you pop, you must put a drying agent on afterwards to help avoid things getting worse.

Last but not least and it may sound silly but try not to stress about things. I am one who constantly worries about things or what if kind of things but I think I am learning to chill out about things and not worry so much. Try to appreciate the good things in your life and not stress about things not going your way or just not worring about things which have not happened. Make sense? Try to tell yourself to chill. :dance: It may help acne since sometimes it can be stress related.

I know this post sounds very unscientific but if it helps a few people then it was worth the time it took to type it.

Good luck and peace.

these are the ones i need to work on, cause i am a serious carnivore. lately i have been soaking my scars in neosporin overnight and they have been coming off as soon as i touch them when washing my face in the AM. i will never be without stress!!!