Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Dayna

My journey to acne-free skin

Perhaps you should always stick with the products that you feel comfortable with.

Yup, lesson learnt. ;) I think I'm lucky that it didn't leave any scars. :pray:

hi was just wondering what your skin was like before the regimen? as it looks amazing in those photos, really fresh and clear! i have some bad scars right now from spots a few weeks ago and this always stay around til they get repalced by new spots - so annoying! i might start the regimen to see if it helps that side of things....

You can check out my condition before the regimen on the first post. :)

I still have lots of scars as well. Not sure why they don't fade though. Might be the sunny weather darkening the scars. I'm going to wear a sunscreen starting today.

Yup, I have that problem as well. After a cyst healed, another one will pop up at around the same place, usually near my cheeks. Hence you can see the cluster of pimples on my cheeks. :wall:

Update on my regimen: Added Heliocare Gel 50 UVB/UVA suncreen into my regimen, it's highly raved especially for people with oily and acne prone skin. Today is day 1 of using it. Hope it works! :pray::pray::pray: And the reason why I added the sunscreen might be because I have quite a lot more freckles still I started the regimen and my scars ain't fading. Thought the terrible sunlight (in a tropical country) might be the cause.

Also, I have stopped Ettusais Day Defence Powder and using Day Protect Powder for more coverage. Good luck to me! :pray::clap::angel:

Applied the heliocare suncreen gel and Ettusais day protect powder for about 5 hours today. Skin stay matt through out, both don't dry out my skin which is a good sign. Still monitoring to see if it's suitable for me after a few days. Will update again. :)

Update: No new zits today. Old zits are still recovering, one got worse, the rest looks slightly better. Mental note to increase application of sunscreen by a little (applied too little yesterday). Should be good news that the heliocare + Ettusais DPP did not worsen my condition nor did they improve. Will continue to monitor and updates with photos of the heliocare + DPP combination later. :)

Updated with photos: These are taken today after my usual regimen + heliocare sunscreen and Ettusais DPP, no concealer. Actually the photos are kind of blurry so the spots aren't obvious but actually they can still be seen. :boohoo:

Right cheek

Whole face

Night update: I might be breaking out a bit, not sure it's the sunscreen or the powder. Shall monitor for a few more days.

Morning update: Surprise surprise! No new zits, some of the old ones are recovering as well. Doing my Lycopene Pectin Enzyme Peel mask.

Today is day 3 of testing out the heliocare gel sunscreen + DPP combination. Will monitor and update again. :)

Morning update: Tried the heliocare gel + DPP + blusher combination yesterday. No new outbreaks or zits today which is a good sign. I think my skin needs some time to get use to it. Anyway, doing my Lycopene Pectin Enzyme Peel Mask. :D

Morning update: I have an inflamed blackhead on the right cheek. It's been there for a few days, not much change. Have a new red zit near my lips. Mental reminder not to apply lip balm before I go to sleep. I think it gives me zits near my lips. :( It's okay to apply it in the day though.

Morning update: I had a new zit on my left cheek yesterday, yet to recover though. 2 small zits on my forehead as well. I notice there's always a few white heads on my forehead. :boohoo:

Another update: I have changed my night moisturiser to A'Kin Rose Day Cream. It helps the fading of scars and not too oily since I'm only using it at night. A few days after using this, breaks out a little but I'm now cleared already. Might be slight purging from the Vit A.

Another product update: Changed my day moisturiser to Nuxe Creme Fraiche Light. It's highly raved in the SG forums. Seems to have pretty good oil control. Still using A'kin's one in the night. Hope to see some improvements in scars soon.

And Currently using Paul and Joe Fluid Foundation N as a tinted moisturiser if I plan to wear any make up. It gives pretty sheer coverage for a liquid foundation, it's more like a tinted moisturiser imo.

Hope to try Creme Etincelante with acids soon! :D

Update on regimen products:

Morning:

- Nuxe Micellar Foam Cleanser with 3 Roses

- Nuxe Toning Lotion with 3 Roses

- Dan's Treatment 2.5% BP

- Nuxe Creme Fraiche Light

- A'Kin Pure Emergency Gel (on spots)

When I'm heading out (on top of the above):

- Paul and Joe Fluid Foundation N (sometimes)

- Ettusais Day Protect Powder

- Ettusais Marble Cheek Colour (sometimes)

Night:

- Renew Gentle Cleansing Milk (for removing makeup, if any)- Nuxe Micellar Foam Cleanser with 3 Roses

- Skin Revival's Jojoba Citrus Scrub (sometimes)

- Nuxe Toning Lotion with 3 Roses

- Dan's Treatment 2.5% BP

- Nuxe Creme Etincelante

- A'Kin Pure Emergency Gel (on spots)

Daily:

- Manuka Honey UMF 10+

Weekly:

- Nuxe Masque Frais Hydratant

- Skin Revival's Lycopene Pectin Enzyme Peel Mask