Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I'm a 25 y.o. female and for the last five months, I've been struggling with moderate acne that started very suddenly. One day my skin was clear, like it had always been (even through my teens), and the next day I had three zits around my mouth. Ever since, I've had at least four (though usually five or six, ten at its worst) on my face at all times. Blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, everything. At one point, every single pore on the bridge of my nose was inflamed with little whiteheads.

Since it started, I've changed laundry detergent, stopped sleeping on my side (it was on one side of my face for a while), stopped eating sugar, dairy, and wheat (I was already a vegetarian), started taking a daily probiotic (I was already taking a multi), started on the regimen (I've been on for 2 months with little progress), stopped wearing makeup, I always drink a lot of water, shower and exercise regularly, I've been reading the forums religiously... I feel like I've been doing everything I need to do.

I'm starting to worry that this may be caused by something more serious, like PCOS. Does anyone out there have any experience with this? Is sudden onset acne something that can disappear as quickly as it started? It's really strange and I just can't figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

I'm a 25 y.o. female and for the last five months, I've been struggling with moderate acne that started very suddenly. One day my skin was clear, like it had always been (even through my teens), and the next day I had three zits around my mouth. Ever since, I've had at least four (though usually five or six, ten at its worst) on my face at all times. Blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, everything. At one point, every single pore on the bridge of my nose was inflamed with little whiteheads.

Since it started, I've changed laundry detergent, stopped sleeping on my side (it was on one side of my face for a while), stopped eating sugar, dairy, and wheat (I was already a vegetarian), started taking a daily probiotic (I was already taking a multi), started on the regimen (I've been on for 2 months with little progress), stopped wearing makeup, I always drink a lot of water, shower and exercise regularly, I've been reading the forums religiously... I feel like I've been doing everything I need to do.

I'm starting to worry that this may be caused by something more serious, like PCOS. Does anyone out there have any experience with this? Is sudden onset acne something that can disappear as quickly as it started? It's really strange and I just can't figure it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

your story sounds JUST like mine. i never had bad acne. just the normal pimple here or there and then out of no where i became extremely bad. i cut out wheat and did some of the other things u mentioned above and nothing worked for me. finally when i went to my derm she noticed i had little black hairs (gross i know) and said she thought i had pcos cause my acne was so hormonal and random. i got tested and sure enough that was it! ive been on spiro ever since. im not clear yet but im pretty confident that i will be soon. just have a lot of red marks.. pcos affects a lot of people and you are right in the age bracket. do you have primarly hormonal acne? (jawline and around the mouth...kinda looks like a beard of acne! gross i know) any extra hairs growing in odd places?! dandruff? crazy periods?! those were all the symptoms i had and was diagnosed. im not overweight and actually more closer to underweight so all the symptoms dont necessarily need to be there for a diagnosis. id get it checked out...even if its not pcos some type of med to balance hormones would prob be helpful. hope this helpss!