Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazian

How to look good on accutane?

Hey everybody. So I'm a good chunk into my treatment and damn! It's hard looking good when you're on accutane. can anyone help me with these?

-I moisturize and pack on the cetaphil in the morning, but by the afternoon, skin starts peeling off and it looks like I have food chunks around my mouth XP

-Same thing with lips^ I pack on the aquaphor

-Hair is dry and frizzy, but I use a good conditioner

I don't know if ther eis just a miracle product that you can slather on once daily and forget about it, I think the key is MAINTENANCE. You'll just have to check up on your skin in the bathroom every couple of hours, have a pair of tweezers on you to pick off flakes.

Hey everybody. So I'm a good chunk into my treatment and damn! It's hard looking good when you're on accutane. can anyone help me with these?

-I moisturize and pack on the cetaphil in the morning, but by the afternoon, skin starts peeling off and it looks like I have food chunks around my mouth XP

-Same thing with lips^ I pack on the aquaphor

-Hair is dry and frizzy, but I use a good conditioner

My face looked like one single snowflake until I found a good moisturizer. That's the key, really. You can't really do anything about your lips or your hair. Learn to live with it. It's all worth it in the end.

Had my derm appointment this morning. Starting this week.

My derm's office gave me the following products:

Cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (moisturizes while is cleanses and its time released) and Revision Skincare Black Mask (once a week to help remove flaky skin)

Moisturizer: Sorbolene Cream (supposed to be a really thick moisturizer for extremely dry skin)

Lips: Dr. Dans CortiBalm

Nose: Aquaphor Balm -- She told me to put some on a q-tip and put it in my nose.

Man, I wish I could help you out.

I have been so blessed. My skin isn't really even dry any more. My lips aren't horrible either, they just crack in the corners if I forget aquaphor.

It's like my skin got used to Tane or something.

I don't get it.

Just keep moisturizing and DRINKING water. Plenty of water.

Did your skin get way better when you were in Japan? Mine did. It must have been from all of that humidity!