Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

what to do about visible flakes

my skin has obvious flaky parts that no mtter how much jojoba oil or moisterizer i apply wont go,i dont wear make up except a bit of oil free concealer on any individual blemishes. i cant use am exfoliater on the regimen so how do i get rid of them

i think its important to exfoliate off that dead skin or otherwise its an extra layer of dead skin that the bp needs to get through to get into your pores. are you far enough in to be using an aha yet? as they can be brilliant for flakes. if not try cool as kim deals method for exfoliating with jojoba, i find this is brilliant for getting rid of flakes but very gentle and doesnt break me out as its very gentle

I use Cool As Kims method of buffing with jojoba and it does wonders for my dry, flakey skin! Try putting around 10 drops of jojoba in your hands and start gently buffing it around your face, gently picking up the flakes sloughing off (make sure your skin it totally dry first). After buffing for about a minute or so, gently rinse with Dan's cleanser. You should have smoother skin already! After cleansing, put about 4-5 more drops of jojoba in your hand and lightly pat all around the face - especially in dry spots. Wait about a minute for it to sink it, then lightly blot off excess oil. Apply BP as usual and after it dries, make sure to apply a few drops of jojoba to your moisturizer. It's alot of jojoba, but trust me, it will save you from your insanely dry skin!

i have built the regimen up very slowly as have sensitive skin so im on wk 2 of doing bp every day. i will try the jojoba method as not kean on AHA in case of irritation. thanks.x