Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guess My Problem

I think I have acne (or do I?)

I have been suffering from acne since probably around the 7th grade. I am able to keep it somewhat under control by watching what I eat. Cutting out yeasts and sugars significantly reduces puss from forming so I don't wake up with white spots all over my face. Sadly, I cannot totally seem to get rid of it yet because I still have the red bumps etc.

One thing I always have wanted to do was grow a beard to cover up my skin but I can't. I am 22 years old and I cannot grow a beard and I believe it has something to do with my acne. I can do side burns and I get stubble and stuff on my chin and under my nose but that is about it. I get a few little hairs that pop up on my cheek but not much which makes me wonder if the acne somehow damaged the roots of my hairs?

I also get these little round balls in my ears that usually just go away. I used to get them all the time on my face where I could feel these big lumps under my skin. They were like cysts but never really came to the surface. I haven't had them for awhile but last year I had two just magically appear out of nowhere. One appeared on the left side of my face and one on the right but both were right around my cheekbones. They became so inflamed that I popped one. I had a ton of puss come out. The other I left alone and did my best not to bother it but I did accidentally open it up a bit washing my face. I think it opened because it was just its time to open and washing it was just enough to push it the rest of the way. Both scared really bad.

I also have blackheads all around my nose and face. The blackheads and acne also cover my chest and back and even sometimes my arms and legs.

I am wondering if I really have acne or something similar? I wonder because when I first developed acne it was after getting chicken pox. I had clear skin (maybe a couple blackheads I can't remember) before getting chicken pox but after getting it it was like my chicken pox just never went away and ever since then I have not had clear skin.

Could I really have like a bacteria or fungus infection that mimics acne? No facial hair and chicken pox? Any links here? Anything in this post that make you think it might be something other then acne?

I have tried the antibiotics and all the face creams both prescription and all ones you can buy in the store or order. None work. The only thing that seems to help is yeast and sugar free diet with yeast cleanse and Probiotics but even when I am on these I can't seem to completely get rid of it.

Have you tried cutting out dairy products?

Also I would not suggest growing a beard to conceal acne. I tried that when I was a teenager (I could grow a beard by time I was 16), I grew a goatee, and it made the acne worse on my chin. It's harder to exfoliate your skin when you have a beard which makes things worse.

I have been suffering from acne since probably around the 7th grade. I am able to keep it somewhat under control by watching what I eat. Cutting out yeasts and sugars significantly reduces puss from forming so I don't wake up with white spots all over my face. Sadly, I cannot totally seem to get rid of it yet because I still have the red bumps etc.

One thing I always have wanted to do was grow a beard to cover up my skin but I can't. I am 22 years old and I cannot grow a beard and I believe it has something to do with my acne. I can do side burns and I get stubble and stuff on my chin and under my nose but that is about it. I get a few little hairs that pop up on my cheek but not much which makes me wonder if the acne somehow damaged the roots of my hairs?

I also get these little round balls in my ears that usually just go away. I used to get them all the time on my face where I could feel these big lumps under my skin. They were like cysts but never really came to the surface. I haven't had them for awhile but last year I had two just magically appear out of nowhere. One appeared on the left side of my face and one on the right but both were right around my cheekbones. They became so inflamed that I popped one. I had a ton of puss come out. The other I left alone and did my best not to bother it but I did accidentally open it up a bit washing my face. I think it opened because it was just its time to open and washing it was just enough to push it the rest of the way. Both scared really bad.

I also have blackheads all around my nose and face. The blackheads and acne also cover my chest and back and even sometimes my arms and legs.

I am wondering if I really have acne or something similar? I wonder because when I first developed acne it was after getting chicken pox. I had clear skin (maybe a couple blackheads I can't remember) before getting chicken pox but after getting it it was like my chicken pox just never went away and ever since then I have not had clear skin.

Could I really have like a bacteria or fungus infection that mimics acne? No facial hair and chicken pox? Any links here? Anything in this post that make you think it might be something other then acne?

I have tried the antibiotics and all the face creams both prescription and all ones you can buy in the store or order. None work. The only thing that seems to help is yeast and sugar free diet with yeast cleanse and Probiotics but even when I am on these I can't seem to completely get rid of it.

I felt like I was reading what I would have wrote. I am with you word for word. It is so depressing and I am disgusted hourly by the way my face looks and even when there isn't any big pimples, I still look broke out from the scars that I get from every bump.I am embarassed to go out , i want to hide out. I have a olive/yellow skin tone and every pimple leaves a dark scar and I have deeper scars that I can see at different angles. I hate having to cover up bumps and flat red or dark scars. The scars that are deeper forget it. I have tried it all. I have tried retin a, tetracycline, minocycline, retin-a, differin, septra, and microdermabrasion, proactive, tanning, over the counter, herbal suppplements, birth control, someone help us.

COLON CLEANSING . BENZOYL PEROXIDE , LOADS OF FRUITS AND VEGES . AVOID FOOD WITH LOADS OF FATS AND OILS . EAT MORE YOGURT TO COOL DOWN YOUR LIVER . WHEN YOUR LIVER IS HEATY AND DO NOT FUNCTION WELL ALL THE TOXINS CANNOT BE EXTRACT OUR PROPERLY THEREFORE IT USES THE LARGEST ORGAN ON OUR BODY THAT IS THE SKIN TO EXTRACT THE TOXIC OUT .

CHANGE YOUR DIET FIRST BEFORE YOU USE ANY CLEANSER AND ETC

DO THE INTERNAL AND THEN THE EXTERNAL

COLON CLEANSING . BENZOYL PEROXIDE , LOADS OF FRUITS AND VEGES . AVOID FOOD WITH LOADS OF FATS AND OILS . EAT MORE YOGURT TO COOL DOWN YOUR LIVER . WHEN YOUR LIVER IS HEATY AND DO NOT FUNCTION WELL ALL THE TOXINS CANNOT BE EXTRACT OUR PROPERLY THEREFORE IT USES THE LARGEST ORGAN ON OUR BODY THAT IS THE SKIN TO EXTRACT THE TOXIC OUT .

CHANGE YOUR DIET FIRST BEFORE YOU USE ANY CLEANSER AND ETC

DO THE INTERNAL AND THEN THE EXTERNAL

ummm...how does yogurt change the temperature of the liver? Just wondering (not that the points you made are bad, they're really good)

I would actually recommend avoiding all dairy products just to see if it is exacerbating the problem.

Yes, I have been to the derm. He is the one who put me on antibiotics and various creams which ended up making my skin WORSE!

I have cut out all sugar, alcohol, yeast, and dairy (except for eggs and butter). I am pretty careful about what I eat. I pretty much live on fruits, vegies, nuts, and fish. I stay as far away as possible from anything with preservatives or additives. I don't eat anything with corn syrup or any of those other nasties. Eliminating these things does somewhat control my acne but won't eliminate it. Eating these foods though makes me break out really bad within a day or so if I eat any sizeable amount.

The only thing that has ever really helped were pro biotics. They were very expensive though. I tried taking cheaper pro biotics and they had no effect.

Maybe it is a gut problem. I just think after all this time of eating healthy I should be seeing an improvement.