Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulEl

My Isolaz Treatment

Hey guys,

Kind of like a similar post, I'll keep you guys updated on my Isolaz treatments for anyone who's thinking about going in for treatment or wants to know a little more about it.

So I guess I'll start off at the beginning. I'm a senior in college, and have had acne for 5 years. I guess I would call it less then moderate (I image searched moderate acne and have never been that broken out), but still, the self conciousness has always been there. I've never had problems making friends or getting a girl's number, but I'm sure like many of you, I've always had the paranoid feeling that everyone's checking out these gross bumps on my face. I've tried it all (except accutane)...the topicals, the facial injections, ProActiv, antibiotics, diet change, even tanning. Needless to say, nothing's worked.

About a month and a half ago, my girlfriend and I broke up, I got a promotion at work, and I moved into a new apartment up at school with a friend, and all the stress just broke me out to the point where I didn't even want to leave my apartment. I'm close with my family, and my parents heard about it, and well, they felt for me (my father had worse acne when he was my age up until his late 20's, so he knew exactly what I was going through). A little less than a week ago, he called me telling me to check out this doctor's website he saw advertised on a billboard. After checking out the information page regarding Aesthera Isolaz PPX, I began reviewing it online. Google, Isolaz.com, even YouTube, and everything I read just got me so optimistic about this new, and only, FDA approved laser treatment.

I contacted the doctor one day at my office and we pretty much had an over the phone consultation, she reassured me that her patients see results in as little as 2 or 3 treatments. I made the appointment for this morning, came home to New Jersey, and well, I was pretty excited to go in.

When I first walked in, she greeted me and sat me down and we spoke about my acne. I NEVER talk about my acne with anyone outside of my family, and as stupid as it sounds, I got a little emotional and my eyes got a little glassy, so I guess that was enough for her. We went over the pricing ($275 per treatment, or you can buy 5 get 1 free, and the tips cost $150 plus tax but are reusable for 1200 flashes), and well, I'm fortunate enough that my parents said they'd pay for it. (It's going to come to just over $1700.)

Then came the part I was waiting for. She told me to lay down, sprayed my face cold water, covered my eyes, and got to it. If you don't know, it's a two step process, first a vacuum like suction grabs hold of your skin and then a flash of light is released to break down the bacteria under the skin. I had a regular sized tip I guess, but she recommneded I also buy a smaller one to get the trouble spots around my nose and forehead, so I did (why pay all that money to not get totally clear, right?). She went over my face twice, and well, although it's not too "painful", it's not as painless as they make it out to be, I did bleed a little bit. The light starts to get hot, and everytime I'd ask, she'd spray the tip with CO2 to cool it, and let me take a quick break if the pain got to me. The most painful spots were obviously over my pimples. All-in-all the treatment took about 30-40 minutes and I made an appointment for next week.

If you've tried everything and are still looking for a hope and aren't sure if Isolaz is worth it, I'll be updating my posts after every treatment and whenever I see results. If you have any questions or anything, please don't hesitate to ask, because probably like you, I'm fed up with acne and I know what it's like to want it gone.

post-80964-1217821548_thumb.jpg

post-80964-1217821548_thumb.jpg