Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to get cystic acne. I went on Accutane and havent had a cyst in over a year. Last menstural cycle (its the only time i get acne) I got my first pimple in over a year, well I messed with it and I'm still not sure if it ever became a cyst. We'll have to see if I get one next period. Anyways, I put apple cider vinegar on it and it burned, took forever to heal! I picked and picked at it, it started to sorta scab and I kept tearing off the skin. Oops. Well no i'm left with a very shallow circular mark that is a bit red. It is indented in certain lightening. It itches a bit. What can I do to fill it in since I think its still healing. I've been taking skin & nails vitamins, applying fresh aloe vera from the plant, even some kelo-cote,I had left over from surgery. Help please!

If my cystic acne is returning. What is a 2nd round on accutane like..more drying? What are the stats of people who need a 2nd round.

Also, after that scare I've been researching like mad. I came up with this routine. Please share your thoughts.

Morning: Wash with cetaphil cleanser. Moisturize with cetaphil cream and a bit of Jojoba oil (Does anyone know if this will make Cysts return?). Apply Physicans Formula pressed powder...I love this stuff! My face has been crazy dry and if I dont wait enough time to put on my make up it just mixes with the lotion and cakes off, I'm really depressed about this so if anyone can recommend another lotion or something to make this faster.

Night: Wash with Cetaphil. Spot treat with tea tree oil. Pea size amount of Retin-A (my doc prescribed it after accutane but it made me so dry so i quit using it, but i'm using it again) wait 20min. Apply Aloe Vera from plant all over. A tiny bit of Jojoba oil. And a tiny bit of cetaphil cream.

In about a month I'll be moving into my sorority house so I'm really nervous because it'll be the first time that I'll have no privacy to pick/treat my face. I'm not going to be walking around with an aloe plant on my face. And I have to get ready quickly in the morning. And I need something that will keep my face from peeling when I'm out tailgating all morning. I was at the movies last night with my mom and when we left I went to the bathroom and half my face was coming off!!

Do you think I'll have an intial outbreak on RAM or no because I've been on accutane?

Another issue: I need to get on BC because I have a steady partner at the moment, but sadly im too paranoid that I'll start getting cysts because of it. Any suggestions? My derm says Tricyclin. But I think thats what caused this in the first place

Any help is appreciated. I hope next year wont be a nightmare again : (

SORRY SO LONG!!

Guest anonymous
I used to get cystic acne. I went on Accutane and havent had a cyst in over a year. Last menstural cycle (its the only time i get acne) I got my first pimple in over a year, well I messed with it and I'm still not sure if it ever became a cyst. We'll have to see if I get one next period. Anyways, I put apple cider vinegar on it and it burned, took forever to heal! I picked and picked at it, it started to sorta scab and I kept tearing off the skin. Oops. Well no i'm left with a very shallow circular mark that is a bit red. It is indented in certain lightening. It itches a bit. What can I do to fill it in since I think its still healing. I've been taking skin & nails vitamins, applying fresh aloe vera from the plant, even some kelo-cote,I had left over from surgery. Help please!

If my cystic acne is returning. What is a 2nd round on accutane like..more drying? What are the stats of people who need a 2nd round.

Also, after that scare I've been researching like mad. I came up with this routine. Please share your thoughts.

Morning: Wash with cetaphil cleanser. Moisturize with cetaphil cream and a bit of Jojoba oil (Does anyone know if this will make Cysts return?). Apply Physicans Formula pressed powder...I love this stuff! My face has been crazy dry and if I dont wait enough time to put on my make up it just mixes with the lotion and cakes off, I'm really depressed about this so if anyone can recommend another lotion or something to make this faster.

Night: Wash with Cetaphil. Spot treat with tea tree oil. Pea size amount of Retin-A (my doc prescribed it after accutane but it made me so dry so i quit using it, but i'm using it again) wait 20min. Apply Aloe Vera from plant all over. A tiny bit of Jojoba oil. And a tiny bit of cetaphil cream.

In about a month I'll be moving into my sorority house so I'm really nervous because it'll be the first time that I'll have no privacy to pick/treat my face. I'm not going to be walking around with an aloe plant on my face. And I have to get ready quickly in the morning. And I need something that will keep my face from peeling when I'm out tailgating all morning. I was at the movies last night with my mom and when we left I went to the bathroom and half my face was coming off!!

Do you think I'll have an intial outbreak on RAM or no because I've been on accutane?

Another issue: I need to get on BC because I have a steady partner at the moment, but sadly im too paranoid that I'll start getting cysts because of it. Any suggestions? My derm says Tricyclin. But I think thats what caused this in the first place

Any help is appreciated. I hope next year wont be a nightmare again : (

SORRY SO LONG!!

i just recently burned my face with acv too. i put on sa and ga after i washed off the acv HUGE mistake!! so don't feel so bad. I never pick...i know it's harder for a girl but it's horrible. i'm not a big fan of the cetaphil moisturizer. i've used it but it's to thick. i use biore nourish spf 15 it's alot lighter and still non comedegenic. you can get a lot of other good ideas on moisturizer on here by doing a search. anyway sounds to me besides that one pimple you just need to keep your skin healthy and acne free instead of treating active acne. i'm not a big fan of accutane but you know you've already been on it. i've taken it 9 years ago and i hated the sides. did you ever think about going on the regimen on here. i'm thinking about doing it because i only have a few active zits and mainly stubborn redmarks. i'm gonna keep my cetaphil wash normal/oily skin and my moisturizer and just by the bp. i don't know though?? i'm also doing delna's regimen and i like it. i can give you the link if you want it...i have to find it. it's basically a baking soda exfoliation then diluted acv wash off then bp spot treatment in the morn and then an egg white/lemon juice mask at night...bp spot treat. good luck!

I'm totally giving up on over the counter, BP & SA products because I'm on RAM. And I have cystic acne, I dont believe over the counter stuff is even meant for it. I'm considering buying the Zeno just incase. But I swear if I get 2 more cysts I'm going back on accutane!!

Right now my only concern is fixing this dent (it may be able to be done since its still really young) and controlling my flaky skin. I heard that you can alternate RAM every other day but does this delay the effects/prolong the initial outbreak?

I've been lurking/searching for a longggg time and I cant really find a consensus on the best moisturizers.

I tend to like what Labgirl writes. Hopefully she'll see this and can help me pick out what kind of Birth control pill I should go on. I only get cysts on my period. So with someones knowledge of how the hormones and cysts work than maybe I can be led in the right direction. Ive been reading a lot of stuff but I cant decide!!

Thanks!

Does anyone know what I should be putting on this to make the dent smaller? Its really new and still kinda red shiny so I wanna do as much as possible before its really permanent. Thanks!