Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlondeBBy

This is RUINING My life!!! *Pic*

I have been dealing with acne since I was about 12. I am 18 now. I have tried EVERYTHING.

I was on BC for acne and got off it because it messed up my cycles. Then I was on ProActive for about 2 years. It helped my acne but didn't clear it up all the way. Finally I just stopped using everything and my skin cleared up 100%!!

I was so happy and thought my acne days were over. Wrong. After about a month of clear skin, my acne came back WAY WORSE. I Have never ever had this bad of skin as i have right now. It is so painful and all over my chin and some on my cheeks. I keep getting new ones everyday.

I have no idea what to do. It's making me so depressed and I can't go anywhere without makeup. Even with makeup on, i still look horrible and don't like meeting new people or looking them in the eye because i will see them staring at my horrible acne. I am going to stay home until this acne is gone or i find a cure because makeup makes it worse. I need serious help.

I have used every cream and mask. It helps a little bit. I dont know if i should go back on proactive or the pill. I have used tea tree oil and it helps a little but not in the long run.

I took a multivitamin and a zinc pill for the first time tody so hopefully that will help.

Please help me!

This is a pic i took today. its with my crappy phone camera but you get the jist.:( ewwwww.

Picture is Attached. :(

post-80960-1217816317_thumb.jpg

post-80960-1217816317_thumb.jpg

I don't know how much the picture is lying, but I think its all in your mind. It blends pretty well with your skin.

it is a cellphone pic and so the colors are weird but really even my parents and friends have said they have never seen my skin this bad before. that pic is only half of my chin and cheek. I need some ideas on what to do to help it.

If all fails from your trial and error I suggest you try Accutane. With the right precautions its a miracle drug. I've improved so much that I have 50 percent of my confidence back. I can now approach people without being scared of my acne. I've been told that I'm very cute recently too. :D

Please consider Accutane. It is prescribed for persistant acne, which, from your post, yours seems to be. I am in a similar situation, I have had acne since I was about 12 and will be turning 18 in November. I have tried so many different things but to no avail - when I get back from vacation (I'm in Turkey right now), I am going to talk to my dermatologist again about Accutane. Acne has over my life and I want it back; I'm sure you do too. Please consider it. Any dermatologist would prescribe it to you given how persistant your acne has been. Good luck and feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.

isnt accutane a last resort for very severe acne??? I have heard about the side effects and thought that was only for really really horrible kinds?

Ouchies- I can sure relate to that! Have you been on spironolactone at all? Also, which BCP did they have you on?

isnt accutane a last resort for very severe acne??? I have heard about the side effects and thought that was only for really really horrible kinds?
Tried the holistic approach?

Anyway, if it really is ruining your life and you are desperate enough, Accutane could be the answer. You just have to decide, whether you can handle the possible side effects or not.

It annoys me that everyone thinks accutane is so dangerous when it's completely safe! I've been taking the full 1 mg per kg dose each day and the only side effects I've got has been dry skin around my chin and mouth, and dry lips... THAT'S ALL! Sure some people do get more side effects than I do, but the chances of that are so low that it's just a non-event.

The doctor who prescribed the accutane to me put his daughter on it because he knows it's safe. He said that if you read the side effects on a bottle of pain killers you would also be scared.

ACCUTANE IS NOT A LAST RESORT! My acne was pretty mild, but it really affected my social life, so I decided to go on accutane. So many of my friends have taken it and none of them have had any problems.

Please do yourself a favour and stop listening to all the people who think accutane is dangerous, because the bottom line is that it's safe and it'll definitely change your life.

Since you have fair skin it seems, try using a 1/3 part warm water, and 2/3 apple cider vinegar after you washed your face with a gentle cleanser or just hot water when you removed your make-up. Leave it on over night, it'll sting for a little but it'll calm down the redness. I wouldn't recommend using too many products at once, but hope this helps.

If all fails from your trial and error I suggest you try Accutane. With the right precautions its a miracle drug. I've improved so much that I have 50 percent of my confidence back. I can now approach people without being scared of my acne. I've been told that I'm very cute recently too. :D

wait a minute...i get that accutane is successful but lets be real...if she has never been to a derm (which may be the case since she talked about BC and proactiv but nothing like differin, tazorac, or w/e) they more than likely wont give her tane on the first appt.

i do agree with those who say see a derm though. proactiv is crap for a lot of people, myself included.

Girl,

get accutane.

it changed my life.

actually, I got my life back because of it.

i wasted so much time trying to do everything but go on this medication and you know what? I could have saved myself A LOT of heartache by just going with it.

Check out my log/my gallery to see the results I've gotten from it.

I know where you are. Really, I do. Acne SUCKS. That's why I want you to so badly at least consider my advice.

Honestly I dont know if people here have tried this...but acne free in 3 days really does work!! I tried it and I was soo skeptical at first, but after about a week on the plan my skin was great!!!I am so confident now I recommend this e book to EVERYONE with acne!

Honestly I dont know if people here have tried this...but acne free in 3 days really does work!! I tried it and I was soo skeptical at first, but after about a week on the plan my skin was great!!!I am so confident now I recommend this e book to EVERYONE with acne!

ur like a carbon copy of my skin. you should try goin on dan's regime and its only been a week for me but my acne scarring has gone down alot and less whiteheads. yeah try acccutane if u dont play any sports. i dont wana try it because im big into judo and volleyball and they say a side effect is weakening of the joints. hope all goes well

i would recommend sulfur products. the soap on my signature along with eliminating dairy products is what cleared my acne. i wouldnt recommend accutane. i took it and it was a temporary fix. it cleared me for a year but then the acne came back and was much, much worse. its not worth the risks involved imo.

I was in the same boat as you. Althought my acne started when I was 18, and it seem to be related to stress as college season started it would get worse. I used to have mild acne and certain foods trigerred breakdowns. I tried proactive, and a whole bunch of over the counter stuff. 3 months before my wedding I looked in the mirror and decided to go to a derm. He prescribed me bactrim, and as of today (5 months later) I'm 99% Clear.I'd say go to a derm (talk to friends see if they know of a good derm, mine was recommended by an old lady at work).

Acne affected my life, I didnt even want my Girlfriend to touch my face, and I was always in a bad mood. The derm has given me my life back and I did not even have to go on Accutane. Also remember that Acne takes time to heal. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or ask here.